Golden boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden boot

Considering Tedesco was ripped off last year because the criteria said to assess on international matches only, I think our own SST should be a deserved winner of the golden boot this year.

It’s a silly award really. Means little.

Comment

the golden boot is a farce now, since it is awarded to the best international, not the best player of the year like it used to be. I don't know why they needed to change it. That said, i hope SST wins it this year
      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Love Tauks and watching him play for Tonga he thoroughly deserves it. Hope we re-sign him soon.

Comment

Some teams play two tests a year. How is that enough to judge the best in the world??

Also, Tauks has been peerless in tests this year. He deserves this 100%

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
            the golden boot is a farce now, since it is awarded to the best international, not the best player of the year like it used to be. I don't know why they needed to change it. That said, i hope SST wins it this year
            Yeah, If they'd had these criteria in 1985 Olsen Filipaina would have won the Golden Boot - at a time he was playing reserves for us.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
              Considering Tedesco was ripped off last year because the criteria said to assess on international matches only, I think our own SST should be a deserved winner of the golden boot this year.
              Toops maybe, on the basis that (like last year) Australia only played 2 internationals and won one, lost the other? Whereas Tonga's killed it and Toops has been a gun international winger.

He won an NRL premiership too. Has already killed it compared with what's his name from last year.

Comment

Of course I would be pleased if either SST or Toups won it, but Teddy would have to be the obvious front runner, wouldn't he?
                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Just to clarify my earlier point, I didn't realise that that was the explicit criteria (I don't recall hearing that last year, but anyway, so be it). If that is the case, then SST would have to be a great chance.
                  MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                  is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                  with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                  much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

should give Latrell the Golden boot to the ass award
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

The bloke who won it last year must be a chance of back to back Golden Boot awards. I mean he was a huge name in League before he won the Golden Boot but now he's just in another stratosphere thats why all the NRL clubs want him. Maybe he could replace Latrell.

Comment

Jwh.

Comment

SST's value will skyrocket after he wins this. I hope we get his sig soon on a 4-5 yr extension.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Yeah, If they'd had these criteria in 1985 Olsen Filipaina would have won the Golden Boot - at a time he was playing reserves for us.
                            Olsen Filipina was an absolute beast for NZ . I thought he was reserves for Balmain but could be /probably wrong was playing for us .? I remember him breaking at least 6 tackles playing against the Kangaroos in a set. . Absolutely Unstoppable a reserve grader who went ballistic in the black jumper . TKO for me for the golden boot !

Comment

FWIW why did we only play 2 internationals when other teams are having 5 or 6 games?

Comment

Working...
                              X