It is Ironic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is Ironic

though out the season we have been on the bad end of most penalty counts while teams like lol@souffs have been gifted piggy backs all year... funny thing is the refs have actually done us a favor by preparing us for the finals... now that its finals time is here and the penalties have dried up teams like souffs dont know how to win without the leg up while we feel right at home... ty refs for making us stronger and making everyone else soft.
    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Apparently we paid ref Sutton according to some of these degenerates.
    Piggyback pens are the only way they're gonna do anything, they are that used to it and too stoopid to see that their team is nothing without them.

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
      though out the season we have been on the bad end of most penalty counts while teams like lol@souffs have been gifted piggy backs all year... funny thing is the refs have actually done us a favor by preparing us for the finals... now that its finals time is here and the penalties have dried up teams like souffs dont know how to win without the leg up while we feel right at home... ty refs for making us stronger and making everyone else soft.
      That's certainly the way I see it:
      - Souffs are sloppy as because they're used to getting tries off piggy-back penalties, followed by a cheeky ball to Johnny Depp. Finals round 1, at half time it's like 'Johnny Depp is leading the tackle count!!!' To me that's when I knew the game was ours because no matter how many penalties they were about to win, their token cheeky little hole runner wouldn't have the legs for it. We're used to defending all day regardless with our luck with penalties. Being able to take Cords off and rest him was huge.
      - Teams that are used to niggling and winning penalties (e.g. Souffs and Raiders) focus way too much on it rather than playing some darn footy. 26-0 down at half-time all Skeletor could say is 'oh here I have a tactic... when they play the ball try picking it up before the dummy half because you'll then get a penalty if they try to block you'. I mean c'mon!!! Nice trick but you've gotta backup the next (free) set with some footy. You need a plan rather than a small win like that.
      - Teams like the Raiders and Storm have centred their games around cheeky strips. IMO there's a reason why other teams haven't adopted such tactics (while they'll spend 1/2 their training sessions trying to perfect such tactics). Why? Because again... having a plan to build some legit tactical pressure/momentum trumps a cheap steal!!! As we start to sharpen up, I reckon the Raiders and Storm will regret spending so much time training to cheat the rules + get cheap possession because we've instead been training to roll wirh the punches no matter what. IMO it's poor coaching to be constantly looking for cheap let-offs.

Comment

Working...
      X

Fatal error: Uncaught Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM cacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('node_801519_lvl1data','node_801519_lvl3data','vBUserRep_1031','vBAtchmnts_801519','getSearchResults_5bd2d220e6f8fef0461a79413fed8aa1','vBAtchmnts_801524','vBAtchmnts_801535','node_801524_lvl3data','node_801535_lvl3data','node_801524_lvl1data','node_801535_lvl1data','vbnodetext801535_13_0:09f14d73cd828b8c283774e754116338','vbnodetext_pre_801535_13_0:09f14d73cd828b8c283774e754116338','vBPage_d30b9f556288fcff0238833440702e62_1','vbPre_conversation69.53.19.801519'); thrown in /home/thechook/public_html/vb5/core/vb/database.php on line 1189