Announcement

Collapse

Browse Ad-Free in Season 2020!

Support TheChookpen with a Premium Subscription and browse the forum AD-FREE. Click this link to purchase a subscription for the 2020 season! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Surely it is time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely it is time

To get over this whole Lattrell bullshit, we have known for over a month he won’t be back, we were able to re sign SST and JWH because of his departure, it he goes to Souffs, stiff cheddar he will not play round 1 as he will be as fit as brother Shaq, he will barely be noticed on the field playing fullback and be blowing as hard as an Kings Cross hooker after 5 minutes in that position.

he done us well when he was here, the club made a sound choice to move on, as have his former team mates now we all should, this team and us supporters have a lot of good times to look forward to in the upcoming years, culture is everything in a team environment he did not buy in.

for those worried Souffs will be a threat now wake up, I disliked Bargarse but he had huge impact on whether the vermin won or lost games, Jai Arrow would not lace up Bargarses boot as a footballer, very over rated footballer that offers nothing in attack, they are led by 2 of the dumbest halves in football, a lazy unfit fullback, apart from Cook and Murray a pedestrian forward pack and plodders in the backline, if your fearful of that lot you seriously do have a problem.

im guessing no national anthem will be played at Souffs games either.

please move on people, focus your energy towards a three peat

cheers
    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
    To get over this whole Lattrell bullshit, we have known for over a month he won’t be back, we were able to re sign SST and JWH because of his departure, it he goes to Souffs, stiff cheddar he will not play round 1 as he will be as fit as brother Shaq, he will barely be noticed on the field playing fullback and be blowing as hard as an Kings Cross hooker after 5 minutes in that position.

he done us well when he was here, the club made a sound choice to move on, as have his former team mates now we all should, this team and us supporters have a lot of good times to look forward to in the upcoming years, culture is everything in a team environment he did not buy in.

for those worried Souffs will be a threat now wake up, I disliked Bargarse but he had huge impact on whether the vermin won or lost games, Jai Arrow would not lace up Bargarses boot as a footballer, very over rated footballer that offers nothing in attack, they are led by 2 of the dumbest halves in football, a lazy unfit fullback, apart from Cook and Murray a pedestrian forward pack and plodders in the backline, if your fearful of that lot you seriously do have a problem.

cheers
    Spot on!

Comment

cheers
      Are national anthems played at any club games?

Comment

yea, i agree, i was annoyed about it, now i just want to forget latrell and pray and hope whoever fills his spot , does an admirable job.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
          yea, i agree, i was annoyed about it, now i just want to forget latrell and pray and hope whoever fills his spot , does an admirable job.
          I’d do a swap with Alex Johnson, Morris to centre, give Smith one more season to develop, Morris will retire and Smith steps straight in

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Correct, Finals Souffs won’t be there so they have nothing to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I would have no problem with that.
              Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

Comment

cheers
                What give you the right to tell us how to react? The matter has not been concluded therefore it is still worth discussing. Besides, you are telling us to move on when you yourself had a sick, stalker-like obsession with our former halfback for over a decade. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

What give you the right to tell us how to react? The matter has not been concluded therefore it is still worth discussing. Besides, you are telling us to move on when you yourself had a sick, stalker-like obsession with our former halfback for over a decade. Pot. Kettle. Black.
                  You nailed it, whilst I celebrated , the majority on here mourned the loss of that tosser,how will we recover, no loyalty blah blah blah, we as a club responded with 2 straight premierships, limited if any off field dramas and a great club culture, initially I too was upset about Lattrell, now i don’t give a shit, he is going to a shit club, playing a position he will not succeed in, they are not a threat to us neither, in 3 years he will be retired from NRL slumming it in Taree, it was his choice to roll the dice with us, he lost we cut him loose.

We will win in the end

Comment

You weren't wrong. Cronk was brilliant and it was Mitchell who?

Comment

Look how long it took the pen to get past Mitch Pearce.
                      this could drag out for a decade

Comment

I too am focusing on the way forward. No player is bigger or matters more than our club. Onwards and upwards for the Roosters during season 2020!
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

cheers
                          I agree. In my opinion it is a loss for us in terms of playing strength in a few areas (centre, goal kicking) but it allowed us to retain strength across the rest of the squad. Mitchell has always struck me as being a bit on the outer in the team (aloof, ego driven). I am only a bit dirty that I suspect he was never going to stay and has never been up front. But the whole process is what happens in football under the present player movement rules. The stupid saga has in my opinion detracted from the magical achievement of going back to back. Any way it we didn't lose him we would have lost others that are probably more important to the team overall. The other big loss will be O'Brien, he did a great job in our attck and Tetevano who gave us menace and punch off the bench.

Its 2020, looking forward to how we measure up and good bye Mitchell.

Comment

cheers
                            They wont win the comp but they will make the top 4 IMO.
                            Sam is a ginormous out.
                            Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                            Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                              Look how long it took the pen to get past Mitch Pearce.
                              this could drag out for a decade
                              I still love Pearcy & I know The Thracian secretly does too.
                              Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                              Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
                              X