Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Will not be as easy for Latrell elsewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will not be as easy for Latrell elsewhere

Robbo and Roosters management really looked after Latrell in so many ways. If his headspace was suffering, Robbo would send him home to get himself together. Can you imagine a club paying him a million plus doing that! Don’t think so....they would want him there every minute....special player but comes with conditions that needs understanding people around him....could get ugly
    Last edited by Bigrooster; 11-10-2019, 07:13 PM.

I don't think Latrell or more importantly his circle who are in constantly in his ear, even are thinking about that. They just want to see $1m on the dotted line !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
      I don't think Latrell or more importantly his circle who are in constantly in his ear, even are thinking about that. They just want to see $1m on the dotted line !
      This seems to be pretty much the case. It's all about the money. It's a shame $800k wasn't enough, but I'm glad the club isnt budging now.

Comment

I reckon if we offered him $999,999 per season, he would knock it back. He wants to be a million dollar player. Only wants to see that magic $1,000,000 figure on the bottom line

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrooster View Post
          Robbo and Roosters management really looked after Latrell in so many ways. If his headspace was suffering, Robbie would send him home to get himself together. Can you imagine a club paying him a million plus doing that! Don’t think so....they would want him there every minute....special player but comes with conditions that needs understanding people around him....could get ugly
          Spot on. He will never reach his potential at another club. Tigers? He will be playing at 120kg and then want to do a Matterson at the end of next year!

Comment

Everyone remember that... Roger Tuivasa-Sheck guy? Left the Roosters, isn't the same player. Still talented, but not the same player.

Comment

People said similar things about GI when he left the Storm and yet the season he will most remembered for will be his one at fullback with South's. Sometimes big fish in a small pond stand out even more...

This thread reads like the jealous ex, sorry BigRooster.

Comment

I hope he succeeds wherever he goes. He’s a great talent and would be a shame to see it go to waste.

There’s no doubt though that being the star signing on a million bucks at another club would be very different for him. Would be expected to set an example in that situation so would need to change his ways from what we’ve seen this year. Doesn’t mean he can’t do it. It’s easy to forget how young he is. Maybe he could grow into that kind of role.

Anyway I’m not yet convinced that other clubs actually want to pay him what he wants. We’ll see over the next few weeks I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  I reckon if we offered him $999,999 per season, he would knock it back. He wants to be a million dollar player. Only wants to see that magic $1,000,000 figure on the bottom line
                  Only magic million is a thoroughbred horse auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    People said similar things about GI when he left the Storm and yet the season he will most remembered for will be his one at fullback with South's. Sometimes big fish in a small pond stand out even more...

This thread reads like the jealous ex, sorry BigRooster.
                    The problem I see In Latrell going elsewhere is from what I have seen to date of how he is when he doesn’t have Luke Keary beside him. I think he had 1 great SOO game in 2018 without Luke. In the test that year Luke gets injured early and Latrell has a decent game but Manu too the spoils. This year Latrell was going great and then Luke is injured for 8-10 weeks and Latrell is hardly seen again. The odds are against him in the short term (ie at least a season) for him to have any impact in another team and as a marquee player, he will be coping it from the media and fans from every angle and that will most likely derail him even more.

I listened to Papworth and Hughes on 2SM last Friday and they said that Latrell drifts in and out of a game or has had to deal with personal issues and the Roosters are able to accommodate him because we have players that can cover for him but that would never happen elsewhere or would be difficult for a club to cover.

I think all Roosters fans want him to stay here but if all of this is a ploy to go across Anzac Pde then they would be filthy and I think many of us feel that it has been done for that. Perhaps if he wants to play for Souths, the best thing he should have done is be honest and announced it first before all this contract issues appeared then our fans would have accepted it in a better way.
                    Last edited by ROC181; 11-10-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

The problem I see In Latrell going elsewhere is from what I have seen to date of how he is when he doesn’t have Luke Keary beside him. I think he had 1 great SOO game in 2018 without Luke. In the test that year Luke gets injured early and Latrell has a decent game but Manu too the spoils. This year Latrell was going great and then Luke is injured for 8-10 weeks and Latrell is hardly seen again. The odds are against him in the short term (ie at least a season) for him to have any impact in another team and as a marquee player, he will be coping it from the media and fans from every angle and that will most likely derail him even more.

I listened to Papworth and Hughes on 2SM last Friday and they said that Latrell drifts in and out of a game or has had to deal with personal issues and the Roosters are able to accommodate him because we have players that can cover for him but that would never happen elsewhere or would be difficult for a club to cover.

I think all Roosters fans want him to stay here but if all of this is a ploy to go across Anzac Pde then they would be filthy and I think many of us feel that it has been done for that. Perhaps if he wants to play for Souths, the best thing he should have done is be honest and announced it first before all this contract issues appeared then our fans would have accepted it in a better way.
                      All speculative. What if he go's to the Tigers?
                      I honestly dont think he will go to Souths even though (wait for this) I think he should if he is to leave the Roosters because I think he would go better at Souths rather than take the 1.3 at the Tigers & be a 1 man show. As much as I would like to see him at the Tigers if it doesnt work out with the Chooks I think his career could struggle at a 9th 10th place team. I could be wrong & he could turn a mediocre club into a Premiership club.
                      I just hope the Roosters can work something out with him & keep him. Surely at 800k they could of found another 150 through a TPA?
                      Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                      Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Of course he’s going to Souths.

He won’t be the only star they have, and they’ll be able to look after him should he freak out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          Everyone remember that... Roger Tuivasa-Sheck guy? Left the Roosters, isn't the same player. Still talented, but not the same player.
                          I think Roger is playing every bit as good as he was with us, he is just in a shit team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

All speculative. What if he go's to the Tigers?
                            I honestly dont think he will go to Souths even though (wait for this) I think he should if he is to leave the Roosters because I think he would go better at Souths rather than take the 1.3 at the Tigers & be a 1 man show. As much as I would like to see him at the Tigers if it doesnt work out with the Chooks I think his career could struggle at a 9th 10th place team. I could be wrong & he could turn a mediocre club into a Premiership club.
                            I just hope the Roosters can work something out with him & keep him. Surely at 800k they could of found another 150 through a TPA?
                            he is as good as gone with the bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              Probably not at happy as he was but his bank account is larger and he does possess a Daly M medal.

Comment

Working...
                              X