Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph manu extends with roosters!

JOSEPH MANU EXTENDS WITH ROOSTERS

In a recent Sydney Roosters survey, Members stated that Club news including player signings is important to them. We’re pleased to make the following fantastic announcement to our Members first.
    The Sydney Roosters are thrilled to announce that Kiwi international Joseph Manu has signed a two-year extension, keeping him with the Club until at least the end of 2022.

23-year-old Manu, who made his NRL debut with the Tricolours in 2016, was ecstatic to re-commit to the Club.

“The Roosters is home to me, I love this Club,” said Manu.

“Trent, the coaches, the players, they’ve all made me a better person and a better player and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to know that I’ll continue to be part of the team at the Roosters for at least the next three years,” he added.

Roosters Head Coach Trent Robinson was pleased to have Manu locked in to the Club’s long-term plans.

“Joseph is highly-regarded by his teammates and all the coaching staff for both the athlete and the person he is,” said Robinson.

“Joey‘s work ethic is outstanding and he holds himself accountable on the field, but just as importantly, he is a good man who embodies the values we want in our players, so it’s great news to have him extend with the Club,” he added.

Manu has played 70 NRL games to date and was a member of the Roosters’ 2018 and 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership-winning sides.

Together with NRL teammates Victor Radley, Nat Butcher, Sitili Tupouniua and Poasa Faamausili, Manu was a member of the Roosters’ 2016 National Youth Competition Premiership-winning side. Manu was also a member of the Roosters’ 2014 SG Ball title-winning side alongside Latrell Mitchell and Faamausili.

In the representative arena, Manu, who is currently in camp with New Zealand, made his international debut in 2018 and has played six Tests to date.

The Roosters are also pleased to announce that Manu’s younger brother, 17-year-old Kani Manu will join the Club’s SG Ball squad.
    Last edited by Horry; 10-29-2019, 02:05 PM.

Awesome news! I wonder what the damage was?
    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Great news !!

Comment

Wonderful I love this kid. Especially when he goes left to link up with Lats, cmon Lats follow suit another 3 years with the best centre’s in the game would be a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
          wonderful i love this kid. Especially when he goes left to link up with lats, cmon lats follow suit another 3 years with the best centre’s in the game would be a dream.
          b2b2b2b2b?

Comment

Fantastic

Comment

Great news...but does this mean Lattrell has one foot out the door?

Comment

Great news and I reckon he's got another gear in him.

Comment

great news, happy to hear that , now if latrell could follow suit.

Comment

Awesome news.

Also a handy back up at fullback when Teddy is on Origin duty.

Comment

Great news, next our two front rowers, and then see what happens with Latrell.
                      Not sure if we can keep Friend and Latrell.

Comment

Thanks for providing the article Horry. This is a great development. Now all attention will turn to Latrell. Let's see what transpires, I guess.
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Fantastic news for the club , Joey has been terrific for us especially in big end of season games where he has really stood up.
                          He made it clear he is happy at the roosters and loves the joint.
                          The first of many to re-sign hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
                            Great news, next our two front rowers, and then see what happens with Latrell.
                            Not sure if we can keep Friend and Latrell.
                            Friendy is staying whether we like it or not. Won't take no for an answer.

Comment

I know Verrills is the future but Jake Friend is one of the cornerstones of our club. A true Red, White and Blue blooded Rooster.

I've made the mistake of underestimating his value to the club before but won't do so again.

I'd love to see him re-signed for two more years with Verrills beginning his transition as our no.9 from the bench.

Comment

Working...
                              X