Latrell Has Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latrell Has Left

Daily Telegraph has reported that Mitchell has signed with souffs on a two year deal

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/su...v21suffix=64-a
    EASTS TO WIN!

I think that means we can stop making threads about this matter
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
      Daily Telegraph has reported that Mitchell has signed with souffs on a two year deal

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/su...v21suffix=64-a
      Any chance of uploading the article , I don't have an account with the tele

Comment

BBITOHS Latrell Mitchell to sign two-year deal with South Sydney

Latrell Mitchell will be a South Sydney Rabbitoh on Monday following a dramatic 48-hours of back-and-forth negotiations with the Redfern club and Sydney Roosters. CONTRACT DETAILS.

James Phelps, The Daily Telegraph
        Subscriber only
        |
        January 12, 2020 5:57p
        The NRL’s most talked about deal will be done on Monday with Latrell Mitchell set to sign a two-year deal with South Sydney.

Having knocked back South Sydney’s first official offer on Friday, Mitchell agreed to become a Rabbitoh after receiving an upgraded deal worth an estimated $1.6 million.

Following a dramatic 48-hours of back-and-forth negotiations with Souths - Mitchell confirmed he was released by the Roosters with the club backing down on a threat to block the move.

Demanding a payment of $127,000 from bitter rivals South Sydney, the Roosters denied Mitchell’s first release request on Sunday morning and ordered the centre to report to Moore Park for Roosters training on Monday

Mitchell was also warned that he would “breach his contract” if he failed to show.

A series of calls from Mitchell’s management team convinced the Roosters to drop the compensation demand and release the point scoring whiz from the final year of his deal.

On Sunday night the 22-year-old was driving back from Taree, where he spent the weekend jetskiing, and is expected to report to Redfern to sign his South Sydney deal.

After being wined and dine by Russell Crowe on the actor’s Nana Glen estate, Mitchell knocked back the Rabbitohs first offer on Friday.

While certain that he wanted to play for Souths after meeting both Crowe and Wayne Bennett earlier in the week, Mitchell was unhappy with the first up offer, reported to be worth $1.4m over two-years.

Mitchell agreed to join the Rabbitohs on Saturday night when a new and improved offer was made.

The Daily Telegraph understands Mitchell will on Monday sign a one-year deal with another one-year option in the club’s favour.

The Australian Test centre will have to set off a series of performance-based triggers for the second year of the contract to be activated.

It is also understood that Mitchell has been given a verbal guarantee that he will play fullback.

After an extended three-month break, Mitchell will tomorrow begin his NRL pre-season when he joins the Rabbitohs full-time squad.

Having not taken part in a NRL club training session since before the NRL grand final – 99 days ago - Mitchell will be racing the clock to get fit for the Rabbitohs round one clash against the Sharks on March 14.

Souths are confident that Mitchell’s extended break will not affect his season start.

Mitchell prematurely announced his exit from the Roosters in an Instagram post last week.

“I want to thank the Sydney Roosters for everything they have done for me and my family” Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel right now but just wanted to let everyone know involved in my career through my stint here, I am so very grateful for you all.

“To the fans, thank you! It wouldn't be a game without you.

“Nothing has been made official as of yet. But my stay at the Roosters has come to an end. On to the next chapter where ever that may be.”

That chapter will officially be confirmed as South Sydney on Monday

Comment

Thanks for that Roc, will be interesting to see if our version of the release matches Latrell's management and theTelecraps version.

Comment

He has agreed to a deal with Souths that is the same amount we offered him. Also it only for 1 year with an option in Souths favour for a second year if he performs well in the first year. I’d say it also would rely on Souths being able to move a couple of players on in 2021.
            Its a bad deal. No security if he has a career ending injury. He will be at their mercy.
            Oh well, just goes to show he should have appreciated what he had with us and not been greedy.

Comment

DT:
              "A series of calls from Mitchell's management convinced the Roosters to drop the compensation demand and release the point scoring whiz from the final year of his deal"

Comment

DT:
                "Mitchell agreed to become a Rabbitoh after receiving an upgraded deal worth an estimated $1.6million.

The DT understands Mitchell will on Monday sign a one-year deal with another one-year option in the club's favour.

The Australian Test centre will have to set off a series of performance-based triggers for the second year of the contract to be activated."

Comment

DT:
                  "It is also understood that Mitchell has been given a verbal guarantee that he will play fullback."

Comment

The NRL’s most talked about deal will be done on Monday with Latrell Mitchell set to sign a two-year deal with South Sydney.

Having knocked back South Sydney’s first official offer on Friday, Mitchell agreed to become a Rabbitoh after receiving an upgraded deal worth an estimated $1.4 million.

Following a dramatic 48-hours of back-and-forth negotiations with Souths - Mitchell confirmed he was released by the Roosters with the club backing down on a threat to block the move.

Demanding a payment of $127,000 from bitter rivals South Sydney, the Roosters denied Mitchell’s first release request on Sunday morning and ordered the centre to report to Moore Park for Roosters training on Monday morning.
                    Mitchell was warned that he would “breach his contract” if he failed to show.

A series of calls from Mitchell’s management convinced the Roosters to drop the compensation demand and release the point-scoring whiz from the final year of his deal.

The 22-year-old was last night driving back from Taree, where he spent the weekend jet-skiing, and is expected to report to Redfern today to sign his South Sydney deal.

After being wined and dine by Russell Crowe on the actor’s Nana Glen estate, Mitchell knocked back the Rabbitohs first offer on Friday.
                    While certain that he wanted to play for Souths after meeting Crowe and Wayne Bennett earlier in the week, Mitchell was unhappy with the first offer.
                    Mitchell agreed to join the Rabbitohs on Saturday night when an improved offer was made.

The Roosters only issued the release after Mitchell agreed to pay an outstanding management fee of $44,000 to his former Steve Deacon.

The Daily Telegraph understands Mitchell will today sign a one-year deal with a one-year option in Souths’ favour.

The Australian Test centre will have to set off a series of performance-based triggers to activate the second year of the contract.

It is also understood that Mitchell has been given a verbal guarantee that he will play fullback.

After an extended three-month break, Mitchell will tomorrow begin his NRL pre-season when he joins the Rabbitohs’ full-time squad.
                    Having not taken part in a training session since before the NRL grand-final 99 days ago, Mitchell will be racing the clock to be fit for the Rabbitohs’ round-one clash against the Sharks on March 14.

Souths are confident that Mitchell’s extended break will not affect his start to the season.

Mitchell prematurely announced his exit from the Roosters in an Instagram post last week.

“I want to thank the Sydney Roosters for everything they have done for me and my family,” Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel right now but just wanted to let everyone know involved in my career through my stint here, I am so very grateful for you all.

“To the fans, thank you! It wouldn’t be a game without you.

“Nothing has been made official as of yet. But my stay at the Roosters has come to an end. On to the next chapter, wherever that may be.”

That chapter will officially be confirmed as South Sydney on Monday.

Comment

Lol@Latrell
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I'm happy it's all over, but.....sad...

Comment

He finally got almost what he wanted.
                          $800,000 a season.
                          'Indigenous club', play with the bros.
                          Play fullback.

He did star in our b2b premiership wins.

"Not all the players who are at the club this year will be at the club next year" -
                          Phil Gould at an end of season presentation night in our auditorium.

Such is life.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy Five View Post
                            Thanks for that Roc, will be interesting to see if our version of the release matches Latrell's management and theTelecraps version.
                            Ok I’m surprised you saw it cause it was ‘deleted’. Not by me but I see Team Evil pasted the story.

Comment

Very soft release by the club if that’s the case. Maybe they can top up Souths offer if they ask down the track too.

Comment

Working...
                              X