Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

What and who do you mean??
    He means he is still very bitter that his poster boy Pearce chose to leave the club, he still thinks Pearcey baby was sacked by Easts and did not leave on his, Rooster 6 would gladly hand back the last 2 premierships we would not have won just too have him back
    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

You'd want to be a fly on the wall when Jake is discussing his future with us. I can't imagine him in another jersey, but if we're only offering him a one year extension with no guarantees beyond that he could reasonably think that he might be losing out on a bigger pay day with greater security somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
        You'd want to be a fly on the wall when Jake is discussing his future with us. I can't imagine him in another jersey, but if we're only offering him a one year extension with no guarantees beyond that he could reasonably think that he might be losing out on a bigger pay day with greater security somewhere else.
        Jake has invested wisely over the years and owns his own business in Randwick. His future is secured. His football career won’t last forever but he’s got a plan in place for after footy. Due to his business commitments I couldn’t see him taking an offer out of Sydney. If he secured 1 more year that would see him through to 2021. That might be all he wants and needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
          Letting Friend, JWH and Aubo play out their careers in the RWB
          I am sure Jared and Aubbo will, Friend has some very stiff competition on his hands in Verrills as Verrills has the far superior passing game to Jake and isn't that far behind defensively (Look up his tackle counts in the games he played he topped them a number of times).

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

He means he is still very bitter that his poster boy Pearce chose to leave the club
            Who????

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Who????
              You know................the origin flop
              The flat track bully
              The dog lover

I forget his real name?

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

Jake has invested wisely over the years and owns his own business in Randwick. His future is secured. His football career won’t last forever but he’s got a plan in place for after footy. Due to his business commitments I couldn’t see him taking an offer out of Sydney. If he secured 1 more year that would see him through to 2021. That might be all he wants and needs.
                How do you know he has invested wisely?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

He owns a cafe in Randwick and it’s in a prime spot. It’s always busy.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

You know................the origin flop
                    The flat track bully
                    The dog lover

I forget his real name?
                    How long we going back? Before Cooper Cronk there was the legendary Kevin Hastings. Cant recall anyone in between

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

lol. Love it.
                      If it’s on the Chookpen it must be true.

Comment

The problem with Jake is he falls under a spine position, where there is only one available spot. The challenger might be willing to play out of position for a while.

Bit like what Latrell is facing.
                        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

I am sure Jared and Aubbo will, Friend has some very stiff competition on his hands in Verrills as Verrills has the far superior passing game to Jake and isn't that far behind defensively (Look up his tackle counts in the games he played he topped them a number of times).
                          He also misses more tackles then Jake and doesn't have any kicking game. People are quick to want to get rid of the old for the shiny new toy

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

He also misses more tackles then Jake and doesn't have any kicking game. People are quick to want to get rid of the old for the shiny new toy
                            Considering where both players are on their NRL career I would say Verrills is leaps and bounds ahead considering he's only just starting and Jake well has probably one decent contract left. I am in no hurry to get rid of Jake but if it means losing Verrills to keep Jake then it's no contest the club must look to the future.On those playing issues that you pointed out that Verrills has he wont have in the near future as he will be taught.how to kick and with more experience his defence will toughen up remember his age here he's only 20 years old.

Comment

There is always the possibility that Make plays smoother 3/4/5 years?? Not old for a hooker if his body is right? Then Verrils goes and they develop the next ... can’t keep them all!

Comment

Verrills long slick passing from dummy half on both sides is something you cant teach a player but he is still only 20 years old with a dozen first grade games under his belt. Having Jake around for another 2-3 years will only help his game.

Im not sure if Jake would be as effective playing 80 minutes anyway.......Verrills could easily play a role like Daniel Mortimer did in 2013.

Keep them both bloody hell!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X