Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, somebody has to start the thread: Happy New Year to all Roosters fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, somebody has to start the thread: Happy New Year to all Roosters fans!

Well, fellow Roosters fans, what a great year it's been. The first team in a quarter of a century to win back to back. How lucky are we to support such a team! I for one will be eternally grateful.

The Chookpen has been clucking along nicely and I love that all of us are committed to the Roosters.

Here's to a great 2020!

Hear hear, may 2020 bring plenty of joy and wins

Comment

I thought we were due for a new Latrell thread actually
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I already gave out my season greetings in the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
          I already gave out my season greetings in the other thread.
          Fair enough, let's not go overboard.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
            Well, fellow Roosters fans, what a great year it's been. The first team in a quarter of a century to win back to back. How lucky are we to support such a team! I for one will be eternally grateful.

The Chookpen has been clucking along nicely and I love that all of us are committed to the Roosters.

Here's to a great 2020!
            Good man Zac, I hope you & all the other Roosters supporters have a happy New Year.
            Go the MIGHTY ROOSTERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Good man Zac, I hope you & all the other Roosters supporters have a happy New Year.
              Go the MIGHTY ROOSTERS.
              Go the Chookies!

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                I thought we were due for a new Latrell thread actually
                Happy new year to Latrell! Hope the contract situation's sorted out soon and he's hectic in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Happy new year to Latrell! Hope the contract situation's sorted out soon and he's hectic in 2020.
                  Yep, you got me. That should have been the thread's title.

Comment

Nice one Zac. I hope you had a merry Christmas, and I wish all Chookpen members, Roosters supporters, fans and all other Chooks tragics a happy, prosperous and safe New Year.

All the best to anyone impacted by these awful fires.

In supporting Easts, we have a lot to be thankful for.

Bring on 2020 (for the better) and go the Roosters!
                    MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                    is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                    with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                    much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

All the best Chookpen people for the New Year 2020. Lets hope it turns out to be the year of the Trifecta, Go you Chooks!!!

Comment

Is it the start of a new decade too? (This was being debated on radio today - IMO it's a new decade just like 1980, 1990...etc were the 80's and 90's... not my fault '2020's has less of a ring to it).

The decade started off pretty darn rubbish with some horrible personal circumstances. However, I re-married, had another kid, got my fitness back on track (down from just over 100kg to 75kg + off blood pressure meds), re-trained as a lawyer from the ground up, my career's on track (just got over a significant hump in my career) and we bought our first property together (followed by our second, with the first becoming a nice little investment pad).

If you told me all this was gonna happen back in ~2009 I'd have told you to get fukked and quit tormenting me with unrealistic BS. On top of being a loser in a dead-end job I'd been severely bashed, divorced, lost access to my kids through BS circumstances, become homeless, made multiple suicide attempts, lost my dad, lost my gran, put on ~20kg and the only thing the Chookies won was the fukking wooden spoon.

I see a lot of growth in the new decade! A lot happened for me in 10 years. I dunno what's gonna happen over the next 10 (happy to just cruise it out and be steady) but I have a feeling 2020 will be the start of some pretty frigging awesome stuff!

Comment

happy new years all from a kiwi rooster in bali, my wish for 2020 is a 3peat that was actually my xmas wish ....i just hope all this hoopla around latrell is sorted soon and we can get a sense of direction. everyone be safe tonight , thoughts with bushfire victims. and the kiwi cricket team.

Comment

Happy New Year to you all! Life without the chookpen will be very dull!

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                              Is it the start of a new decade too? (This was being debated on radio today - IMO it's a new decade just like 1980, 1990...etc were the 80's and 90's... not my fault '2020's has less of a ring to it).

The decade started off pretty darn rubbish with some horrible personal circumstances. However, I re-married, had another kid, got my fitness back on track (down from just over 100kg to 75kg + off blood pressure meds), re-trained as a lawyer from the ground up, my career's on track (just got over a significant hump in my career) and we bought our first property together (followed by our second, with the first becoming a nice little investment pad).

If you told me all this was gonna happen back in ~2009 I'd have told you to get fukked and quit tormenting me with unrealistic BS. On top of being a loser in a dead-end job I'd been severely bashed, divorced, lost access to my kids through BS circumstances, become homeless, made multiple suicide attempts, lost my dad, lost my gran, put on ~20kg and the only thing the Chookies won was the fukking wooden spoon.

I see a lot of growth in the new decade! A lot happened for me in 10 years. I dunno what's gonna happen over the next 10 (happy to just cruise it out and be steady) but I have a feeling 2020 will be the start of some pretty frigging awesome stuff!
                              Wow.....freaking wow.....thats magnificent!! What a journey.....You are a true CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X