• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sux changing a winning formula
    Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post

Was working very well with Keary and Angus for several weeks. You don’t change a winning team playing well. No need, we had mojo or whatever you want to call it. Yeah Boyd is the captain and all, but in a couple of years he will probably be playing up front anyway. He could of played on the right in his return from injury.
      How things change right , it wasn't so long ago few on here wanted to return Gus and keep the change . Cords played fantastic last week and my point is that it was the fact that Keary wasn't playing that the left didn't fire as expected. Not that Boyd stifled the attack . I think you will find that Angus will persist on the right and develop a lethal combination with Joey . Yes Gus was great on the left when Cords was out agreed . Too many good players what a problem to have .

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        Just a stat heading into the game...

2019 Penalty Counts Won

Souths 15
        Eels 13
        Cowboys 13
        Titans 12
        Warriors 12
        Knights 11
        Raiders 12
        Tigers 11
        Sharks 10
        Dragons 10
        Broncos 9
        Storm 9
        Manly 8
        Penrith 7
        Bulldogs 5
        Roosters 4

But don't worry, nothing to see here. It's all once again just pure coincidence!
        Souffs are just a very disciplined team ..except for the eye gouging and the hair pulling !

Comment

Was working very well with Keary and Angus for several weeks. You don’t change a winning team playing well. No need, we had mojo or whatever you want to call it. Yeah Boyd is the captain and all, but in a couple of years he will probably be playing up front anyway. He could of played on the right in his return from injury.
          We won a grand final with that edge.

We went a full finals series last year with that edge and only conceded 3 tries in 240 minutes.

We won 8 straight games this season with that edge, included in those 8 games were 6 wins against top 8 sides.

Form is temporary. Class is permanent.

You're right. Don't change what you know works well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
            What's happened to the aboriginal girl on the wing from last year?
            Went to Parra. Don’t think he’d appreciate being called a girl though.

Comment

Yeah lets pick the NSW and Aust captain out of position because we had a winning run without him.

What’s missing from this argument (and same with the keep Verrills instead of Friend argument) is that the recent winning run was mostly against bottom 8 sides. We would have won those games anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Went to Parra. Don’t think he’d appreciate being called a girl though.
                I was trying to figure out if that comment was in the wrong thread or randomly sexist or racist or both.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  Just a stat heading into the game...

2019 Penalty Counts Won

Souths 15
                  Eels 13
                  Cowboys 13
                  Titans 12
                  Warriors 12
                  Knights 11
                  Raiders 12
                  Tigers 11
                  Sharks 10
                  Dragons 10
                  Broncos 9
                  Storm 9
                  Manly 8
                  Penrith 7
                  Bulldogs 5
                  Roosters 4

But don't worry, nothing to see here. It's all once again just pure coincidence!
                  Its not just about the counts won. I keep saying its more about the when and where a matches penalties are given. I would love to see stats on that.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

Yeah yeah I know he is the NSW and Aussie captain. What has that got to do with our present form? Latest form is what you should take into account. With Angus playing on the left, I haven't seen our attack play so smoothly. When Angus runs the ball on the left side, his supports back him up in anticipation that he will pass the ball. When Boyd runs the ball, they sit back and wait for his quick play the balls to keep the attack going. Different styles, different players. Angus seems to favour the left side pass with his right hand, it seems so natural. When he attempts the same type of pass to the right with his left, it seems clunky.

No player should have a guarantee on any position. Whatever is best for the team. Isn't Boyd capable of playing on the right? After all, he is the NSW and Aussie captain and should be able to adapt. He will probably end up in the front row in a few years. May even prolong his career.

Go the Roosters!

Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Our “present form” is based around beating up on teams like Saints, Gold Coast & Penrith. Bottom 8 sides that had given up the ghost. Robbo himself could have filled in on the left and we still would have won those games.

Fact is Robbo wouldn’t even consider playing Cordner out of position. It wouldn’t even cross his mind. Why even talk about it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Why even talk about it.[/QUOTE]

Because it's an Internet forum and it's what we do.

Comment

Liam Knight passes concussion protocol

george Burgess will play

.......from Skeletors mouth
                          Roosters For Ever

Comment

Great to hear George and Tom are playing. Two guys with little match fitness and already poor handling skills can only be an advantage to us.

Comment

They asked Bennett in today's media what he thought about the book of feuds and whether he'd read it. '... Well, it's quite a big book.' (laughter)

I've always liked Wayne Bennett. Don't get me wrong, I like Robbo more, but it's good that two great clubs with two great coaches get to meet on the big stage again.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post
                                Liam Knight passes concussion protocol

.......from Skeletors mouth
                                Why am I not shocked? Hope NRL has a genuine look at this
                                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Working...
                                X