Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy Smith has sustained a major knee injury at training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still not convinced on ikavalu at centre for a full season. I definitely want Morris to stay on the wing. I do not want a second rower playing centre either, for now I'd go ika from our current squad or this tuipolotu kid, but I think we should have a look around might snare a gem ...May not as well .. .Ryan hall is a bit of an unknown ...could be a star, could be a dud so I won't count on him

Comment

• The sensible thing for us (fans) to do would be to write Billy off for this year and support him bigtime in his comeback in 2021.

I've got a feeling be worth the wait.

Comment

• Watch this site. Theres a young bloke called jake preston. He has been billys traing partner all preseason. Just a kid still but shining
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
          Sos skidsy.
          This and J-Moz are the two signings I could probably get around. Skd is only 31 and it would be a fairytale to be able to give him a proper send off. He was looking good for newcastle, albeit on the wing. Iku is listed as a centre on the Roosters website. At the end of the day, we've lost a rookie centre, it's not the be all and end all of our premiership aspirations
          #InRobboWeTrust

Comment

• Originally posted by 2013PREMIERS View Post

This and J-Moz are the two signings I could probably get around. Skd is only 31 and it would be a fairytale to be able to give him a proper send off. He was looking good for newcastle, albeit on the wing. Iku is listed as a centre on the Roosters website. At the end of the day, we've lost a rookie centre, it's not the be all and end all of our premiership aspirations
            I think Iku was centre of the year in NSW Cup a few years ago.

Comment

• He was the NSW Cup centre of the year in 2017. He also played in the centres for the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2013PREMIERS View Post

Anyone for off contract and readily available centre/2nd rower Kyle Turner?
                I'd much rather him at 27 yo than the other two mentioned above.

Comment

• A big yes to Josh Morris...... he was exceptional in a very ordinary 2019 Sharks side.

However Robbo has made it very clear they wont be going to the market to find a left centre....so it looks like they are going to search deep within the rookie ranks

Ikavalu is not the answer. While his efforts are tremendous with ball in hand his one on one defence is a nightmare.

Comment

• Surely anyone mentioning SKD is taking the piss. He was a nightmare for us in the end and was terrible at the Knights. Kyle Turner is legless , wouldnt trouble a decent A grade defense. Ikuvalu is a solid back up player during Origin , nothing more. If we dont bring anyone in I think we will go with Morris & Hall on the wing...fingers crossed Billys injury isnt too severe

Comment

• If we had spare cash after LM left we probably now need to use it after Billy went down.

In saying that there no reason to panic and rush to sign someone. They’ll just shift everyone in a spot.. or out a spot in Angus case. And then deal before the June 30 deadline.
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Geez, Billy looks the goods in the training pics.
                        Chin up young fella
                        The Roosters kick start Week 3 of pre-season training with a strong field session. The session included a guest appearance by Head Coach of the Sydney Kings, Mr Will Weaver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

The issue with Brett Morris is we are weakening a strength by playing him at Centre and as a guy who has played Wing all his life, he might have issues setting up his outside man. I can remember a game last year where he declined to pass to an unmarked Toops in the last couple minutes and he was tackled and we lost the match.
                          Good points, but we need to decide which is the lesser of two evils. Do we go with a dodgy left centre so that we can keep Morris on the right wing? Bear in mind too, that up until last season Morris had played solely on the left side but was able to make the transition to the right side without any issues. Training permanently at centre will see him improve his decision making in both attack and defence. I remember the game you're talking about, it was against Melbourne. It was a funny one because he put Tupou over for a try in the first half where he probably should have just went himself, but then got selfish the time when he should have actually passed it. The other thing I remember is his defence in that game. He actually defended at 6 with Latrell defending outside him and he was superb shutting down many attacking raids, centre is such a key defensive position and you just know he would do a great job in that department

Comment

• If we're to have any hope of winning the
                            premiership this year...we have to burst out of the blocks at full speed...no time for on the job training.
                            We need seasoned professionals in every position.
                            Saw Cordner on tv last night introducing.
                            BMoz as our new left centre.
                            He's a seasoned professional.
                            Trent will train him in the finer points of left centre/our lethal left side.

More of a worry for me is halfback.
                            No Cronk...but we have the next best thing...Cronk coaching the halves.
                            But who is the closest halfback to " a seasoned rofessional"?

Comment

• I’ve got the feeling Flanagan will unlock and revive Manu’s attacking game. We will be more balanced as opposed to our left side dependence of the last two years.

Comment

• So looks like Morris will partner Toops on the left side and it'll either be Hall or Ikuvalu as right side winger pairing up with Manu.

Meh... it'll have to do this season unless Robbo decides to blood in Asu Kepaoa or Christian Tuipulotu at some point this year to see if they can offer anything better/different
                                Last edited by DP1990; 01-23-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X