Billy Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
    Billy Smith is going to be a great centre.
    He was great at St George as a 7.

Perhaps he and Cronk will be our future centre pairing in 2027 when Manu goes to play for the All Blacks...
    Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post
      Yes, good luck to the kid, yet another fine South Sydney junior to make first grade. Kenso are proud of him.
      Indeed. Opportunity has smiled on him and he's now at a club where he stands a better than 1 in 50 year chance to win a premiership.

Comment

He's no Terror of Taree that's for sure.

Comment

Sheesh Bansai, don't be too supportive of the young kid!

"He's no Latrell Mitchell". Well then he has something in common with every other centre in the NRL, and all centres bar Greg Inglis in the NRL era.

Billy Smith is a big, strong, fast 20 year old kid who will rip in and cherish the opportunity to wear the RWB jersey - so that's at least one crucial thing he has over Latrell.

So let's support the kid rather than writing him off before he's even laced up a boot in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
            He's no Terror of Taree that's for sure.
            Well spotted Einstein....

But he is no Owen Craigie/Jamal Idris v2. 0 which your hero could very well turn into...
            Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 01-13-2020, 01:58 PM.
            Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

I like him.

The club has a big opinion of him and that is enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I understand where you are coming from, but I think what's in Billys favour is he has plenty of development to come...physically and playing wise.

Even now he is 100kg over 6ft3, very strong and hard to tackle. Think he can gain some strings to his bow following a proper pre season this year.

Was impressed with how quickly he hit the ground running following serious injury last year.

P.s TDK...we won't be losing him.
                Yeah probably hard to really gauge after such a serious injury, especially an ACL in which he might not have complete confidence in putting on a step at speed. He is only young and he seems to have a great attitude. Fingers crossed for him.

Comment

No Latrell.

Comment

No Latrell.
                    I would find more cheer/positivity in a graveyard then listening to you. Are you ok?

Comment

Billy smith 4 games 4 trys!!!!! great start !! Actually a better record than Latrel and Latrel startted fullback!! My ppl Billy smith was the one that smashed Sam Burgess an Sammy got frustrated and pulled billys hair! He smashed Sammy ppl!!!
                      it is very clear to me that Robbo an what iv seen is that he is very much ready to blow every1 off the bloody park !
                      With our pack Billy will be at home try after try after try!!!UP THE CHOOKYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post

I would find more cheer/positivity in a graveyard then listening to you. Are you ok?
                        Not really.

This is day will come back to haunt us.

Comment

But I’m prepared to give Billy Mitchell a go.

Comment

Not really.

This is day will come back to haunt us.
                            Quite the opposite this will only strengthen our resolve (no Cronk, Mitchell, and to an extent Tets) however we are the premiers, the benchmark, the envy of the league, it’s a new chapter, but it will be us writing it.

Comment

But I’m prepared to give Billy Mitchell a go.
                              No court-martial for him.

Comment

Every year we lose player's and operate with only 5 junior clubs EVERY YEAR!!!! And then we BACK 2 BACK an game over !
                                Then we have 2 Front Rowers just missing out on getting GOLDEN BOOT,come 2nd an 3rd best players out of all players in the world !!! "FRONT ROW GOLDEN BOOT NOMINEE'S " !!!!
                                Come on we are going to smash every1 in 2020 BACK2BACK2BACK

Comment

Working...
                                X