How to bring back Friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bring back Friend?

Whether it’s this game or our next semi its a big ask to expect Friend to come straight into the side and play semi-final pace football without any match fitness.

Do we go in with Friend and Sam V in the 17 or would this be wasting a bench spot seeing Rads can always backup if our hooker was to go down?

I know Friend always gives 100% and would never let the team down but it’s a tough ask of him. And the fact that Sam V is going so well makes it interesting.

I think if Jake is ready he should come straight back into the starting side and I can’t see Sam V in the 17.

Thoughts?

i know it is a waste of bench space , but if friend is fit , i would keep verrills on the bench and bring him on about the 25 min mark , his service is better then friends, but friend is a defensive maestro.

Comment

Yep. If Jake's ready this week, he should go into the 17, with Rads back up dummy half.

If he's not ready this week, and we win to get the week off, I'm hoping he's eligible to play for the Bears (if they're still playing).

If he hasn't played a game by week 3 of the finals and Verrills is playing as well as he's been playing, it's a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
        Yep. If Jake's ready this week, he should go into the 17, with Rads back up dummy half.

If he's not ready this week, and we win to get the week off, I'm hoping he's eligible to play for the Bears (if they're still playing).

If he hasn't played a game by week 3 of the finals and Verrills is playing as well as he's been playing, it's a tough one.
        He won’t be eligible for the Bears having not played at all for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

He won’t be eligible for the Bears having not played at all for them.
          If your NRL team is still live, every player is eligible to play reserves. He'd be eligible to play for the Bears next week. Don't know what happens when your NRL team has the week off.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

If your NRL team is still live, every player is eligible to play reserves. He'd be eligible to play for the Bears next week. Don't know what happens when your NRL team has the week off.
            I’m not so sure about this Zac. I really doubt it. Friend is a prominent
            player. It would be unfair on the opposition if he were allowed to walk into The Bears side after not having ever played for them. I don’t think it would be permitted.

Comment

Ryan Hall played for the Bears. Test player.
              But I'm only going on my understanding of eligibility guidelines - so who knows?

Comment

NorthChook posted the guidelines and, yes, I'm pretty sure all squad members are eligible to play for the Bears in finals matches so long as first grade is still alive.

Comment

Didn't Willie Mason play for Newtown in 2009?

Not a bad idea to get some match fitness.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Bring him back through a guard of honour.

Comment

If JWH is suspended I can see:

8. SST
                      9. Friend
                      10. Liu
                      11. Cordner
                      12. Aubusson
                      13. Radley

14. Tetevano
                      15. Crichton
                      16. Collins
                      17. Verrills

Comment

No need to use up a bench spot on Verrills. Radley to play off the bench as he did on Thursday and ensure he has enough energy to cover for Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                          No need to use up a bench spot on Verrills. Radley to play off the bench as he did on Thursday and ensure he has enough energy to cover for Friend.
                          Radley is the best lock we have.

Asking him to play back up dummy half would be mind boggling.

Comment

I can’t believe I am saying this but I prefer to play out the season with Verrills.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              If JWH is suspended I can see:

8. SST
                              9. Friend
                              10. Liu
                              11. Cordner
                              12. Aubusson
                              13. Radley

14. Tetevano
                              15. Crichton
                              16. Collins
                              17. Verrills
                              Be very surprised if Collins is ahead of Butcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X