No announcement yet.

Michael Cheika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really know what to make of this appointment, but I will keep an open mind for the time being. I will just put it down to that there is a 'method in the madness' that we just cannot see yet. Robbo always looks to gain the edge over his competitors somehow, so perhaps he seems something in him that we and others don't. Happy to trust his and the club's judgement.
    MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
    is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
    with that attitude. I can assure you it is
    much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

I think this is a great appointment.

There is more to coaching than the mere Xs and Os of coaching drills.

There is also the man management side of coaching. Players can grow in many ways - not just in terms of basic skills like passing and line running; but also as teammates and communicators, etc.

With the likes of Robbo, Cronk, Fitzy and King on staff I'm quite sure we have the basics of playing NRL covered. So maybe Cheika has been brought on board to aid in other areas.

I mean the bottom line is, Trust in Trent.

If he rates Cheika then that's good enough for me. He's already earned the respect and trust of a thousand lifetimes at this club.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        I think this is a great appointment.

There is more to coaching than the mere Xs and Os of coaching drills.

There is also the man management side of coaching. Players can grow in many ways - not just in terms of basic skills like passing and line running; but also as teammates and communicators, etc.

With the likes of Robbo, Cronk, Fitzy and King on staff I'm quite sure we have the basics of playing NRL covered. So maybe Cheika has been brought on board to aid in other areas.

I mean the bottom line is, Trust in Trent.

If he rates Cheika then that's good enough for me. He's already earned the respect and trust of a thousand lifetimes at this club.
        Thanks for saying what I wanted to say so articulately.
        Even if Robbo wanted Mundine on his coaching staff I’d support it.

Comment

Michael Cheika is the uncle to Adam Doueihi maybe he could bring him over to the bright side,,,,also wouldn’t mind some Leb connection through the club

Comment

He got Aus to world cup final last time when no-one expected.
            he can coach and he calls a spade a spade or a Castle a ....
            He's had not enough fwd cattle last couple yrs, ...one could say decade.
            He'll add value as he thinks differently, and fits into the Robbo pattern, different year, different ideas and people involved, forever moving forward.

Comment

Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you.
              Thats what Robbo does.

Comment

Didn’t I read somewhere that we had signed Nathan cayless as assistant coach?

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                  That is correct.

Cayless is on the coaching staff, too.

Comment

So..... Our new tactic to counter the one-on-one strip, ruck and maul!

Or Uncle Nick needed a new chauffeur for the limo

Comment

Just goes to show how progressive this club is. Farking awesome!

Comment

He is the first coach to win a Super rugby comp for NSW after they tried for a long time. The wallabies coach is a poison chalice cause the stock of good Aussie rugby players have dried up a long time ago. He is still a good coach IMO who might bring in new ideas to surprise other teams. It’s good that Robbo is trying to reinvent the way we play. AND he might even bring Douhie to us when Morris or Hall leave the club.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                          He is the first coach to win a Super rugby comp for NSW after they tried for a long time. The wallabies coach is a poison chalice cause the stock of good Aussie rugby players have dried up a long time ago. He is still a good coach IMO who might bring in new ideas to surprise other teams. It’s good that Robbo is trying to reinvent the way we play. AND he might even bring Douhie to us when Morris or Hall leave the club.
                          All good points. Further, international yawnion is a real game. Australia simply isn't one of the world's top 5 rugby nations. Japan did much better than us in the most recent world cup and it was no fluke.

I hate yawnion but IMO Mic Check 1-2 woulda had a lot of challenges having to prep for games against NZ/SA teams with fatigue/travel/altitude...etc an assumption. He's coached teams in a far more competitive competition where TBH Australia is the underdog. IMO prepping for a game against the Hurricanes or the Chiefs on their home turf at a packed stadium would be next level compared to prepping for a game against Melbourne in front of 13,000 'fans' who didn't get VFL tickets. Especially when you're relying on overpaid, egotistic brats like Beale, O'Connor and Izzy to turn up for the team (and not themselves).

I don't rate yawnion but I respect that the coaching gig would be hardcore. Not wanting to blab about Izzy but managing him outta the team compared with managing Latrell outta the team would be next level. Not that hard to understand that your club doesn't need dramas...

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                            Cayless currently has the role that SBW was set to take until Toronto decided to cut him a 10m cheque.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

All good points. Further, international yawnion is a real game. Australia simply isn't one of the world's top 5 rugby nations. Japan did much better than us in the most recent world cup and it was no fluke.

I hate yawnion but IMO Mic Check 1-2 woulda had a lot of challenges having to prep for games against NZ/SA teams with fatigue/travel/altitude...etc an assumption. He's coached teams in a far more competitive competition where TBH Australia is the underdog. IMO prepping for a game against the Hurricanes or the Chiefs on their home turf at a packed stadium would be next level compared to prepping for a game against Melbourne in front of 13,000 'fans' who didn't get VFL tickets. Especially when you're relying on overpaid, egotistic brats like Beale, O'Connor and Izzy to turn up for the team (and not themselves).

I don't rate yawnion but I respect that the coaching gig would be hardcore. Not wanting to blab about Izzy but managing him outta the team compared with managing Latrell outta the team would be next level. Not that hard to understand that your club doesn't need dramas...
                              Intelligent post mate...you have got me thinking I may have written Chubby Checker off too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                                Perhaps cheika employed as scarecrow to keep RAelene away
                                Funniest shit ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X