Announcement

Collapse

Browse Ad-Free in Season 2020!

Support TheChookpen with a Premium Subscription and browse the forum AD-FREE. Click this link to purchase a subscription for the 2020 season! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

So it looks like Latrell may have played his last game for the Roosters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fancy having Mundane as a family friend.

    Alao imagine the sparks when Madge doesnot think he’s fit enough to play FB or asks him to play injured or if selected for SOO again (long shot I know) and asked to backup for the Tigpies because he has had 4 touches and made 12 tackles in 80 minutes of football - and Latts says no.

    I say let him go. As disappointing as that is. Why risk loosing 2 players (ie we redeploy 2 lots of the $100k to players we won’t to keep) just so we can pay overs for Latts.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

      but not because of him
      He helped and thought he defended really well, and we probably don’t win it without his magic moment.

      he was a superstar, but saying he was insulted by the offer? Sounds like a brat.

      cant see him in the origin team any time soon either, has turned plenty of people off now.

      i wonder if ramien would be worth an offer?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

        but not because of him
        No but to be fair he made a pretty massive contribution.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by milanja View Post

          He helped and thought he defended really well, and we probably don’t win it without his magic moment.

          he was a superstar, but saying he was insulted by the offer? Sounds like a brat.

          cant see him in the origin team any time soon either, has turned plenty of people off now.

          i wonder if ramien would be worth an offer?
          I think you’ll find he’s already signed with the Sharks

          Comment


          • Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
            https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/nrl/...06-p5381i.html
            Mundine’s advice to Mitchell is to get as much money as you can
            Mundine is a toxic liar. A walking death knell for any player. "they ain't loyal" spoken like a true bigot with a log on both shoulders. We just offered him 800k a yr to be the highest paid centre you ****wit
            "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

            Comment


            • We can probably see LM fighting on Mundine undercard soon in future

              Comment


              • FB_IMG_1572951152169.jpg
                "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

                Comment


                • Originally posted by stringaz View Post

                  Mundine is a toxic liar. A walking death knell for any player. "they ain't loyal" spoken like a true bigot with a log on both shoulders. We just offered him 800k a yr to be the highest paid centre you ****wit
                  100% Loyalty goes both ways , we showed it , he didn't . No one player is bigger than this club , sure some make bigger contributions but 111 odd years of continuous membership of this great game shows that players come and go , sure some we would have loved to have kept but the Roosters just keep going. I love the way Latrell plays when he plays and doesn't loose interest but at the end of the day I and I suspect we support the club first and last.
                  Ps I do think we will release him and I do wish him well , amazing talent but needs to grow up, not unlike most of us at that age but the situation is now untenable .
                  Go the Chooks

                  Comment


                  • Latrell Mitchell has identified the Cowboys as a future home, with North Queensland fielding an approach to sign the NSW Origin sensation following his contract spat with the Sydney Roosters.

                    The Courier-Mail can reveal Mitchell is seriously weighing up a move to the Cowboys from 2021 onwards as he explores contingency plans after the Roosters’ bombshell decision to withdraw a two-year, $800,000-a-season extension.

                    Mitchell is so genuine about a possible shift to Townsville a close associate has contacted the Cowboys in the past 24 hours to outline the 22-year-old’s interest in a Plan B move to North Queensland.

                    If Mitchell can’t salvage his contract situation at the Roosters, the Cowboys are frontline contenders to snare one of the most destructive outside backs in the code.

                    Mitchell wasn’t originally on North Queensland’s hit list but the ructions at Bondi – and revelations of the Roosters centre’s interest in a fresh start in Townsville – has triggered a strategic rethink from Cowboys bosses.

                    While the Cowboys have yet to engage in formal talks with Mitchell, they are interested and are crunching their salary cap numbers.

                    The club has around $1 million to spend under the salary cap for 2020 and beyond, funds that were initially set aside for Valentine Holmes, the former Queensland Origin ace currently in America chasing an NFL contract with the New York Jets.

                    The Cowboys can only afford to sign Mitchell or Holmes. The latter’s campaign with the Jets is due to end in January, by which time Holmes must decide whether to stay on in the States or abort his NFL dream to return to rugby league.

                    One trump card for the Cowboys is their football-operations chief Peter Parr, who has worked with Mitchell over the past two years in NSW Origin camp as the Blues’ team manager.

                    Mitchell is off-contract at the end of next season but can now formally field rival offers after the NRL’s annual player-contracting period on November 1 began last Friday.

                    A number of Sydney-based clubs launched inquiries about Mitchell on Wednesday, but it is understood the Taree-born product is keen for a change of pace and sees appeal in the more relaxed Townsville lifestyle that lured Johnathan Thurston.

                    Former Cowboys centre Brent Tate believes Mitchell would transform North Queensland’s backline and relish the region’s lifestyle.

                    “The Cowboys would be a great fit for Latrell if he is keen to be there,” Tate said.
                    “Latrell has a young family and for an NRL player looking for that life balance, the Cowboys tick all the boxes.

                    “Latrell has copped a lot of criticism for such a young bloke and the media scrutiny in Townsville is certainly not at the level of what he would face in the fishbowl of Sydney.

                    “We (the Cowboys) lacked some strike in the backline last season, so there’s no doubt Latrell would be a handy addition to our backs.

                    “When he is at his best, there is no one better – daylight comes second when Latrell is in form.

                    “I would love to see a player like Latrell in Cowboys colours.”

                    Comment


                    • Yea now the cows, his manager(s) are doing the rounds. Sounds a bit panicky. Love the one your with latrell, you do still have our support. Maybe not the club I don't know as the offer being withdrawn and all that.
                      "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

                      Comment


                      • He’s going to be a superstar, there’s no doubt about it. This one hurt will hurt. More than any I can remember. Now we know how Penrith felt about Freddy, or the Tigs do now about Teddy.

                        But good luck to him. He’s a pleasure to watch.

                        Comment


                        • .Wow the Cowboys! Makes perfect sense with Townsville being so close to Taree and all.

                          Lot of people playing games with Latrell.

                          Clubs feigning interest to force Roosters to pay overs and negate our ability to chase other signings (? Fafita).
                          Clubs using the imminent signing of Latrell to resign players cheaper or without protracted negotiations (Bulldogs / Watane Zelezniak)
                          Clubs using Latrell to let preferred signings know they have options (Cowboys / Holmes)

                          Latrell might learn a hard lesson here but again, he is a young man being completely misguided and mismanaged.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Horry View Post
                            Latrell Mitchell has identified the Cowboys as a future home, with North Queensland fielding an approach to sign the NSW Origin sensation following his contract spat with the Sydney Roosters.

                            The Courier-Mail can reveal Mitchell is seriously weighing up a move to the Cowboys from 2021 onwards as he explores contingency plans after the Roosters’ bombshell decision to withdraw a two-year, $800,000-a-season extension.

                            Mitchell is so genuine about a possible shift to Townsville a close associate has contacted the Cowboys in the past 24 hours to outline the 22-year-old’s interest in a Plan B move to North Queensland.

                            If Mitchell can’t salvage his contract situation at the Roosters, the Cowboys are frontline contenders to snare one of the most destructive outside backs in the code.

                            Mitchell wasn’t originally on North Queensland’s hit list but the ructions at Bondi – and revelations of the Roosters centre’s interest in a fresh start in Townsville – has triggered a strategic rethink from Cowboys bosses.

                            While the Cowboys have yet to engage in formal talks with Mitchell, they are interested and are crunching their salary cap numbers.

                            The club has around $1 million to spend under the salary cap for 2020 and beyond, funds that were initially set aside for Valentine Holmes, the former Queensland Origin ace currently in America chasing an NFL contract with the New York Jets.

                            The Cowboys can only afford to sign Mitchell or Holmes. The latter’s campaign with the Jets is due to end in January, by which time Holmes must decide whether to stay on in the States or abort his NFL dream to return to rugby league.

                            One trump card for the Cowboys is their football-operations chief Peter Parr, who has worked with Mitchell over the past two years in NSW Origin camp as the Blues’ team manager.

                            Mitchell is off-contract at the end of next season but can now formally field rival offers after the NRL’s annual player-contracting period on November 1 began last Friday.

                            A number of Sydney-based clubs launched inquiries about Mitchell on Wednesday, but it is understood the Taree-born product is keen for a change of pace and sees appeal in the more relaxed Townsville lifestyle that lured Johnathan Thurston.

                            Former Cowboys centre Brent Tate believes Mitchell would transform North Queensland’s backline and relish the region’s lifestyle.

                            “The Cowboys would be a great fit for Latrell if he is keen to be there,” Tate said.
                            “Latrell has a young family and for an NRL player looking for that life balance, the Cowboys tick all the boxes.

                            “Latrell has copped a lot of criticism for such a young bloke and the media scrutiny in Townsville is certainly not at the level of what he would face in the fishbowl of Sydney.

                            “We (the Cowboys) lacked some strike in the backline last season, so there’s no doubt Latrell would be a handy addition to our backs.

                            “When he is at his best, there is no one better – daylight comes second when Latrell is in form.

                            “I would love to see a player like Latrell in Cowboys colours.”
                            I can't visualise him in cowboys colours. Would just look wrong

                            Comment


                            • If we end up with Valentine Holmes i'll be happy.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                                If we end up with Valentine Holmes i'll be happy.
                                He is a winger who wants to play fullback

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X