Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your biggest unsung hero of 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SCG.
    It could be the difference if we make the next 2 GFs
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

The SCG.
      It could be the difference if we make the next 2 GFs
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Surely Travis Touma gets a mention here........

Comment

Mitch Pearce for leaving
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Sam Verrills for mine the difference he made to the last half of the season was immense.. Monumental difference between Radley and Verrills at Dummy Half and would go as far to say everybit as good as Jake with the potential of having bigger improvement.

Comment

Butcher - tough as they come, can ball play when req'd, ie when Radley not there, quick - cover defence, great step and leg drive at the line, did a lot of dirty work around the ruck in the gf.
              Special mention to Bmoz and Toups

Comment

I was thinking Radley. Played out of position long enough to allow Verrills to come in at the optimal time, then added a new dimension at lock when the team needed to click. Was in the top 5 players in the gf also.
                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Unsung?! A player who has produced every game for over a decade and being unsung for the whole decade in Mitch Aubusson. Filled in every position and produced error free games 99% of the time.
                  this year Toupo,Butcher and B Moz deserve special mentions

Comment

Jason Taylor assistant coach,reserve grade coach etc,has been with us for every triumph,his ability constantly overlooked by other NRL clubs,is streets ahead of Brown,Siebold,Maguire,Kearney, Morris and Arthur.Can't get a gig anywhere other than the Roosters thanks carrrrnts!
                    The world is full of Kings & Queens,who blind your eye's & steal your dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by infidelrooster View Post
                      Jason Taylor assistant coach,reserve grade coach etc,has been with us for every triumph,his ability constantly overlooked by other NRL clubs,is streets ahead of Brown,Siebold,Maguire,Kearney, Morris and Arthur.Can't get a gig anywhere other than the Roosters thanks carrrrnts!
                      Really pleased to see someone mention JT...he has definitely contributed and accepted any shuffling of the deckchairs with good grace.

Comment

Easily Toops. Was a beast. Worked so hard out of our own end. Best winger in 2019 by a country mile

Comment

Great thread. So many too chose from but I'll start with ...

<----- Isaac Liu

Also appreciate the work of Toups, Aubo, and BMoz.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Over the longer term, definitely Aubo for mine. This season, I think it is out of Victor (who I think played every game) and Sam (who stepped in so brilliantly for Jake). There is quite a field of quality candidates, though, and a number of them could mount a pretty strong case.
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Issac Liu. Never gets praise. He really had a tremendous year- his willingness in defence and his footwork in attack. I just love his attitude- always focussed

Is that the same winger we had in 2014,15,16 & 17 called Daniel Toupo?? 2018 brilliant, 2019 he was off the charts. Theres got to be a story behind it- his whole demeanour has changed. Someone or something has got into his head. His game for Tonga against GB the other night was just a continuation of his brilliant form and positivity.

Comment

Toops man for sure this year he really did not take a backward step it’s like he finally realised his potential shits all over Addo-Carr H2H coz apparently JAC is the best pfft how many rings does Addo Carr have? Toops you Easts legend!!

Comment

Working...
                                X