Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Well done Roosters, too good, B2B bound imo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done Roosters, too good, B2B bound imo

I haven't watched the game nor does my heart want to let me but I have been told the first half featured some scintilating football from the Roosters.

I will have a few drinks and watch a replay of the game.

Well done ROosters, the Rabbitohs live to fight another day but I honestly think we will go out in straight sets while the Roosters will go on to B2B premierships.

Well done, you have a special team, enjoy it.
    Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
    South Sydney Forever

Cheers mate, you're one of the good guys and I appreciate your humility, All the best next week and lets hope we meet in the GF!

Comment

thanks pride, i actually really enjoy your contributions to the pen, too early to predict gf winners imo. best of luck next week, im one of the few here who does not hate souths, and will happily go for them over brisbane or melbourne anyday.

Comment

Good on you mate. Hard to face any kind of rugby league after a loss, let alone the Chookpen. Good form.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIDE View Post
          I haven't watched the game nor does my heart want to let me but I have been told the first half featured some scintilating football from the Roosters.

I will have a few drinks and watch a replay of the game.

Well done ROosters, the Rabbitohs live to fight another day but I honestly think we will go out in straight sets while the Roosters will go on to B2B premierships.

Well done, you have a special team, enjoy it.
          Cheers
          it is a special time and we all should remember that the gods of depth and roster management are on our side but maybe not MRC and health. Just show why no one has been B2B since 93.

Comment

Thanks Pride , but never concede while you are still kicking mate.

Can I add that Souths fans (in general) are without doubt the best sports in the game. I never feel awkward or threatened amongst you guys. I'm sure every club has exceptions to that though.
            To our fans we tell you
            If you have not been told
            We play this game for all of us
            We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

Well said PRIDE. I couldn’t go to the south’s forum and post like that if we had lost. I admire your humility and sportsmanship.

you are welcome here anytime.
              Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

Comment

Condolences Pride. Good luck next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                  Cheers mate, you're one of the good guys and I appreciate your humility, All the best next week and lets hope we meet in the GF!
                  Thanks HC, I hope we can bounce back with a vengeance next week. Tall order to make it to the GF and it would be one for the ages if we played the Roosters in one.,The two oldest and proudest clubs and the biggest rivalry in the NRL. I really hope it happens one day.
                  South Sydney Forever

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                    thanks pride, i actually really enjoy your contributions to the pen, too early to predict gf winners imo. best of luck next week, im one of the few here who does not hate souths, and will happily go for them over brisbane or melbourne anyday.
                    TBH I don't hate the Roosters as much as some other clubs, Brisbane and Melbourne I dislike way more. Its a fierce rivalry between the Chooks and Souths but I respect your club they are a great club.
                    South Sydney Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                      Good on you mate. Hard to face any kind of rugby league after a loss, let alone the Chookpen. Good form.
                      I could only last one post last night haha thanks BP. I did read some of the threads by it aint my natural habitat but that was the walking dead last night.

I hope we meet again but its a tall order.
                      South Sydney Forever

Comment

Originally posted by The Marshall View Post

Cheers
                        it is a special time and we all should remember that the gods of depth and roster management are on our side but maybe not MRC and health. Just show why no one has been B2B since 93.
                        Yeah having said that, if Jared misses a week (but shouldn't miss a final for a little trip imo, but they have rules around prior charges), he will be fit and firing for the GF should you win the pf. I read Cordner and Tupou should be fine for the prelim. I give you a pretty good shot at the B2B still. I hope Souths can stop it but being honest we don't have the cattle to beat the Roosters or the Storm.
                        South Sydney Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                          Thanks Pride , but never concede while you are still kicking mate.

Can I add that Souths fans (in general) are without doubt the best sports in the game. I never feel awkward or threatened amongst you guys. I'm sure every club has exceptions to that though.
                          Hi Jack "Pearce off" Gibson, lol. Not conceding but after getting a flogging like that you can see I am not a glass half full kind of guy lol.

We are a punchers chance next week, I think we can beat Manly or Cronulla but it depends on how are forwards go. If they can lay a platform for Murray and Cook we are a chance and hopefully we have some cattle coming back including Sammy and Gagai. AJ and Graham need to be on the wing, Adam D FB, Gagai and Roberts in the centres but defensively we have problems on the edge and we need to fix that to have a chance.

Also thanks mate, I have quite a lot of mates who are Chooks supporters and we get along great especially in weeks we don't play against each other.
                          South Sydney Forever

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                            Well said PRIDE. I couldn’t go to the south’s forum and post like that if we had lost. I admire your humility and sportsmanship.

you are welcome here anytime.
                            Believe me it wasn't easy, but, at least most of you on the Chookpen are really nice people. We support different teams and the clubs somewhat loathe each other but banter between opposition fans should be fun and I don't take the sledging too seriously here on the Chookpen. We all love the game of Rugby League its just we belong to different tribes of Rugby League lovers.

Thanks mate but I will try not to wear out my welcome, usually only post before and after Souths v Roosters games though sometimes I get on for a read.
                            South Sydney Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                              Condolences Pride. Good luck next game.
                              Thanks Thirteen, too good, hope you and your kids and parents enjoyed the game. You sound like a great Roosters and Rugby League supporting family.
                              South Sydney Forever

Comment

Working...
                              X