Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy Smith has sustained a major knee injury at training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centers much play like faster versions of backrowers these days...even young Angus could play there but his improvement second half of last year says keep him in the middle and everywhere
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Josh Morris 33 Ryan Hall 34
      Josh Morris years off experience in top grade NRL
      Ryan Hall years of experience Super league which really isn't NRL is it
      I think Brett Morris and Brett Mullins before him have proven that veteran wingers provide more than just good value.

Even Brett's dad was great for us as a veteran winger!
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
        I think Brett Morris and Brett Mullins before him have proven that veteran wingers provide more than just good value.

Even Brett's dad was great for us as a veteran winger!
        Trouble with Ryan Hall is he has zero , none , zip flexibility , he cant turn and chase quickly , he's not an athletic winger / centre , he may have been in the past , I cant comment , have followed him , but at the moment he is a battering ram , more of a front rower aka Trevor Gilmisters build . If he's in of course I will support that but cant see it working on what I saw last year . And yes I know super league winger of the century blah blah

Comment

I'd love to have both Morris' at the Chooks.

Comment

Fergo... come back !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
              Fergo... come back !!!!
              Agree love Fergo , always gave 110% made some mistakes but a true Rooster

Comment

I reckon they should give Sitili a run at left centre....just get him to practice sprints....he’d be unstoppable !

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah View Post
                  I reckon they should give Sitili a run at left centre....just get him to practice sprints....he’d be unstoppable !
                  He can play right centre cause Manu will be playing hooker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                    Aubo to right centre manu to left
                    I hate to quote Gus but NO NO NO NO NO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

Pfft. You've taught me nothing and only confirmed my perception of your general Forum demeanour.
                      If you don't know that Toops is a left player than you may be beyond teaching.

Comment

I hope we don't recruit from outside , I think we have some young guns that might turn into something .
                        We have some players on the development list , I trust in Trent to bring them on.
                        Christian Tuipulotu ? He looks pretty good ?

We can always fall back to Aubo

I like the idea of Tupounia playing out there , that kid deserves a starting spot , he is an awesome talent that we need to keep switched on and keen , this sort of challenge does players a lot of good. I think he's good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah View Post
                          That’s a pretty interesting idea. He’s certainly a comfortable left side player. He played a bit of wing in NYC in 2016 when they won the comp. Line running is his big strength which other than short side raids from Keary may not suit our attacking style all that well. Not sure I can recall him having much of a right arm fend and I can’t see him gaining enough lateral speed by March. But worth a look considering his position in the squad. He’d need to prove he can defend on an edge because some of his efforts late last year were the season he was dropped for Collins. You have to be 100% reliable in Robbo’s system. Otherwise it would be a bit rich to go into each season expecting to win.

I think it’s more likely that he’ll use Brett Morris as left centre and give Kepaoa a run in the WCC to see if he’s running to throw in at right wing. At least until Hall is available.

Thoughts go out to Billy though, such a great upstanding kid who loves being at the Roosters. As someone else has mentioned he’ll be taken care of here better than anyone else in his position. Plenty still to look forward to from him.

Comment

Teddy had 2 ACL injuries b4 he turned 21years old! No lose with Roosters best depth Roster ! Dont be surprised if Angus Chriton plays centre ! He has become the new ALBO, fast strong ,scores trys and always has a offload! U heard it here first! Morris stays on wing

Comment

Terrible news for young Billy , makes the decision to release latrell seem even more foolhardy.
                              Out of all the options that have been mentioned in the press I'd be going for Josh Morris as I don't see any of the others as being left centre's.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

He can play right centre cause Manu will be playing hooker.

Comment

Working...
                                X