No announcement yet.

Will not be as easy for Latrell elsewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one knows how Latrell will go somewhere else. He's a pretty good player and could cream it. If I were the Tigers I'd throw the dice and do whatever it takes to bring him over. Finishing ninth every year isn't good enough.

That said, sure, leaving could be a big mistake. He's on a trajectory to be a great player if he stays with us.

Comment

Let's put ourselves in another club's position for a minute. They will not believe that they are unable to 'manage' Latrell as well as we can, so I think many of them would see this argument as a moot point. (I don't, by the way.) Whilst I still think he will go to Souths, the Tigers will be sitting there thinking that they have got a real chance given McGuire's record, including the fact that he won a premiership with the rabble and, as a result, was able to manage their players at the time. This, coupled with their preparedness to offer overs, means they would consider themselves in the box seat. They haven't been in the finals (for something like five) years, so that desperation would have to be creeping into their mindset, you would imagine.
      MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
      much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Does not show the consistancy required to be paid the massive $$$, I dont think he could handle the scrutiny that comes with that sort of money. Look at Hunt Ash Taylor Dugan! all gone into their shells.
        Last edited by SConcierge; 11-11-2019, 07:58 AM.
        " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
          People said similar things about GI when he left the Storm and yet the season he will most remembered for will be his one at fullback with South's. Sometimes big fish in a small pond stand out even more...

This thread reads like the jealous ex, sorry BigRooster.
          GI eventually broke down mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

GI eventually broke down mentally.
            I'm not sure you can attribute his mental health issues to a switch in clubs... That's a big leap.

Comment

I'm not sure you can attribute his mental health issues to a switch in clubs... That's a big leap.
              All I know is that Latrell will be under a lot more pressure at another club where he will be expected to win games single-handedly. Time will tell if he can handle it. I think he will struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by SConcierge View Post
                Does not show the consistancy required to be paid the massive $$$, I dont think he could handle the scrutiny that comes with that sort of money. Look at Hunt Ash Taylor Dugan! all gone into their shells.
                Good to hear ya voice again mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

All I know is that Latrell will be under a lot more pressure at another club where he will be expected to win games single-handedly. Time will tell if he can handle it. I think he will struggle.
                  I agree JT. Latrell is a player who doesn't handle pressure well, especially when the game is not going his way. His body language is obvious to everyone, and it's easy for the opposition to take advantage when Latrell is off his game for any reason. And he won't have the quality he currently has around him to cover and support him when he's off his game. Especially if he is playing FB, which I don't believe he is suited to - mentally or physically.
                  Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by SConcierge View Post
                    Good to have you back mate.

Comment

i beg to differ. Bellach didnt use gi as the key media personality/spokesperson for the melbouring storm. when he went to the rabble he was the pin up boy. he is indigenous he is with souffs (self appointed indigenous team of the nrl). that additional pressure as captain, injuries and kfc all contributed to his mental health. who knows if staying at melbouring he could still be playing.
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Good to hear ya voice again mate.
                        How are you mate

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Good to have you back mate.
                          Came for a stroll through , its been years! and three premierships since I have been here

Comment

I don’t think this is just about money. I think they’re covering it up pretty well. But it doesn’t seem right. We’ve got heaps of money to buy him but it looks to me like we’re sacking him but doing it in a dignified manner. The humiliation he’s having to go through still not having a club and being a superstar must be having an effect on his mental health and also that the club no longer wants him and is not even competing for him but letting him go so easily sends a very strong message to me that he’s offended someone deeply at the club maybe Nick. I think the press we’re seeing is indicative of Nick being involved and so it’s being made to all look lovey dovey.
                            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                              I don’t think this is just about money. I think they’re covering it up pretty well. But it doesn’t seem right. We’ve got heaps of money to buy him but it looks to me like we’re sacking him but doing it in a dignified manner. The humiliation he’s having to go through still not having a club and being a superstar must be having an effect on his mental health and also that the club no longer wants him and is not even competing for him but letting him go so easily sends a very strong message to me that he’s offended someone deeply at the club maybe Nick. I think the press we’re seeing is indicative of Nick being involved and so it’s being made to all look lovey dovey.
                              Me either. I think if they said you can play FB he would stay. The guy wants to play FB where he played alot in his teens & was very good at it.
                              There have been plenty before him that want to play FB but have to move clubs to get a go.

Comment

I think he is a fantastic buy for any club and will help that team improve, I wish he stayed and $800,000 per season is decent pay.
                                The tigers are mad offering a million, they are the only ones in the race now so offer $800,000 and let him think gee I could have earnt this and won more premierships.

Comment

Working...
                                X