Billy Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Didn't miss a game last year, in fact the only season he has played less than 20 games was way back in 2011 when he played 17. I'd love a player in my squad as 'injury prone' as that!
    Also filled in nicely for Freddy in origin, and would be nice for the Morris boys to win a grand final together too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
      Player movements happen all the time in the offseason and the Sharks have an excess of centres, with Ramien & Xerri being starting centres.

Josh Morris makes perfect sense.
      Yeah but not clubs losing a player to injury & then just think Oh we can just tell another player from another club your now coming to us. Players who are off contract is a completely different ball game.
      Josh Morris might be perfect fit for you but Josh Morris might have some integrity & want to honour his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
        Not good news for Smith, was looking forward to seeing him get an extended run.

If confirmed I would go with:

Teddy
        Tupou
        Manu
        Morris
        Hall

With Asu Kepaoa and Ikuvalu....and Mr Fix it Aubbo as backup

Worst Case.

Still an all International back line.
        Exactly.
        In saying that I just have this feeling the Chooks will entice Gagai across.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
          hmmmm I wished latrell would do his acl , nothing's changed still hope he does his acl...if this is Billy Smith's second acl injury . hmmmm, well, I won't say it but we're all thinking it...quite literally a disaster, jmoz is solid but as I recall the 2 Morris boys at the dogs were pedestrian , we need to buy from outside , I don't know who ...but we need someone xerri, aj on the wing I don't know ... what a farken disaster ....jeez I hope this ain't Australia day 2016 when we all look back and go ...yep, that'll fark a season
          Oh me oh my what shall we do the sky is falling , fair dinkum you bloke are such pessimists , season hasn't even started and you write us off. Plenty of young talent in the ranks and also we are the Roosters , we have covered multiple positions b4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teddy View Post
            First choice Xerri, however the gummies won’t let him go 2 years early, Jmoz makes perfect sense after all he would come on the cheap and hopefully if Billy can fully recover from his injury and make it back (think Teddy he came back from the same injury 2 years running now look at him best player in the world) stick it out Billy SOS Jmoz!!!!
            I think Matt Ikavalu makes perfect sense after all he has been in the Roosters system for a few years & is a good player otherwise he wouldnt be at the Roosters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Exactly.
              Forget Gagai I’d go for Adam Douie he can play centre and provide backup for fullback and the halves.

Comment

Yeah but not clubs losing a player to injury & then just think Oh we can just tell another player from another club your now coming to us. Players who are off contract is a completely different ball game.
                Josh Morris might be perfect fit for you but Josh Morris might have some integrity & want to honour his contract.
                The Sharks have been reported to have cap issues and looking at releasing a player or two especially with the signing of Ramien. Nothing wrong with first making enquiries to the club instead of directly to the player.
                Didn't we take Jennings off the Panthers around December? That worked out ok for us.
                And three centres don't fit into two for the Sharks. I doubt Xerri and Morris want to play NSW Cup.

We have 27 spots filled and I doubt all three remaining spots will come from internal.

Does Smith's season ending injury free up another spot?

Comment

I think Matt Ikavalu makes perfect sense after all he has been in the Roosters system for a few years & is a good player otherwise he wouldnt be at the Roosters.
                  Agree as much as others have bagged him I think he's quite handy and gets in and have a go .
                  Not real fussed on hall but

Comment

Exactly.
                    Gagai supposedly on $700k. No way is he worth that and The Roosters know it. Why would he agree to be released from his contract unless he was offered the same money elsewhere. Answer: He won’t want a release.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDK View Post

Forget Gagai I’d go for Adam Douie he can play centre and provide backup for fullback and the halves.
                      Yep true & I would have no problem with that because Souths are shopping him around & the Roosters are not enticing him to break his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

The Sharks have been reported to have cap issues and looking at releasing a player or two especially with the signing of Ramien. Nothing wrong with first making enquiries to the club instead of directly to the player.
                        Didn't we take Jennings off the Panthers around December? That worked out ok for us.
                        And three centres don't fit into two for the Sharks. I doubt Xerri and Morris want to play NSW Cup.

We have 27 spots filled and I doubt all three remaining spots will come from internal.

Does Smith's season ending injury free up another spot?
                        Ive got no problem with signing a contracted player that is being shopped around, I just dont like the idea that some people on here have put forward that the Roosters can now after Smith has sustained probably a season ending injury just go & say to Cronulla that we want Xerri. Thats ridiculous.

Comment

• it's not about been a pessimist, I think losing your no 1 centre and then his replacement is a pretty big blow, and yea minor things like this can have major ramifications down the line, I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I suspect it is a major blow. the replacements we have available in our squad I do not believe are up to a full season of fg at centre , a game or 2 here or there yep sure , but a full season ? no , and yep well still make the 8 , but making the top 4 with m aubs or ikavalu at centre I suspect is unlikely , if you don't like my opinion don't read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                            it's not about been a pessimist, I think losing your no 1 centre and then his replacement is a pretty big blow, and yea minor things like this can have major ramifications down the line, I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I suspect it is a major blow. the replacements we have available in our squad I do not believe are up to a full season of fg at centre , a game or 2 here or there yep sure , but a full season ? no , and yep well still make the 8 , but making the top 4 with m aubs or ikavalu at centre I suspect is unlikely , if you don't like my opinion don't read it.
                            Mate if you're not dragging your bum on the ground chanting how doomed we are, your telling us about injuries you are willing to others.

It's not great reading...so you should expect some smacks in the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDK View Post

100%. I rate Douehi. Gagai.......big no thanks.

Comment

• Israel Folau or Jarryd Hayne

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X