Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wighton goes hard.

Comment

• Wont pay so cant see complete story but Telegraph this morning suggesting Walker may be shown the door at Souths. Maybe Latrell has been offered 5/8 which he has always wanted.

While I will be incredibly disappointed to see him go I cant fault the clubs handling of this. The offer is/was fair and I think Latrell will in time realise that he listened to the wrong people and perhaps only appreciate what he had when its gone. Personally, I think he would have a hell of a lot more pressure on him at Souths as there marquee player and I don't think he has the maturity to handle that and perform at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
        Wighton goes hard.
        Do we have the cap space for wighton tho?

Comment

• But, but.....where's the brown paper bags....

Goes to show you that our cap management is streets ahead of everyone else. We place a price on a player and stick to it. And given how well the Club knows Latrell, $800K is the price. Anyone else paying more is paying overs.

Who knows, Latrell is only 22 so further success may likely be ahead for him. However, of all the players we've released in recent times I can only think that RTS (in a poor side) and Maloney have continued their form.

Comment

• maubs to the centres
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
              maubs to the centres
              Angus to the other centre to cover Manu when he swaps to hooker?

Sorry, had to say it..

Comment

• I will be very surprised if he plays next year, 2020, with us. Unfortunately there will likely be even worse relations and attitude by Latrell towards the Roosters. The release of his statement that he was insulted by the Roosters 800k offer , left the roosters little option but to withdraw the offer ! They would tell him they don't want to insult him. I also understand that Nick has no time for Latrell's new manager....so that would have been another negative in further "negotiations".....and negotiations don't exist when you say you are insulted with an employers offer. I think Latrell's reading the press elevation to 'the worlds best centre' status went to his head. Reminds me of Napa's awesome game against Souths 4 years ago, which was never repeated. As good as he can be, we are yet to see Latrell this year repeat his awesome game that he produced against the Tigers that generated that comment !

Comment

• Originally posted by top_joe View Post

Angus to the other centre to cover Manu when he swaps to hooker?

Sorry, had to say it..
                  Fifita to the centres.

Comment

• Once latrell let out he was insulted by the 800k a year offer he left the club no choice but to withdraw the offer. We made the right choice in keeping Manu who is happy at the club rather than having to walk around on eggshells to massage latrells ego.
                    Latrell is a fantastic player but his input is limited and drifts in and out of games and he's been the beneficiary of playing outside Keary and in the best left edge in the game.
                    He doesn't have the motor to be a fullback or the game management to be a 5/8 to me he's a deadly outside back and that doesn't justify a million a season.
                    I'd be surprised if he didn't go to Souths and I think they'll try to play him in either one of those positions. Bennett is a great motivator but I think he'll have his hands full trying to turn him into something his not.
                    Freddie was right in dropping him in origin as he wasn't tough enough mentally in that arena and he was found short once again in that Tongan test on the weekend.
                    No one's bigger than the club .

Comment

• I love Latrell but no-one is bigger than the Club.

I’ll be very disappointed to lose him but we will survive and thrive. We are the Roosters.
                      Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
                        I love Latrell but no-one is bigger than the Club.

I’ll be very disappointed to lose him but we will survive and thrive. We are the Roosters.
                        That's pretty much the size of it, Pump.

My disappointment is less about what we lose on the field with Lattrell than all the kids who idolized him in their Roosters gear.

Also the way Robbo bent over backwards (not literally) to help this young man in tough times, and now he's off before hitting his peak.

Comment

• He wants to chase the dollar, that's his prerogative, his choice. It goes against the ethos and culture Robbo has worked so hard to build... side before self, every time!

Comment

• The club decisions is the right one, retain players based on their worth with characters rather than talent. It works for Origins

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Do we have the cap space for wighton tho?
                              LOLz fark the myth that is J Wighton.

Comment

• Well done to the Roosters club by refusing to participate in the circus that is Latrell Mitchell and his advisors. Way too many people of suspect character getting in the bloke's ear and giving him the wrong advice. I don't think most of them have his best interests at heart - they are just out to feather their own nest. Little wonder Robbo and Nick want nothing to do with the process.

If Latrell can find a club that is willing to pay what he wants for 2020 then the Chooks should let him leave the nest, because his attitude will absolutely stink and he will do the team more harm than good if he is forced to stay if he wants to go.

The bloke is extremely high maintenance. Let's see whether he sinks or swims in an environment here he may not receive the care and support he has had so far. Not to mention the extra time off so he can disappear up the coast when he needs it . Certainly he'd best steer clear of the Tigers/Maguire - he wouldn't last the preseason.
                                Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Working...
                                X