Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Robbo speaks about the Roosters pulling the contract offer to Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbo speaks about the Roosters pulling the contract offer to Latrell

Robbo spoke on SEN Breakfast this morning on the Latrell situation for those interested.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=468422

Haven't listened to it yet, because I'm around other people, but from reading summaries sounds like Robbo, as usual, is all over it, going about things in his normal steady way.

Comment

Trent mentioned Latrell's desire playing fullback. I think 2019 there was something not right with Latrell's attitude to the season hot and cold. Has it got anything to do with James Tedesco getting most of the glory? Your thought's

Comment

Thanks Fletch. Robbo just confirms that Mitchell pretty much wants to play fb...he better hook into the pre season if that is his desire

Comment

Originally posted by roosters75 View Post
          Trent mentioned Latrell's desire playing fullback. I think 2019 there was something not right with Latrell's attitude to the season hot and cold. Has it got anything to do with James Tedesco getting most of the glory? Your thought's
          Very likely but the interview killed all the rumours and innuendos and made it clear as to why we pulled the offer and why Mitchell is exploring his options, and laid to rest any thoughts of bad blood between club and player.

Comment

So its just business?
            If we had to move on with future planning and withdraw the offer, so be it. That would indicate that we expect Mitchell to honor his current contract before exploring his fullback fantasy.
            We need a centre and goalkicker for 2021.

Comment

How about hand latrell the 6 jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                No no no, prefer keary at 6 and let flannigan , Lam & Co fight for the 7 jumper

Comment

I preferred Joey Manu as a backup Fullback , and so did Trent, he had a couple of decent games there when needed.
                  Latrell jogging around at fullback at Fullback is a luxury that most teams cant afford.
                  He will win the odd game from there , but that racing around behind the line organising things is not his style , maybe he will prove me wrong.

We are going to miss Cronk more next year , he covered a lot of defensive stuff ups.

Comment

Talking to people that had a bit to do with him in the lower grades, FB was his position. But while I believe its fine in those games (Sg Ball, 20s ) when you get to first grade he isn't a FB. Ingli$ proved just because you want to play there doesn't mean you are any good at it. Both Ingli$ and Latrell are first grade centres. not fullbacks and not 5/8s
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                      Ah, no. You don't weaken a team just to suit an individual. He drifts in and out of games way too much to succeed at 5/8, or at fullback for that matter. But that's just my opinion.
                      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

The interview is about the way coaching has changed and spends less than a minute on Latrell and that minute doesn't really cast any new light on the situation.

Comment

Sadly this is what happens when you have unintelligent people whispering in your ear about how good you are.
                          Latrell you are not that good and you will never make it as a fullback.
                          Latrell keeps getting told he is the best while he puts in minimal effort.

When comparing fullbacks and Tedesco who has his own whisperer in Joe Whebe. Tedesco and RTS are both humble guys who want to learn and work hard to be the best. They cover an enormous amount of ground in defence for that 1 out of 30 times when a player might break the line or to cover a kick and are always backing up the middle.
                          Ponga, Hayne, Duggan, Moylan can't do any of that and certainly no way known Latrell will be able to do that.

Comment

He only wants to play FB for the extra coin... it is no coincidence that he was going just fine until the media started throwing around “1 million dollar player” after the tigers game... he doesn’t give a shit where he plays as long as he gets his mill.
                            My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                            My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Latrell was on 7 sport tonight up in Townsville. He looked like he had put on a bit of weight. Actually a lot of weight. Just like GI did in his last off season. I can’t see him going up there even though he would be under Paul Green who he knows well from Greens time at the Roosters. It’s a very long way from Taree.
                              I think he will go to the Tigers. I think he will probably struggle there under Madge but good luck to him. It’s just a shame that he’s been reading his own press and it’s gone to his head. He isn’t a fullback, he’s a centre and a very good one. But to get the big money he has to play fullback. Like I said I think he will struggle and down the track regret the decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X