Transfer Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Targets

So in the upcoming seasons - 2020/2021 i feel our team will be rejuvenated with a couple of new faces. So, i beg the question who are serious targets we should try to get? What positions should we look into to reinforce?

It's hard to say really because of how quick things can change in the blink of an eye with sudden player movements.
    As things stand, I would be keeping my eye out for a Prop, Centre and Winger.
    Tedesco has fullback covered and Toups is a legend and should be good for a couple of more seasons. However it looks like Hall is injured again and age isn't on his side. I don't know why, but I would love to see one of these big and strong Pacific Island type wingers similar to a Radradra or Sivo. They are real edge of the seat type players.

As for the centres, well Manu is locked up for a few seasons and who knows about the other spot. I really like Jack Wighton and think he has a good attitude for his football. Tough in defence in the Roosters mould and can only improve in attack. The only thing with him is the cost as well. He is on 750k and wants more. So why would we pay roughly the same as Latrell and he can't kick goals to the best of my knowledge. On the flip side, he can play centre or in the halves and we don't know how Flannagan is going to go.

Keary seems happy enough at the Chooks. Radley is a 'lock' at lock. Crichton could become a real favourite and strong leader in the years to come. Cords...I don't know because one or two more injuries could finish him. It wouldn't surprise me if we had enquired about the Turbo brothers before they resigned for manly because that could have filled a few holes nicely.

Young Sam looks a natural and could be our hooker for many years to come once Jake is finished. As for the props...I think we need to do something here because SST can be a bit injury prone and JWH is going to go around forever. I love Liu and we never lose much with him coming on.

Taking all that into account, we should still be able to challenge for a top 4 spot for a good few years to come and also be able to bolster the squad should Latrell leave and with what we were paying Cooper.
    They don't necessarily need to be superstars. We have proven we can target good solid pros like Morris who still have the desire and work ethic to succeed. It's not all doom and gloom as a few seem to think should we lose a couple. I reckon most other clubs would love to be in our position.

Comment

I'd go for Latrell Mitchell. He's a matchwinner and he's off contract at the end of this year and we should be able to get him for 800k and, to sweeten the deal, we'd have him for less than that for this year.

Comment

If Lats goes we will need a centre. With Morris and Hall both injury prone and Billy very young, we need depth and experience here. Also an experienced prop to replace Tets and add to our depth wouldn’t be a bad option.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
          I'd go for Latrell Mitchell. He's a matchwinner and he's off contract at the end of this year and we should be able to get him for 800k and, to sweeten the deal, we'd have him for less than that for this year.
          The other thing is we know he has good combinations with our players and has bought into our culture. I'd argue he's actually worth more to us than anybody else because of this.

What other players of his class are currently on the market? None...

Comment

Pretty much agree we need a centre. I would go after the best defensive centre on the market or one we could poach. We hve enough strike around the park to get points, lets keep our wall going

Comment

We definately need a long term replacement for Jarred who is getting on. A forward leader.

Comment

Really sad they dismantled the u20s comp and we only see one game at SCG each week.

do we have any talent coming* through the ranks?
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I reckon if Latrell goes replace him with David Fifita with the view that when JWH retires he steps in his position , in the meantime Billy Smith would or could be up to the task at Centre

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                    Really sad they dismantled the u20s comp and we only see one game at SCG each week.

do we have any talent coming* through the ranks?
                    Monique our cheerleader is blessed with lots of talent.

Comment

If the club feels as though Billy Smith isn't quite ready - or even if he is but wants great depth - then someone already mentioned Josh Morris.

He'd be an excellent addition and with Xerri/Ramien at the Sharks it seems as though the Sharks would like to move him on.

What better way to end your career than beside your brother? Josh remains a very good player and a world class defender. And he's also a great professional.

As for David Fifita, he's an edge forward not a prop. You wouldn't say no but I wonder what it would mean for Crichton going forward.

Comment

Let’s not forget about Valentine Holmes. He will probably be back in the NRL next year. If the Cowboys poach Latrell then we should think about getting him.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                          Let’s not forget about Valentine Holmes. He will probably be back in the NRL next year. If the Cowboys poach Latrell then we should think about getting him.
                          We have a fullback . not a bad one either

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                            Really? What about Teddy?

Comment

Perhaps Wighton could still be a possibility, but I am not sure about his character given his off field record (we do not want to have any issues there after improving our culture so much). Josh Morris would be okay, and there might be value there playing with his brother. Fifita would be good, but the point made earlier about Crichton is a valid one IMO. Not sure what the obvious answer is. Another front rower in the next couple of years would have to be on the cards, given JWH's age. SST is quite a high priority to retain I would have thought.
                              MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                              is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                              with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                              much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                              X