X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bondi.boy
    replied
    Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I've never been a fan either BB. I see them all the time when I'm on the ferry and I shudder at the thought of being on one of those for days on end.
    Yes, rwb ...
    so many people, thousands on every ship now.
    What could possibly go wrong.
    Just about everything at one time or another, an expert said on tv the other day.
    So much food being prepared.
    Swimming pools used by so many people.
    Everything from gastro to legionnaires
    disease he listed.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Adern is control of a whole different country. Impossible to compare.

As for cruise ships, dumb people still traveled on them against the advice of the government who advised them well in advance of departure or returning.

So be it!
    I'm sick of the media love fest with the NZ Queen Bee...shes got a nerve to lecture us on what we should or shouldn't do. Go away Jemima.

Leave a comment:

• redwhiteblue
    replied
    Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
    Wish cruise ships didn't exist.
    I've never been a fan either BB. I see them all the time when I'm on the ferry and I shudder at the thought of being on one of those for days on end.

Leave a comment:

• Bondicigar
    replied
    Even looters are only allowed 2 rolls of date roll...
    crazy times

Leave a comment:

• rented tracksuit
    replied
    Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Perhaps when he said that people panic buying in supermarkets was "un-Australian" i was wondering if he thought leaving his country in the middle of a crisis was "un-Australian"??

Then then we had to put up with the NSW state government blaming the federal governments border patrol for the cruise liner fark up....only to have the federal government blame the NSW state government .... totally unacceptable. Its has come at the cost of lives.

Then the dangerous naivety to call all Australians to come back from all parts of the world and expect them to self quarantine- again unacceptable. They literally left airports and spread the virus all over the place. The response to have incoming travellers from overseas to be forced to quarantine came too late. It has also come at the cost of lives.

Meanwhile over in NZ Adhern has absolutely nailed it. She acted in every area before our government and presently they have 1 death and the "curve" is not only being flattened but quashed. She did have the advantage of being able to shut schools straight away without the fear of it having a effect on the staffing of hospitals because her government did rip the arse out of their health system.

However i understand at times of crisis people rally around their leader.....9/11 got George W Bush a second term and the same with the Falklands war & Thatcher.....but when the dust settled their popularity faded when the facts were looked at.

I guess we need to agree we hold different views on the subject. So be it!

Adern is control of a whole different country. Impossible to compare.

As for cruise ships, dumb people still traveled on them against the advice of the government who advised them well in advance of departure or returning.

So be it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X