Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ARL Chairman V'Landys

Would do you reckon?

I'm happy about it as the guy is a mover and shaker, and will get things done.

He has been pretty good for racing...my equal love with Rugby League

Its got to be a step up from Beter Peattie but I guess Humphrey B Bear would be also.

I don't think Pete could run a decent meat raffle at the local Bowlo.
    B2B is right on track.

Beattie leaves us with some absolute gems. My two favourite moments were, in no particular order:

1. When he confused a Barcelona soccer shirt for a Newcastle jersey. He was so pleased with himself. As far as he knew, he'd nailed it and that made up for not knowing who the Cronulla Sharks were a few weeks earlier!
    2. Sending a message to an impersonator of the long-since gone Laurie Nicholls , "Good to see you are well Laurie."

What a classic. Couldn't arrange for a piss to run downhill.

V'Landys? Happy to wait and see. He has indeed done a good job with racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post
      Beattie leaves us with some absolute gems. My two favourite moments were, in no particular order:

1. When he confused a Barcelona soccer shirt for a Newcastle jersey. He was so pleased with himself. As far as he knew, he'd nailed it and that made up for not knowing who the Cronulla Sharks were a few weeks earlier!
      2. Sending a message to an impersonator of the long-since gone Laurie Nicholls , "Good to see you are well Laurie."

What a classic. Couldn't arrange for a piss to run downhill.

V'Landys? Happy to wait and see. He has indeed done a good job with racing.
      Poor old Pete was way out of his depth and he knew it.

It's why ex Pollies should never get a real job.
      B2B is right on track.

Comment

beatie will get VIP seats for life now?

Comment

Vílandys is from the same Greek island as Uncle. Kythera
          Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

The one thing I know is that V'Landys is straight as a die. Call him the Anti-Kevin Humphreys.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't see him being involved with league long.
              The boys club there now won't like what he will want to do and push him out the door.
              Until the people their just looking out for themselves our gone nothing will change.

Comment

Has succeeded everywhere he has gone, will be great for Rugby League.

Comment

He has helped country racing in NSW out of the mire, so I'm hoping grassroots footy gets a shot in the arm too.
                  B2B is right on track.

Comment

I think he will be good for NSW Rugby League in a time where there is a lot of pressure on the game in Sydney and country where others would just sold them out

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                      The one thing I know is that V'Landys is straight as a die. Call him the Anti-Kevin Humphreys.
                      Great negotiator and in some areas of administration.....but coming from a harness racing background (like i do) i don't agree with this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                        Vílandys is from the same Greek island as Uncle. Kythera
                        If you want to know about Peter or Nicks story, here is a start

Peter Vílandys
                        https://www.kythera-family.net/en/pe...-vlandys-22219

Uncle
                        https://www.kythera-family.net/en/pe...e-politis-7605
                        Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

News stooge.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                            Would do you reckon?

I'm happy about it as the guy is a mover and shaker, and will get things done.

He has been pretty good for racing...my equal love with Rugby League

Its got to be a step up from Beter Peattie but I guess Humphrey B Bear would be also.

I don't think Pete could run a decent meat raffle at the local Bowlo.
                            I heard he was a groover & a shagger.

Comment

Good appointment as long as he restores Souths as the pride of the league.
                              Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                              South Sydney Forever

Comment

Working...
                              X

Fatal error: Uncaught Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM cacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('node_800814_lvl1data','node_800814_lvl3data','vBAtchmnts_800814','getSearchResults_b52f36f83ae18385cf6c9b415ecbd3f4','vB_UserPerms4084','vBAtchmnts_800816','vBAtchmnts_800818','vBAtchmnts_800825','vBAtchmnts_800828','vBAtchmnts_800851','vBAtchmnts_800864','vBAtchmnts_800865','vBAtchmnts_800899','vBAtchmnts_800901','vBAtchmnts_800937','vBAtchmnts_800961','vBAtchmnts_801000','vBAtchmnts_801035','vBAtchmnts_801039','node_800816_lvl3data','node_800818_lvl3data','node_800825_lvl3data','node_800828_lvl3data','node_800851_lvl3data','node_800864_lvl3data','node_800865_lvl3data','node_800899_lvl3data','node_800901_lvl3data','node_800937_lvl3data','node_800961_lvl3data','node_801000_lvl3data','node_801035_lvl3data','node_801039_lvl3data','node_800816_lvl1data','node_800818_lvl1data','node_800825_lvl1data','node_800828_lvl1data','node_800851_lvl1data','node_800864_lvl1data','node_800865_lvl1data','node_800899_lvl1data','node_800901_lvl in /home/thechook/public_html/vb5/core/vb/database.php on line 1189