Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Hall must be dominant all season if Roosters are going to compete

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ryan Hall must be dominant all season if Roosters are going to compete

    He is the key, Roosters are thin out wide. A healthy dominant season from Hall is necessary

  • #2
    Very entertaining post ...you nearly got me!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Don't think our season depends on him but he's definitely a bloke who could be a match winner. If he fires we won't miss Latrell.

      Comment


      • #4
        Its a gee up surely

        Comment


        • #5
          I am not expecting too much from him TBH, but if he delivers and happens to surprise us and over achieves, it certainly won't hurt us and could be a very pleasant surprise package for the season ahead.
          MRR or Rabid

          Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.


          (1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

          Comment


          • #6
            He is an awesome winger, but not cut out for the NRL. Would've been unbelievable in a different era, but he's just not a try scorer. He's like a poor mans Blake Ferguson, makes the metres but doesn't have the speed, athleticism or try-scoring nous you need to be a genuine top-class winger. Decent player, but I think with the firepower on our left side taking a big hit we need a bit more from everyone in the attacking department and he doesn't offer that.
            Last edited by Roosta4life; 02-13-2020, 09:08 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I know he has an unbelievable super league try-scoring record, but it's a completely different game over there, he's yet to score for us.

              Comment


              • #8
                Name me one player who hit the ground running after an ACL injury.

                JWH tore his in about rnd 24 2015 and he didn't rediscover his best form for a couple of seasons. SST took time to recover from his too.

                And yet Ryan Hall gets written off after half a dozen games back from his ACL tear.

                Geez our fans are hard markers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  Name me one player who hit the ground running after an ACL injury.

                  JWH tore his in about rnd 24 2015 and he didn't rediscover his best form for a couple of seasons. SST took time to recover from his too.

                  And yet Ryan Hall gets written off after half a dozen games back from his ACL tear.

                  Geez our fans are hard markers.
                  I agree, but he's 32. Is he ever going to get back to where he was, and is where he was what we need? Great player and I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't think he will unfortunately.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Roosta4life View Post

                    I agree, but he's 32. Is he ever going to get back to where he was, and is where he was what we need? Great player and I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't think he will unfortunately.
                    His age and the fact he is a massive human make it hard for him to rediscover his best after a severe knee injury. I really do hope he comes good, seems like a nice dude and is popular in the playing group

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Agree with sentiment that i don't think he is going to be a great finisher at this stage of his career.

                      But he is a big fella and will still have pace.

                      Maybe that is the thinking - his potential to get us off to a good start on each set + invaluable experience in defence might offset any other shortcomings.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ryan Hall
                        ACL Right knee (Aug 2018) - 8 months
                        Dislocated Left Patella (knee cap) - (July 2019) - 3 to 4 months
                        Dislocated same Left Patella (knee cap) again (Nov 2019) - 3 to 4 month

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
                          Ryan Hall
                          ACL Right knee (Aug 2018) - 8 months
                          Dislocated Left Patella (knee cap) - (July 2019) - 3 to 4 months
                          Dislocated same Left Patella (knee cap) again (Nov 2019) - 3 to 4 month
                          The second injury was a patella injury, not dislocated. Up to three weeks: https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...ate--round-19/
                          Last edited by QWERTY; 02-14-2020, 01:45 PM.
                          https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...hallenge-2003/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kruT View Post
                            He is the key, Roosters are thin out wide. A healthy dominant season from Hall is necessary
                            Nah he is actually going to be the lock, Radley has been moved to right centre.
                            Originally posted by OMR;n823956
                            You guys will soon be shot down by mickie lane for saying negative stuff about his much admired bunnies. So be gentle with your hatred for souffs as you might hurt his feelings too

                            Originally posted by The Sack;n823995

                            Watch out, you will get bombarded with gay and animal porn now. One sick individual.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeh the success of our season relies on Ryan Hall.

                              This thread is up there with the Teddy is our worst recruit in a decade thread.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X