Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Friday a blessing for us given we rested stars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Friday a blessing for us given we rested stars?

    The more I think about this upcoming final, I'm starting to get confident that we've got a serious shot at nailing these fukkers and setting ourselves up for a pretty darn sweet finals series.

    I reckon the short turnaround (and Burgess being suspended) puts Souffs on the back foot in terms of recovery.

    Latrell (and Manu? I thought he was okay...) have owned the last result and IMO we can expect big games from both. Souffs got away with kicking the ball to Billy Smith every time last game (to avoid Tedesco, Tupou and Latrell doing the kick return). With B-Moz returning and Gagai nursing an injury, I expect out backs to run amok.

    If we win then we maximise our recovery period (Friday game and all) and we're on a pretty sweet GF path because Souffs and the Storm get clumped together in a preliminary final (whereas we're on the easy side of the draw).

    Don't wanna get ahead of myself but I'm picturing last week without the bombed tries and 5 minutes of uniquely poor defence. Add to that picture the SCG, Keary, B-Moz, Tauks, Maubs and Friend... on paper Souffs should be chicken feed.

  • #2
    Souffs will get back a few though, the burgarse twins will be back, so will Roberts who is more threatening than gagai anyway although his defence can be suspect

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not sure that the inclusion of George Burgess will be a good thing for them.

      He hasn't played for over 2 months and wasn't going well anyway.

      If he does play should our players be wearing some glasses as PPE? The sort you'd wear on a mine to protect your eyes.

      At least we won't have to wear hair nets and ball protecting cups with Sam Burgess out.

      Seriously what a degenerate family. I'm also from the North of England and I promise we're not all like that from there.

      But back on point, I agree that it's all set up for us. Robbo has timed our run to perfection and given us every chance of b2b. Now to execute.

      Comment


      • #4
        Time will tell. Although last weeks game was brutal for both sides!
        Red, White and Bluesters!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          If JWH gets off (and he should), I have this gut feeling we are going to really make a statement in this game and win by 24.

          I can't wait to knock off early on Fri and have a few at the Irish pub on the way to the game.

          #EastsToWin

          Comment


          • #6
            When you're top dog, you don't fear anyone.

            We've got the coaches, senior players and all round talent to bring this home.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zac View Post
              When you're top dog, you don't fear anyone.

              We've got the coaches, senior players and all round talent to bring this home.
              Exactly! We’ve been the benchmark all season, ahead of the Storm who had led the comp all season, so if we’re as good as we claim to be then we should be able to beat other teams, no excuses.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
                Souffs will get back a few though, the burgarse twins will be back, so will Roberts who is more threatening than gagai anyway although his defence can be suspect
                Latts owns Roberts. I hope he plays.
                Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by OMR View Post

                  Exactly! We’ve been the benchmark all season, ahead of the Storm who had led the comp all season, so if we’re as good as we claim to be then we should be able to beat other teams, no excuses.
                  Yep, scary to think we havnt hit our straps yet.
                  Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

                    Yep, scary to think we havnt hit our straps yet.
                    Souths played their GF last week. They didnt hold back a thing including trying to smash us. I'm sure they were not expecting to play us again. Now they have to do it all over again. Un farking likely.. Yep same turnaround for both but we had players resting and having babies, lol, and now we have fresh players coming back. GO EASTS. Im thinking Friend will be named at 21 this week.
                    Last edited by PeeGee; 09-10-2019, 12:17 PM.
                    Roosters For Ever

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don’t think the Roosters will lose 2 weeks in a row to the Bunnies but all the top 4 teams can beat each other on their day.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        I don’t think the Roosters will lose 2 weeks in a row to the Bunnies but all the top 4 teams can beat each other on their day.
                        Very true.

                        A few few dark horses in 5-8.

                        They say you need certain things to go your way to win a premiership. I think the Canberra loss to the warriors went our way big time.

                        i do however see codi, cook, and Murray stepping up. I just hope Murray can’t step up anymore, and he cops a few big shots.
                        Last edited by PeeGee; 09-10-2019, 12:44 PM.
                        Roosters For Ever

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

                          Souths played their GF last week. They didnt hold back a thing including trying to smash us. I'm sure they were not expecting to play us again. Now they have to do it all over again. Un farking likely.. Yep same turnaround for both but we had players resting and having babies, lol, and now we have fresh players coming back. GO EASTS. Im thinking Friend will be named at 21 this week.
                          If he is named, I hope its only a smoke and mirrors move by Robbo as I think he will be too underdone for games of this level over the next few weeks and I think Verrills has done enough to stay for just that little bit longer.

                          Maybe he could come out and play 20 each half or something?
                          Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

                            Very true.

                            A few few dark horses in 5-8.

                            They say you need certain things to go your way to win a premiership. I think the Canberra loss to the warriors went our way big time.

                            i do however see codi, cook, and Murray stepping up. I just hope Murray can’t step up anymore, and he cops a few big shots.
                            Hes a crafty little bugger. Just need to get him on his back to nullify his quick ptb's.
                            Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

                              Hes a crafty little bugger. Just need to get him on his back to nullify his quick ptb's.
                              Enter Rads.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Fatal error: Uncaught Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM cacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('node_800497_lvl1data','node_800497_lvl3data','vBAtchmnts_800497','getSearchResults_94d3d22536b7525c4a04586a1c20cbd3','vBAtchmnts_800501','vBAtchmnts_800502','vBAtchmnts_800503','vBAtchmnts_800505','vBAtchmnts_800506','vBAtchmnts_800509','vBAtchmnts_800511','vBAtchmnts_800512','vBAtchmnts_800518','vBAtchmnts_800520','vBAtchmnts_800521','vBAtchmnts_800529','vBAtchmnts_800530','vBAtchmnts_800532','node_800501_lvl3data','node_800502_lvl3data','node_800503_lvl3data','node_800505_lvl3data','node_800506_lvl3data','node_800509_lvl3data','node_800511_lvl3data','node_800512_lvl3data','node_800518_lvl3data','node_800520_lvl3data','node_800521_lvl3data','node_800529_lvl3data','node_800530_lvl3data','node_800532_lvl3data','node_800501_lvl1data','node_800502_lvl1data','node_800503_lvl1data','node_800505_lvl1data','node_800506_lvl1data','node_800509_lvl1data','node_800511_lvl1data','node_800512_lvl1data','node_800518_lvl1data','node_800520 in /home/thechook/public_html/vb5/core/vb/database.php on line 1189