• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
    Would love him to go to Tiges , they deserve a break
    Why not Souths?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Why not Souths?
      Because Tiges have lost a lot of players over the last couple of years and by memory didn't he start there

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Because Tiges have lost a lot of players over the last couple of years and by memory didn't he start there
        Souths have lost a few too so have the Roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Souths have lost a few too so have the Roosters.
          but again didn't he start at Tiges , would like him back there because of that ,

Comment

He's a Souths junior.

Comment

Really , did not know that , still would like the bloke to go to Tiges

Comment

the major problem clubs like the tigers, warriors, titans , eels have is a ) they do not consistently play finals football , and players rarely improve in their tenures there. yes there are exceptions , but they all seem tarred with the same brush. easts, melbourne maybe souths can legit say were likely to play finals footy this year and we can improve you as a player so your rep prospects improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                  Posted this in another thread:

Franky Pritchard told me the other day that the dogs have pretty much got Ado-Carr over the line.
                  I bet theyre they’re paying overs too

Comment

Unlikely I think. Traditionally we have spent little money on wingers

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
                      Unlikely I think. Traditionally we have spent little money on wingers
                      Absolutely correct. When Blake Ferguson got the offer from Parra for 500k there was no way the Roosters would entertain paying a winger big bucks.....and Addo Carr will get big buck offers

Comment

The Storm will only swap a rep player of the same quality before they release JAC
                        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

IMO we're not getting the Fox or the Falcon. We're just gonna lose Latrell + have to make do with Hall, Smith and Ikuvau in the remaining positions.

Gal summed it up in a video back in Nov 2018 when he said something like 'I think it's good business how they revoked Latrell's offer... they were honest about what they can afford and they've got the best roster in the comp because they're not over-paying anybody'.

I reckon that our wingers/centres basically need to defend properly, which is an attitude thing. If they can do that, they'll get a heap of good ball off the back of our forwards + playmakers.
                          Last edited by ism22; 01-07-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I think Souths are trying to shift Gagai, as he is roughly on the same money as Latrell is. Virtual swap. The Titans need a forward and don’t want to let Arrow go early without replacement. And so on and on

Once the music stops and one player moves for 2020, everyone else will too and they will find a new chair to sit on.

Originally posted by From the SMH;
                            "Everyone is shouting from the rooftops and I don't quite understand why," Shane Richardson said. "At the end of the day, he is not my priority at the moment."

"We will worry about him once our priority is sorted out, and that's Jai Arrow."

The Titans are holding out on an early release for Arrow and are reportedly warming to the idea of a transfer fee and player swap in return. Richardson said it was a decision "for Gold Coast to make".
                            After being granted leave of absence from the Roosters when they returned to training on Monday morning, Mitchell was reportedly looking to take his chances on a one-year deal with South Sydney on around $400,000 for 2020.

The initial salary is a far cry from his initial asking price of $1 million a season, but the idea was to secure a longer-term contract at the end of the season if the Rabbitohs can move players on from Redfern.
                            Richardson said the club's major focus has now turned to securing Arrow as a much-needed replacement for Sam Burgess in 2020.

"Jai Arrow was exactly what we wanted recruitment wise," he said."I'm not worried about [Latrell] at the moment . . . once we know what is going on with [Arrow] then we will make a decision based on what money we've got left over and what we can and can't do."

The future of Mitchell at Redfern looks to be even more uncertain when looking at the Souths line-up for 2020.

While the signing of Arrow was said to be "critical" to the side's forward pack, Richardson said he is comfortable with his current backline.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson said in November he believed his centre was on the hunt for a club that would play him at fullback.

"We've got a plethora of backs, and they're not just backs, they're quality backs," Richardson said.

Since the Roosters withdrew a two-year contract extension for 2021 and 2022 at the end of October, Mitchell has been in talks with Wests Tigers, North Queensland, the Titans and the Rabbitohs over his future. Despite withdrawing their offer in November, the Tigers say they are still interested in securing Mitchell. And despite signing Valentine Holmes on a multi-million dollar six-year deal, the Cowboys also say they are still "in talks" with Mitchell.

"At the end of the day, he's got to be happy. And he's got to be playing football where he wants to play. Whether that's at Souths or at Wests or wherever it is, I don't know. But all I know is, I don't think it's unfair for him to take his time to make his mind up," Richardson said.

Richardson said the reality of the situation was "far bigger" than just "putting Latrell in a Souths jersey" and that he hadn't even met the Roosters centre yet.

"Once [the Arrow situation] is done, we will just sit down and take our time and think of what we need, so we don't waste the money and make sure we spend the money wisely."
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Souffs are being very arrogant in their pursuit of a release for Jai Arrow for 2020.

Why on earth would the Titans release their best player? For a little bit of cash (which surely should count under the cap) and a crummy player swap?

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Absolutely correct. When Blake Ferguson got the offer from Parra for 500k there was no way the Roosters would entertain paying a winger big bucks.....and Addo Carr will get big buck offers
                                I thought it had more to do with the length of the deal then the actual amount? We were only offering a 12 month extension and I think Parra might have offered 4 years

Comment

Working...
                                X