Lindsay Collins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    His last half dozen games for us have been extremely impressive. He runs like the Juggernaut from X-Men and carries defenders on his back like a mumma Orangutan.

He's also a rock solid defender.

You can totally see why Robbo has a man crush on him.

Given his form and the versatility of Rads, plus Robbo's limited use of Verrills in the WCC, I now see young Sam as the odd man out on the bench with Lindsay having pole position.
    Robbo did say that Verrils was planned for about a 30 min stint in the WCC but the injury to Angus threw out the interchange program.
    Choose hope over fear.

Comment

I want sam verills on the field so no collins because Sitilli looks to be developing as a 2nd rower so with full team!
      bench will be:
      14 isacc/prop
      15 nat/prop
      16 sitilli/2nd row
      17 sam verills /hooker

Comment

Originally posted by Snapn1 View Post
        I want sam verills on the field so no collins because Sitilli looks to be developing as a 2nd rower so with full team!
        bench will be:
        14 isacc/prop
        15 nat/prop
        16 sitilli/2nd row
        17 sam verills /hooker
        I am not 100% convinced Robbo will carry Verills on the bench. I think Friend may play 80 mins but then possibly Robbo may rest/manage him through the season and then give Verrills 80min when he does. Just my opinion

Comment

We use sam like the NFL do with there change of pace running backs!! Friend can't keep the same pace for 80minutes thats when sam comes in 15minutes before 2nd half an 15minutes starting 2nd half

Comment

We have 2nd rowers that play 80minutes boyd,Rads and Aubusson so interchange Sitilli with Aubusson

Comment

I think Collins will be great. He has done his apprenticeship. I hope to see him play more minutes. He offers lots of aggression and impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                Looked very good , aggressive and has filled out. I liked Tetevano..but i think Collins will have much more impact off the bench
                Agree, I really rated Tetevano but I think Collins will be a lot better. Big forwards take time to mature and don’t really start to be consistently good until mid 20’s. I think Lindsay is 23 and just starting to find his feet. Definitely a keeper and Josh Morris at 33 is not worth a swap for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Had to laugh at the commentators when the Pommie lined up big Lindsay from the kick off return.

Fast head on collision and they were rapping the Saints player for the hit...then realised he came off 2nd best!

Don't try to hurt the Collinator.
                  The Pommie bloke was named Lee . The collision of the game for me and Lee was in Disneyland after trying to take on the Collinsinator !

Comment

I thought last year would of been his breakout year after missing the GF but he was scrappy and eventually got dropped. But it was good to see him turn it around in the last games of 2019 and looks like he has brought the form into 2020

happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                      The way he runs reminds me of Terry Reagan....full boar ,straight with no footwork. Best if he can develop some form of swerve or sidestep at the line
                      Your description RR also reminds me of Martin Lang. I pity his brain.

Comment

Originally posted by The Marshall View Post

Agree, I really rated Tetevano but I think Collins will be a lot better. Big forwards take time to mature and don’t really start to be consistently good until mid 20’s. I think Lindsay is 23 and just starting to find his feet. Definitely a keeper and Josh Morris at 33 is not worth a swap for him.
                        Collins is a bigger body, who has speed and power his side. As a few have pointed out he is kind of like Napa 2.0. If he reaches his potential he will become a force to be reckoned with on our bench, and in general our squad
                        https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...hallenge-2003/

Comment

Yes, I agree with the sentiment expressed in this thread, and am 'bullish' on Lindsay's potential, ability and future with us. He has the body make up to be a very solid forward and, with the right guidance, could turn into a representative player in the not too distant future. He has age on his side, compared to Tets, for example, and so we need to prioritise his retention. I was quite excited at what I saw from him in the WCC and that should give him loads of confidence. I am encouraged by the fact that his handling error rate seems to have improved.
                          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

Collins is a bigger body, who has speed and power his side. As a few have pointed out he is kind of like Napa 2.0. If he reaches his potential he will become a force to be reckoned with on our bench, and in general our squad
                            Bad comparison, Collins is fast and has strong leg drive, Napa moved like a glacier.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Bad comparison, Collins is fast and has strong leg drive, Napa moved like a glacier.
                              Haha very good....and accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Lol. Moves like a glacier; IQ of a snow flake
                                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Working...
                                X