X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news !

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
      I know Verrills is the future but Jake Friend is one of the cornerstones of our club. A true Red, White and Blue blooded Rooster.

I've made the mistake of underestimating his value to the club before but won't do so again.

I'd love to see him re-signed for two more years with Verrills beginning his transition as our no.9 from the bench.
      Given events of the last few days,and considering they have also lost Korisau, I think Sammy V will be looking very attractive to Manly. Will he stay with us on 2nd string hooker money for the next 3 years if we extend Jake another 2.

Comment

Thats great news for the club and fans, J Manu good player and i still think he will get even better in the years to come.

Comment

Great news on the resigning of Manu. What a wonderful young player. Now fingers cross we can resign Latrell.

Comment

That's made my day - love what Joey brings to the club. I have huge respect for him as a player and a person. What he has achieved to date etches him in our clubs history. Keep on writing the story Joey.

I hope that Latrell continues part of this golden era for our great club. He has a big decision to make.

Comment

Great news. Very good young player with a great attitude.

Anyone know anything about the younger brother who signed?

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post

Given events of the last few days,and considering they have also lost Korisau, I think Sammy V will be looking very attractive to Manly. Will he stay with us on 2nd string hooker money for the next 3 years if we extend Jake another 2.
                Good point he’s a Manly junior too I think. Honestly Sammy is happy to be at Easts especially loves what Robbo has taught him about our culture the money could very well sway him, however I think he is content atm kid is mature beyond his years it’s that maturity I think will keep him here. 100% he will get upgraded also Manly won’t be exempt from using Manese money anyway plus they’re still under salary cap penalty? 300k wasn’t it?

Comment

Awesome news.

I remember saying a few years back that I just didn't know if he'd be able to improve enough in defence to be a first grade but he's an absolute beast these days. I'd argue one of the best defensive centres in the game. The transformation in such a short period of time has been ridiculous.

Really hope we start to get more out of him in attack next year. He only had 15 try involvements this year compared to Latrell's 33.

We really need to unlock that right edge attack, he's absolutely lethal as he showed when he was shifted back to fullback and I would love to see him given a license to float a little more next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post

Good point he’s a Manly junior too I think. Honestly Sammy is happy to be at Easts especially loves what Robbo has taught him about our culture the money could very well sway him, however I think he is content atm kid is mature beyond his years it’s that maturity I think will keep him here. 100% he will get upgraded also Manly won’t be exempt from using Manese money anyway plus they’re still under salary cap penalty? 300k wasn’t it?
                    he has also won a comp with us, so for someone as short in his career as him, hopefully will convince him to stick around for longer
                    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Sam knows he is next in line and Friend hasn't got long to go.
                      He will get a decent upgrade and good money when Friend finishes up.
                      I doubt he will go anywhere.

And super news about Joey. He will be a special player with a couple more years under his belt.

Comment

Like!

Comment

Great news, our focus should be on JWH & SST, without them upfront we will struggle, I’ll even sacrifice Lattrell if needed to keep them both if Lattrell remains fixated on making has much $$$ as possible to retire by age of 30.

Comment

Like!

Comment

Teddy if the young Manly hooker has broken the law allowing Manly to sack him then he gets no money & that money can be used to buy another player. I think Sam who is a Premiership winning player would rather be the number 1 rake at Manly then playing second fiddle to Friend. The Roosters have to be carefull with Verrills because being a Premiership winning hooker makes him a really good buy for another club.

Comment

Brilliant news. Thank you Joey.
                                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X