No announcement yet.

How to bring back Friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our defensive line looks so good with Jake, if fit he will start.

We won six straight with Verrills, but so did Victor at hooker earlier this season.

In sudden death footy, Trent will opt for experience and that is where Sam will have to wait. Though if called on, he could start a GF at 9 and win it for us.

Failing that, there is always Manu.
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

We know Jake is a Rooster through and through. For starters its finals he will be rusty and we know his a tackling machine which makes me think and Im hoping it wont happen but if he gets injured again , will throw things in panic mode we lose radley at lock. The bench for the finals will be crucial.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        Whether it’s this game or our next semi its a big ask to expect Friend to come straight into the side and play semi-final pace football without any match fitness.

Do we go in with Friend and Sam V in the 17 or would this be wasting a bench spot seeing Rads can always backup if our hooker was to go down?

I know Friend always gives 100% and would never let the team down but it’s a tough ask of him. And the fact that Sam V is going so well makes it interesting.

I think if Jake is ready he should come straight back into the starting side and I can’t see Sam V in the 17.

Thoughts?
        Unfortunately I don’t think Jake plays, he has missed to much football and is constantly getting re-injured. It is too big a risk for a QF.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
          Our defensive line looks so good with Jake, if fit he will start.

We won six straight with Verrills, but so did Victor at hooker earlier this season.

In sudden death footy, Trent will opt for experience and that is where Sam will have to wait. Though if called on, he could start a GF at 9 and win it for us.

Failing that, there is always Manu.
          It’s. it sudden death this week

Comment

Should the unthinkable happen, we do get another chance

Comment

I'd be more nervous bringing Friend back than leaving Verrills there.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by The Marshall View Post

It’s. it sudden death this week
                It is for Souths I think.

Comment

If Jake is to comeback this year I hope it's this week rather than a sudden death game, I've got complete faith in verills to do the job if Jake can't return.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                    I can’t believe I am saying this but I prefer to play out the season with Verrills.
                    Thats because your are mad.
                    Friend is the best worth a few tries.
                    Sam is gonna be a gun he is tough but cant steer the team yet ..not enough running..not enough support play either and doent have friends kicking game.
                    I would start friend and have sam on the bench
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I wonder if they’ll name Friend early or as a late inclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        On a side note, Verrills hasn't thrown one forward pass from dummy half. Jake throws at least 2 or 3 a game and is lucky that only 1 tends to get pulled up.

If he's super rusty then his selection could be a disaster.
                        Verrills has played 11 games and we've won all but the one last week. His inclusion in this team has been a friggin' godsend! Rads is a terrific player but he is no dummy half. Sam's defence has also been amazing. I'd hesitate to mess with the formula now.

Comment

If Friend was to come back, it would have to be on the bench. But I don't think he'll be back this month, let alone this year. If I'm wrong, I'll welcome back his talent and loyalty to the Roosters.

Comment

I am worried about having to carry Verrils on the bench just in case Friend goes down again. We need the extra forward or utility.

If we dont win the Comp it won't be because thebyoung fella is playing 9.

Having said that it would be great to have our best 17 on the park, even for 1 match.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

What about being ahead of Tets?
                              was thinking the same after last weeks game. He's a bigger body and is just as crazy.

Comment

I think there is a strong chance of Friend returning this week - he was running around in the captains run last week and he wouldn't have done that if the infection was still bad.

If he is ok I'd rather him feature this week rather than a sudden death game

I think Verrills may be unlucky and miss out - Hard to see Butcher or Tetevano being dropped, so mostly likely if Friend needs help Radley will fill in at dummy half

Comment

Working...
                                X