So sick of the pot shots at our fan base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sick of the pot shots at our fan base

Just went to NRL.com and thought I’d sit down and watch “inside the nrl” they just put out... the episode was recorded in front of a live audience and it only took 1mim into the video before the host yells out “are there any roosters fans out there?” which Jamie Soward then said “there are no roosters fans anywhere! There are a few raiders fans though”

seriously no other fan base has to put up with this shit... this is our grand final week just as much as the raiders fans so why is it when we tune into grand final shows to try and enjoy the week do we have to listen to constant digs at us? I’m so ****ing done with it.
    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Who cares. It’s just jealousy. Nobody hates the shit teams.

Comment

I don't know why this shit bothers people.

No supporters, no juniors, sombreros. Who gives a shit. I find the salt hilarious and satisfying.

Loved the quote in the Tele.
      They hate us coz they ain't us.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        Thats not 100% true, never hear ex players or tv personality’s say shit about the Storms fan base, or the Broncos, or the Rabbitohs or any other club that has had success in the last decade... we seem to be the only ones that get shat on consistently... and it’s getting out of hand specially this season.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
          I don't know why this shit bothers people.

No supporters, no juniors, sombreros. Who gives a shit. I find the salt hilarious and satisfying.

Loved the quote in the Tele.
          They hate us coz they ain't us.
          It bothers me because as a life long fan of this club I’m sick of being talked about like I’m less passionate than someone who supports the raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

It bothers me because as a life long fan of this club I’m sick of being talked about like I’m less passionate than someone who supports the raiders.
            And that is the exact reaction they hope to get.
            We are winners and they are losers. Their reply is to try and get under our skin to make them feel somehow better.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

And that is the exact reaction they hope to get.
              We are winners and they are losers. Their reply is to try and get under our skin to make them feel somehow better.
              I understand that.. from the opposition team I can handle that and understand it... problem I have is that it’s coming from people who should be neutral.. it’s grandfinal week and these shows should be praising both sides but instead it’s all 1 sided.

Comment

Exactly this. Embrace it. Feed off of it. Love being hated because the pricks are so jealous of our club and our success. Easts.

Comment

You are missing the point. Let them dribble with jealousy while we celebrate yet another Grand Final victory on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

Exactly this. Embrace it. Feed off of it. Love being hated because the pricks are so jealous of our club and our success. Easts.
                    And at 930pm on Sunday night guess what?
                    They will hate us even more!

Comment

I understand that.. from the opposition team I can handle that and understand it... problem I have is that it’s coming from people who should be neutral.. it’s grandfinal week and these shows should be praising both sides but instead it’s all 1 sided.
                      Excellent point.

The really weird thing about it is the mythology of it...we have shitloads of fans across Australia just not all located in Bondi.

More than a lot of other teams. Very strange how this myth grew a life of its own.

Comment

And at 930pm on Sunday night guess what?
                        They will hate us even more!
                        **** yes!!

Comment

It means more to support a less popular club. Even though we dispute our popularity.

Comment

I love when they say Greenburg loves us. FFS realy??? That is why we have had the success we have had since Robbo came along....because Greenburg loves us.

But the best has got to be the hate for Uncle Nick and his 40 year overnight success with us.
                            Others have tried with Crowe, the Penn's, The Thoroughbreds, Triguboff, Tinkler and even News Ltd.
                            But nobody has mastered it like Uncle Nick and he has put us in an excellent position when he retires.
                            The hate will last for decades. So embrace it mate.

Comment

They hate us because we are successful , they hate us because we do have a great fan base , they hate us because players want to play for us to be successful . they hate us because we have Uncle Nik .
                              They hate us because we are Roosters . Love the hate , the more they hate the more we band together as a team and as fans and the more successful we are .Fu*k em feed of there hate.
                              Go the Chooks.
                              Ps Fu*k I love my Team , Our Team

Comment

Working...
                              X