2 losses to souffs, not good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 losses to souffs, not good.

this sends a bad image leading into the semis, do they know more than other clubs about how to beat us? IMO Robinson should've been on a killl souffs mission last night, to put them in their place, I know one thing now, I'lll be nervous as sht if we play them in a prelim or a gf. They seem to have our number.

Disagree. We can use the loss as motivation.

No one likes losing, but losing a dead rubber isn't the end of the world. 6 points down and only a few minutes to go, I'm glad we didn't push the game into extra time and wear ourselves out.

Comment

At 10-2 up we should've buried them.

Comment

If they catch the ball, they win.
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Mmmmeh...

They will get trashed by the Storm in Melbourne and the subsequently by an energetic 5-8 team IMO. Not a real threat. I'm sorta bummed that Burgess, Gagai and Knight could be out (giving the Storm a pretty easy job TBH).

Had we not rested 5 or 6 players we woulda won pretty comfortably.

Comment

I would normally be bagging the coach and players for a loss like that. With the last minute loss of Keary, and four other key players out I thought we coped quite well. Souffs had everything to play for and all we had to play for was no more injuries. At full strength we will be too good. Very much looking forward to the grub-on-grub game next week (1v4), unless the Raiders choke against the worriers.

Comment

Two premierships is good Ray. Trust in Trent.

Comment

Robinson's a great coach but Bennett has 20 years on him and I get the feeling that Robbo's intimidated by him, I hope I'm reading this wrong and we put 50 on the mongrels next time we play them.

Comment

I think Ray might be on to something. Bennett seems to love beating us. Smells like 2010 again with the Merge beating us 3-0.
                  Crikey I hate Bennett.
                  If Souffs do beat Melba down there, they will be supremely confident.

Comment

To put it in to perspective Ray - the Roosters played Souths in the first round having come back from England with I think one practice game under their belts. Round 25 the Roosters are missing SST, Keary, Friend, Aubs, Morris, Hall and are coming up off a 5 day turnaround. Also what you should consider is 2nd place was guaranteed so nothing to play for. Robbo may say we like to win every game but we were hardly disgraced. Nothing to be concerned about. I don't care who we play in week one or the rest of the Finals for that matter.
                    Last edited by 7; 09-06-2019, 07:03 PM.
                    "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

No way this Souffs team beats the mighty Roosters 3x in a season.

Robbo went all out in rnd 26, 2014 vs Souffs and it cost us big time.

This time he basically used the match as a trial run.

The man is a coaching genius where as Bennett has ****ed up far more Premiership finals campaigns than he's got right the past 12 odd years.

Comment

Premierships mean a lot more than beating Souths. Still last night was hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                          this sends a bad image leading into the semis, do they know more than other clubs about how to beat us? IMO Robinson should've been on a killl souffs mission last night, to put them in their place, I know one thing now, I'lll be nervous as sht if we play them in a prelim or a gf. They seem to have our number.
                          I agree. Losing to Souffs is bad for our health.

Several on here had written them off but they are the team that worries me the most.

Bennett knows how to beat us. It's a concern.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                            I agree. Losing to Souffs is bad for our health.

Several on here had written them off but they are the team that worries me the most.

Bennett knows how to beat us. It's a concern.
                            I think that is BS and if people are going to say that Bennett has it over Robbo, they need to give the head to head figures. But even if the head to head figures are in Bennett's favour, I still call it BS. Robbo doesn't see it as a battle between himself and Bennett.

Geez, a loss in a meaningless rubber and people think it's the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

I think that is BS and if people are going to say that Bennett has it over Robbo, they need to give the head to head figures. But even if the head to head figures are in Bennett's favour, I still call it BS. Robbo doesn't see it as a battle between himself and Bennett.

Geez, a loss in a meaningless rubber and people think it's the end of the world.
                              I'm happy knowing that my view is seen as bullshit in your world.

All I've said is that I believe Souffs are the team that will stand in our way to going back to back. I couldn't give a rats what you think about that also.

And who said anything about Robbo seeing as a battle between the pair? All I said was that Bennett seems to know how to beat us. Most other coaches don't.

Perhaps you need to chill.
                              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X