Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Latrell leaves don't worry it's all good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
    Latrell's better than all of them.
    On his day, probably. But based on what all those listed have shown consistently, Latrell would have to rank last out of the lot
    #InRobboWeTrust

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
      Getting rid of Maloney in favour of slug Hasting was a monumental screw up that cost us a season. It was pure luck that Keary had a falling out with Souths. Don't sugar coat it.

In the case of Latrell. I refer back to my comments from earlier this year. Keary and Teddy are the only players that absolutely must be available for us to win the premiership. Last year we beat Souths in prelim final without Latrell. We beat the Storm in gf effectively without Cronk. This year we beat Storm without JWH.
      "Pure luck" when you look at it as he was already an established superstar, but he went to that next level because of his development here at the Roosters. At the time people were considering him a poor mans Maloney. If Keary had stayed at Souths he'd probably be what Cody Walker is, flashes of brilliance but ultimately crumbles under pressure. I'm sure if he had stayed we would've gotten someone of similar calibre and developed them into a superstar
      #InRobboWeTrust

Comment

You can't create supreme talent out of nothing.

Keary is the best half or 5/8 in the comp. Yes he's developed his game amazingly well under the tutelage of Robbo & Cronk, but the key ingredient is his natural talent to begin with - which no amount of coaching can conjure from thin air.

So I don't agree that we would've developed someone else of a similar calibre simply because there is no one else of Keary's calibre.

Actually wasn't Lachlan Coote our original choice before he re-signed with the Cowboys and Keary became available? That is indeed amazing luck.

Imagine Coote at 5/8 instead of Keary the past few years. No amount of development could have saved us. Instead of b2b Premierships we'd likely have won neither.

Comment

We were planning to sign Coote for 5/8 in 2016 but he decided to stay at the Cows.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
            We were planning to sign Coote for 5/8 in 2016 but he decided to stay at the Cows.

2 premierships later..Is that the biggest sliding doors moment in the Roosters/NRL history?

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
              Mitchell Moses signed a 4 year deal in Feb 2017 at the Roosters only to have his mind changed by his manager-( i think its his uncle) a few days later...and wasn't Nick pissed off about it. That was lucky too- Craig Fitzgibbon is the best defensive coach in the NRL but even he would have struggled with Moses

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                You can't create supreme talent out of nothing.

Keary is the best half or 5/8 in the comp. Yes he's developed his game amazingly well under the tutelage of Robbo & Cronk, but the key ingredient is his natural talent to begin with - which no amount of coaching can conjure from thin air.

So I don't agree that we would've developed someone else of a similar calibre simply because there is no one else of Keary's calibre.

Actually wasn't Lachlan Coote our original choice before he re-signed with the Cowboys and Keary became available? That is indeed amazing luck.

Imagine Coote at 5/8 instead of Keary the past few years. No amount of development could have saved us. Instead of b2b Premierships we'd likely have won neither.
                Exactly. One of Keary's schoolmates told me there was no such thing as a friendly game of footy with Keary. There has always been a competitive instinct that pushes him to the next level. It is a similar story with all the great players.
                Last edited by dice; 11-15-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2013PREMIERS View Post

"Pure luck" when you look at it as he was already an established superstar, but he went to that next level because of his development here at the Roosters. At the time people were considering him a poor mans Maloney. If Keary had stayed at Souths he'd probably be what Cody Walker is, flashes of brilliance but ultimately crumbles under pressure. I'm sure if he had stayed we would've gotten someone of similar calibre and developed them into a superstar

Who thought Keary was a poor man's Maloney? Maybe the kind of fan that likes to credit the coach for individual player ability? Not me...

Maloney a decent 5/8th but way too much smoke being blown up his butt. Just waiting for someone to compare him to Freddy.

You will all forget about Maloney when you eventually realise Keary is better than him.

Comment

Who thought Keary was a poor man's Maloney? Maybe the kind of fan that likes to credit the coach for individual player ability? Not me...

I did.

Comment

I never thought Keary was a poor man's Maloney. I thought he was a rich man's Hastings/Nikorima/Matterson/whoever played 5/8 in 2016!
                      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                        If Latrell leaves it's all bad, in my mind.

Our lethal left side will be no more.
                        Our leading point scorer in the NRL will be gone.

It must not be allowed to happen.
                        We were all pissed when Jennings left too, but....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                          One of the greatest footballers I've ever seen in person or on film was Andrew Walker. He could do things that very few people could do on the Football field. His demons nearly destroyed him, I hope they don't destroy Latrell.
                          Indeed an absolute freak of a player.
                          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post

2 premierships later..Is that the biggest sliding doors moment in the Roosters/NRL history?
                            An "honorary mention" to Pearce as well. The Cronk Pearce swap proved genius. Him kissing the Knights emblem in that game, made the end result of back-to-back even sweeter, while the Knights season after that game went down the toilet. The grass is not always greener....

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

We were all pissed when Jennings left too, but....
                              Jennings was nearing his used by date though. This feels understandably worse considering how much potential Mitchell could have, what the roosters have done for him and vice versa, and the way Mitchell has gone about leaving us
                              EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

To think that the Roosters are going to replace Latrell with a player as good or better is fantasy stuff.
                                He is a once in a life time player because there has been no one before him who the Roosters have produced that has achieved what he has in 4 years of FG. Its just a shame that he wants to play FB & that the Roosters have Teddy.
                                Im of the belief Latrell will excel at FB at another club & continue to be one of the superstars of the game. I dont think there is any disharmony between Latrell & the club, I dont think the extra 200k is the reason he is leaving, I think Latrell just wants to play FB because he & his family think he would be an even better player playing there. His destiny has always been playing NRL because his whole upbringing has been about RL which he has always excelled at. His family have seen him play every game & 90% of it has been at FB, its the position that got him to FG, so for all of his achievements playing centre the desire to play FB out ways that. I respect & admire his decision to pursuit his goal of being a better player at FB.

Comment

Working...
                                X