Michael Cheika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Cheika

Reported in the Tele that he is now part of our coaching staff!!

He would be there to learn..he couldnt offer anything else
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

can he play left centre ?

Comment

Like Eddie Jones, he is a Souffs fan. Trojan horse perhaps?

Nah, he's just good mates with Robbo I think.

Brains probably right.

Comment

Are Asu Kepaoa and Christian Tuipuloto ex rugby players? Maybe Robbo has a plan to have an ex rugby coach work with them on there game transition?

Comment

Maybe he will handle press conferences.

Comment

Also I saw Christian Tuipuloto on the Sydney Roosters twitter feed for Digital Day where they take all the snaps of the first grade side for TV and FOX. He was in the roll with Asu Kepaoa so i reckon he will be promoted to the NRL squad.

Comment

I can’t see how Michael Cheika can offer anything of value to the Roosters coaching staff.

Cheika’s record as Wallabies coach is very ordinary (I acknowledge the ordinary group of players under him) including close to a 50% win record which reduces to ~20% and ~10% when playing against NZ and England, respectively.

Cheika is the complete opposite of Robbo... he seems to blame everyone for his mistakes and thinks the world is against him.

The only Rugby Union coach that could add value to The Roosters coaching group would be Eddie Jones.

Comment

Was Robbo's go to in 2013/014. TR used to go and watch him train his troops.. TR must think he can fill the void after the losses in our coaching staff and maybe bring something very very different?

Comment

Cheika actually played SG Ball for the Roosters before heading to Rugby Union.

Apparently has been working with us for the last month.

Comment

Second phase play. Rolling mauls. Offloads.

Saw that Jason Ryles is going to coach with Eddie Jones in England after this season (if Eddie still has a job then)
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                        Like Eddie Jones, he is a Souffs fan. Trojan horse perhaps?

Nah, he's just good mates with Robbo I think.

Brains probably right.
                        Can probably teach us how to play against the Storm and Raiders.

Nrl.com did this super awkward write-up on their strip tactic the other day where they confirmed everybody's suspicion that the tactic involves wrapping up the ball before the peel, which would be a penalty. However, they were on the payroll so despite showing heaps of photos proving it's just a lame tactic that shouldn't be allowed, they had to end with 'of course, most of the time it's done skilfully so that there's no penalty... the refs have done an amazing job of figuring out when it's not done within the rules... which is never... of course... and eeerm... I'm gonna stop talking now...'

With that rubbish going on, you need an expert in coaching union forwards to be on your books. Very wise move IMO!

Comment

Pick and go

Comment

I hope he’s not our attacking coach
                            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

He may be the Electrical Tape coach. Shows the players how to correctly wrap the tape around their heads so as not to end up with ears like his !

Comment

Working...
                              X