X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Bahahahahahahahahahaha, fantasy stuff.
    Why would he want to leave Souths?
    He is their future captain & is a Souths man through & through.
    Not everyone wants to play for the Roosters mate.
    Well he said he didn’t want to be captain at this stage. Sure it could be a sign that he’s not ready for that which is a mature thing to say for such a young man or it could be a sign that he isn’t quite sure of where his head will be in a few years time and doesn’t want to commit to anything just yet. You don’t know that and neither do I. But when he sees Angus and Victor celebrating premierships and his team fail time and time again, who knows maybe he’ll see that the grass is RWB across Anzac Pde. Only he will know that.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Well he said he didn’t want to be captain at this stage. Sure it could be a sign that he’s not ready for that which is a mature thing to say for such a young man or it could be a sign that he isn’t quite sure of where his head will be in a few years time and doesn’t want to commit to anything just yet. You don’t know that and neither do I. But when he sees Angus and Victor celebrating premierships and his team fail time and time again, who knows maybe he’ll see that the grass is RWB across Anzac Pde. Only he will know that.
      Yep, okay.
      Originally posted by Chook;n805564
      Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Mickie, the Cam Murray thing comes back to an earlier point I made about a rumour concerning us possibly sniffing around the traps for him. I heard about this last week. Obviously, I cannot substantiate anything, but it is interesting to hear nonetheless (especially when the rumblings came from an ardent Souths supporter).
        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Poor bastard his career will be over in a couple of years
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

Tell that to the media- every decent player coming off contract is linked to the Roosters......and i reckon we get 1 in every 20 at best.

Frizell, Lodge, TPJ, Haas....all strongly linked recently at some stage.

Latrell offer pulled, JWH and SST upgraded- salary cap book full- how the fark were we ever going to get David Fifita?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Worthless View Post

Sam B pre rugby union was a great player, no debate, especially the year Souths won the premiership.

HOWEVER

Sam B in his second stint was shit. Yes, I said it , total shit.

As recently as April/May 2019 Sam was frequently called by the media as the best forward in the game. And every time I heard it I was choking on my cornflakes.

Sam B makes JWH look like a Cooper Cronk angel.

For every one good thing Sam did there were 3 negatives, from ”loose” tackles to dodgy play the balls to hanging all over the player. Think of every recent game of Roosters v Souths and he was a massive negative if you subtract errors and penalties from metres gained.

The hype around Sam B is a massive sore point for me.
              Remember Adrian Morley?
              Hard to play against but fantastic to play with.
              Its how the poms play league. Full on. Deadset loons
              Once you’ve had fat, you’ll never turn back

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

Remember Adrian Morley?
                Hard to play against but fantastic to play with.
                Its how the poms play league. Full on. Deadset loons
                ah Morley fond memories , that's one tough pommy

Comment

Bahahahahahahahahahaha, fantasy stuff.
                  Why would he want to leave Souths?
                  He is their future captain & is a Souths man through & through.
                  Never said he did want to play for us, or that the roosters were trying to get him. In fact, I said at the end: "Even then, I really doubt the rabbidohs lose him," because I myself don't believe all of the talk of Murray to the Roosters.

Comment

Yes i agree with some of the posts here about Sam Burgess' second stint in the NRL not being as good as his first. He was a weapon with and without the ball pre Union- next to unstoppable close to the line. When he came back he started to get a case of the dropsys from his brothers and i think a fair bit of rubbish came into his game because of frustration.

Anyhow one thing for certain- he was one of the best Poms to ever play in the NRL- in the same bracket as Hanley, Morley, Gareth Ellis and probably even Malcolm Reilly,

i dont know where all this bs is coming from re Cam Murray. If we now got no money for Latrell how we going to have it for Murray?Not that he would leave Souths and nor he should. Dont get me wrong id love to have him before any of those Broncos robots forwards- but he is to Souths what Radley is to the Roosters

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

“Titans can rise to greatness”. More chance of you gang banging a bunch of Victoria Secrets girls.

And how typical of you to point out we were once a basket case.

I’m guessing you are a 40ish year old bloke who’s never had a root you haven’t had to pay for and you still live with your Mum and nowhere near Bondi.
                      Guess again.
                      Ah yes:
                      "an old man 40ish".
                      Exactly why there is ageism today in our society.
                      Roosters were a failure, once upon a time.
                      The truth will set you free.
                      Then they did something about it, changed the way they were doing things...won back to back in 74/75.
                      Then later a board 'coup', for want of a better word.
                      Post SuperLeague war...2000...went
                      "professional", Richard Fisk arrived.
                      New 'Sydney Roosters' emblem was born, Rooster's comb in shape of Opera House sails, ...Chookpen was born (fans visible on tv eastern side opposite tv cameras in western stand Allianz), "Rooster Man" song was born...professional Marketing Dept established.
                      Titans can rise to greatness, any club can, in reality....if they get the formula right and persevere.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Guess again.
                        Ah yes:
                        "an old man 40ish".
                        Then they did something about it, changed the way they were doing things...won back to back in 74/75.
                        New 'Sydney Roosters' emblem was born, Rooster's comb in shape of Opera House sails, ...Chookpen was born (fans visible on tv eastern side opposite tv cameras in western stand Allianz), "Rooster Man" song was born...professional Marketing Dept established.
                        Titans can rise to greatness, any club can, in reality....if they get the formula right and persevere.
                        Finally I find something you write I can wholeheartedly agree with . I knew you had something enlightening in you that will eventually come out.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Guess again.
                          Ah yes:
                          "an old man 40ish".
                          Not a bad response Bondi Boy. Not bad.

Comment

I thought I watched a lot of rugby league. So when did I miss Jai Arrow becoming a superstar???

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                              Suddenly everyone on the forum is finally admitting that Sam B was a great player
                              Burgess was and still is an incompetent oaf

He threw that 2018 semi against us

He got owned by the Vikings in the 2019 semi
                              "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

I think/believe Souths will get him for this season. Souths know they need him to get into the top 4 to give themselves a chance of winning it. I would love to see a Roosters v Souths GF. I believe the Roosters would win. How good would it be to do the 3peat at the SCG playing Souths with Latrell .
                                Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                                Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
                                X