No announcement yet.

Billy Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 will be a year where every single fan from every club will watch with interest to see us fail if we race out of the blocks this season similar to 2019 what is everyone’s excuse going to be then? Oh the SCG design is flawed players can’t get they’re bearings the F%#!EN Boogeyman lived there seriously we will get even more people attended our home matches plus the GF is @t the SCG ( I can already hear the scum fans up in arms they’re home ground hosts the GF BOYCOTT THE LEAGUE) The telucrap will push that agenda of bias and favouritism towards EASTS you know it will happen if we win it all again.
    RiseandriseagainEASTS!

Comment

Think.we had an average start in 2018 when Coops first arrived , took time to build a combination with Luke , well Luke is now our Coops and Flanagan is our Luke so think we could well give the comp a good shake, we are in good hands with Robbo, Go the Roosters, PS no I'm.my own grandpa jokes either Mickie Lane

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

You can tell who the dopes are when you read some of the comments on social media. My fave was a guy claiming we were rorting the cap and then when somebody pointed out how many players we had let go in recent years his comeback was that they probably weren't on big money anyway! If they weren't on big money, how were we supposed to be over the cap in the first place??

After we released Latrell and the papers wrote an article about what we might have to spend and who we were going to spend it on, there were still people saying how could we possibly have any money left in the cap?? Seriously...Cronk $1m + Latrell $700k. and all we've done is signed Flanagan (say $300k) extended and upgraded JWH and SST. Do they really think we have bumped them up by that much??
        Agree HC, very laughable...
        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

100% agree. Jealousy not envy.

Like Rooster1908 said “I personally love the hate.
          Love the hate, it means we are going good.
          ​​​​​​
          Who wants to be liked by opposition fans, more often than not it means you are going crap....
          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

I don't think envy and jealousy have to be mutually exclusive. The oppositon supporters, I believe, feel a combination of envy, jealousy, mistrust, bewilderment (at how we can be so successful given our circumstances) and straight out hatred. Some of these are outward emotions, while others (in particular, envy) are inward/personal. Nobody from the rabble, for instance, would ever openly admit that they are envious of us, but I am sure privately many would be. It would be cutting them to the quick that we won back to back and are closing the so called shadow. Their best mechanism for dealing with this is going on the offensive and hating us by berating everything we do. I also know other supporters who have admitted to me how much they admire us, but they would never say so in front of their club's other supporters.

Anyway, it is all good. All of the above is the problem of others, not us.
            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

No I agree, I reckon.most teams envy us but say they hate us , most supporters to envy us but also say they hate us , what is not to envy , successful , disciplined, great culture , great players,coach and board , most important.great colours , red, white and blue , Go the Roosters , by God snappy is contagious
              Spot on - the best colours in world sport.
              MRR or Rabid

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                I am not sure about Billy Smith, he doesn't move like a top centre. He runs good lines but doesn't have much of a swerve or step which you need at the top level. He is pretty quick but doesn't seem to have that extra gear in pace as someone like Xerri.
                Definitely a strong line runner. Great quality to have as a centre in our team with your many short sides Keary runs. I think you’ll be surprised by his swerve once he gets used to consistent first grade. He’s got great timing with his footwork and can catch on the out very well and transfers the ball quickly to his left to get his right fend up, really gets great distance between him and the defender as he fends. It’s subtle but it’s all footwork and timing. Certainly doesn’t have the acceleration on his curved running like Xerri does, but I don’t know if anyone else is on his level for that particular skill. Smith is a natural runner, much like Latrell, very graceful in full flight so while he couldn’t pace it with Xerri I reckon he’d be on par with Latrell in the open, top end speed wise.

Comment

Billy has it all!! Nathing to worry about guyz ! Hes in Latrell out Full Stop! 4 NRL games ,played halfback as a junior, in Rugby league with kicking goals n shet an played fullback/wing in Rugby union while kicking from the back for territory marks ! Now hes covered by Daniel an Boyd for a full season ! Im not worried after the smash tackle on sam burgess

Comment

Originally posted by Snapn1 View Post
                    Billy has it all!! Nathing to worry about guyz ! Hes in Latrell out Full Stop! 4 NRL games ,played halfback as a junior, in Rugby league with kicking goals n shet an played fullback/wing in Rugby union while kicking from the back for territory marks ! Now hes covered by Daniel an Boyd for a full season ! Im not worried after the smash tackle on sam burgess
                    He’s got better hair than Latrell

Comment

I can see it now

The Legend of Billy the Kid

It starts with the Kid that retired Sam Burgess and forced Latrell Mitchell to flee the club

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
                        ... Nobody from the rabble, for instance, would ever openly admit that they are envious of us, but I am sure privately many would be. It would be cutting them to the quick that we won back to back and are closing the so called shadow. Their best mechanism for dealing with this is going on the offensive and hating us by berating everything we do. I also know other supporters who have admitted to me how much they admire us, but they would never say so in front of their club's other supporters.

Anyway, it is all good. All of the above is the problem of others, not us.
                        Nice post MRR. I'm looking forward to R3 almost as much as Snapn1.

And another quality insightful post from Yak about Billy. I hope the lad can either handle expectation or be managed through those expectations.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post

Spot on - the best colours in world sport.
                          I love them to...but definitely bias.

For me if i was being honest the most Iconic colours woud be the All.Blacks jersey

Comment

There’s a couple of new articles out on the telegraph site regarding billy and our club but as usual need to be a subscriber to see it. If possible can anyone share the article on here for us to read??? Thanks

Comment

Fk it. I’m getting his name on the back of one of my jerseys.

SMITH
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

I love them to...but definitely bias.

For me if i was being honest the most Iconic colours woud be the All.Blacks jersey
                                Well, that is a different argument altogether. I think ours are the best colours but, to be fair, they are probably not the most iconic colours in world sport. This argument is fraught with danger! Examples probably include the red of Liverpool or Manchester United, the All Blacks (even though black is not a colour), the red and blue of Barcelona, etc. Quite a few possibilities here, I am sure, but one thing is for certain: the red and green should never be seen mob doesn't feature at all!
                                MRR or Rabid

Comment

Working...
                                X