Announcement

Collapse

Browse Ad-Free in Season 2020!

Support TheChookpen with a Premium Subscription and browse the forum AD-FREE. Click this link to purchase a subscription for the 2020 season! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

The Axe: heard a rumour, Hope it’s wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Axe: heard a rumour, Hope it’s wrong

Currently at PoW. Serious illness. won’t go into details on public site for confidentiality reasons.

can anyone in the know, please enquire and let us know his state

prayers. A dead set Easts Immortal
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

I hope it isn't true of course. I do know that one Roosters legend had been in a bad way in the last year, hoping it isn't him but then hoping it isn't anyone else either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
      Currently at PoW. Serious illness. won’t go into details on public site for confidentiality reasons.

can anyone in the know, please enquire and let us know his state

prayers. A dead set Easts Immortal
      We've had so many iconic players, however immortal status is reserved for the few - Messenger, Beetson, Dave Brown, Freddy and the like.

Is it Ron Coote? Horrie?

On a side note, Tommy Raudonikis has been on his death bed for about 5 years now.

Whoever it is, it may not be so dire (fingers crossed)
      Last edited by Steakface; 02-14-2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Bunny Reilly?
        Originally posted by Chook;n805564
        Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          Bunny Reilly?
          yes Mickie

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

The Axe played as a prop forward for Eastern Suburbs in the first-ever World Club Challenge match of 1976 against British champions St. Helens.

Timely...

Comment

Bunny has been pretty unwell for a long time I believe - and I read that many years ago.

Tough as nails on the field and a fantastic bloke off it. Met him a few times as a star struck kid - will never forget him.

Prayers and blessings to him.

Comment

Watched him play many times in the 70s. Sad if it’s him.
                He was a tough as nails player. Victor reminds me of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                  The Axe played as a prop forward for Eastern Suburbs in the first-ever World Club Challenge match of 1976 against British champions St. Helens.

Timely...
                  They did the numbering different back then. I think he was at lock.

Comment

2nd row actually. A great defender never went high alway cut them off at the knees. A Bondi United legend. Sad if true.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                      Watched him play many times in the 70s. Sad if it’s him.
                      He was a tough as nails player. Victor reminds me of him.

Yes you are absolutely spot on RC with your comparison. Very sorry and saddened to hear this news, the early 70's Easts sides were my childhood heroes. Bunny Reilly was an inspiration to all the little guys in the game in my day. Tough dependable, and inspirational. Every coach would love a player like him in their team

Comment

Absolute Roosters legend, all guts, small in stature but heart of a lion. Very sad news.

Comment

Working...
                        X