Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ikuvalu

Ikuvalu adding value

Despite having played just nine games this season, the Roosters have tabled a one-year deal for winger Matt Ikuvalu.

The off-contract Central Coast junior is likely to accept the offer after spending time out of the side this year with ligament damage.

With fellow wingers Brett Morris and Ryan Hall — both off-contract next season — spending time out of the team this season with injury, Ikuvalu has a chance to make a case for a starting wing spot for 2020 and beyond.

BMoz and Hall are both contracted for 2020 - and who knows after that. Smith coming through, too.
    Still, Matt did well for us and would be a handy back up for the right price.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
      BMoz and Hall are both contracted for 2020 - and who knows after that. Smith coming through, too.
      Doesn’t Hall have an option as well to play on in 2021?
      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

Doesn’t Hall have an option as well to play on in 2021?
        Yep - an 'MO' apparently.

Comment

Ligament hahaha i never new a cheek fracture was a ligament
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Ikuvalu has done well in limited first grade games, I’ll be happy if he stays on with us.

Comment

Can’t have a team full of superstars so great to have Iku on board again. Did well in every game after the Parra nightmare.

And if Manu fails at hooker we can always put Iku there.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                I'd say Ikuvalu defends better... Smith's the better physical specimen.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Smith has great hair too... well he used to until some grub nearly scalped him.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah, close call.

Comment

Ikuvalua has done really well when needed to fill in. good back up player imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X