Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy Smith has sustained a major knee injury at training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hutchison better than Flanagan?
    We have to get it right first game.
    What about Lam?

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
      If we're to have any hope of winning the
      premiership this year...we have to burst out of the blocks at full speed...no time for on the job training.
      We need seasoned professionals in every position.
      Saw Cordner on tv last night introducing.
      BMoz as our new left centre.
      He's a seasoned professional.
      Trent will train him in the finer points of left centre/our lethal left side.

More of a worry for me is halfback.
      No Cronk...but we have the next best thing...Cronk coaching the halves.
      But who is the closest halfback to " a seasoned rofessional"?
      In none of our 3 recent premiership seasons have we "burst out of the blocks at full speed". Robbo makes sure the team builds during the year into playing their best footy at the end of it.

The dragons on the other hand "burst out of the blocks at full speed" every season.

Comment

• We are slow starters but thats because we lose players every year being so successful intern bumping up player values!
        as mentioned i feel christian Tuipulotu has the jump in my eyes next to manu! Reason being hall cant find the try line in 7games last year an icky is terrible on the high ball and finds it difficult to tackle 1 on 1!
        please Tuipulotu show robbo
        18yo 6,3 an still growing ,he might end up same hight as Toops

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapn1 View Post
          We are slow starters but thats because we lose players every year being so successful intern bumping up player values!
          as mentioned i feel christian Tuipulotu has the jump in my eyes next to manu! Reason being hall cant find the try line in 7games last year an icky is terrible on the high ball and finds it difficult to tackle 1 on 1!
          please Tuipulotu show robbo
          18yo 6,3 an still growing ,he might end up same hight as Toops
          I have never seen Tuipulotu play Have you? I see he has been a schoolboy star but has he actually played in any form of Rugby League in Australia or the NRL? He is an 18 year old kid, away from home in NZ for the first time..... do you really think he HAS THE JUMP on anyone at this stage? Please tell me more.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            If we had spare cash after LM left we probably now need to use it after Billy went down.

In saying that there no reason to panic and rush to sign someone. They’ll just shift everyone in a spot.. or out a spot in Angus case. And then deal before the June 30 deadline.
            Maybe we don't have spare cash and that's why they let him go?

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
              Is Hutchison better than Flanagan?
              We have to get it right first game.
              What about Lam?
              Hutchinson is only there to fill holes.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post

In none of our 3 recent premiership seasons have we "burst out of the blocks at full speed". Robbo makes sure the team builds during the year into playing their best footy at the end of it.

The dragons on the other hand "burst out of the blocks at full speed" every season.
                In 2019 we did...well except for the first game against Souths and their lucky kicks.
                Then we were on fire...won next 8 in a row.
                Bursting.
                In 2020 we need to do the same, because with no Latrell and no Cronk to rescue us in matches when the going gets tough...we can't afford to get left behind ..and get into the position of having to win 9 in a row to make the 4.
                We need to be up in the top 4 all season in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  Sounds like he should be workin on the Council, or maybe a Gigolo..

Comment

• Lol JFC!
                    MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                    is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                    with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                    much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Maybe we don't have spare cash and that's why they let him go?
                      Do you reckon we have filled $1m+ already on other players?
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• I think with what we've got Brett Morris at centre is our best option, I am really disappointed for Billy Smith and the roosters, was so looking forward to seeing him have a crack . major blow

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                          I wish I had that job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                            A big yes to Josh Morris...... he was exceptional in a very ordinary 2019 Sharks side.

However Robbo has made it very clear they wont be going to the market to find a left centre....so it looks like they are going to search deep within the rookie ranks

Ikavalu is not the answer. While his efforts are tremendous with ball in hand his one on one defence is a nightmare.
                            Don’t be too harsh on The Sharks. They don’t have a coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I wish I had that job.
                              nothing like 17 sweaty men to get you all fired up hey 13?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

Do you reckon we have filled $1m+ already on other players?
                                No! Still a bit in the kitty..

Comment

Working...
                                X