No announcement yet.

Ian Schubert facing amputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just had a fatality up this way, poor guy riding a bike was killed. I haven't driven in sydney for yonks but from memory the drivers were ok. Up here some people think they are the only ones on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Indeed.
      The rider's leg is the equivalent of a car's mudguard/door.
      No protection.
      Very risky riding motorbikes
      Wish Radley and JWH would ditch theirs in favour of a Volvo or RAM truck.
      Actually i think JWH has a pimpin truck, it could be a RAM?

Comment

Originally posted by Renman View Post

Actually, its another example of how careless some car drivers are. As a bike rider I am constantly amazed by the how wilfully some drivers do not consider riders and do not believe in giving way when they should because its a bike.

People pulling out in front of you is the most common and, when you inform them of the error of their ways, they always say the same thing.. oh, I didn't see you. FFS I am 108 kg on a loud red bike with its light on.
        Yeah, you didn't see me because you didn't look!
        Get well Shuey
        Exactly! The problem with riding a motorbike are the idiot distracted car drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
          We just had a fatality up this way, poor guy riding a bike was killed. I haven't driven in sydney for yonks but from memory the drivers were ok. Up here some people think they are the only ones on the road.
          I feel for anybody who dies or has a serious injury. Without suggesting either this person or Ian were riding recklessly, motorbike riders do seem to be a particularly fast, reckless group of road users (literally as I thumb this out during my bus ride, there's a dude going ~120km/h through a school zone (I'm outside Radford, near the Raiders' home stadium) on his motorcycle. He made a hell of a lot of noise and would for sure be a fatality if he came off. I encourage all riders to slow the fark down and be more careful (rather than blaming drivers for their woes), particularly given they are vulnerable and only have 2 wheels.
          Last edited by ism22; 09-04-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Renman View Post

Actually, its another example of how careless some car drivers are. As a bike rider I am constantly amazed by the how wilfully some drivers do not consider riders and do not believe in giving way when they should because its a bike.

People pulling out in front of you is the most common and, when you inform them of the error of their ways, they always say the same thing.. oh, I didn't see you. FFS I am 108 kg on a loud red bike with its light on.
            Yeah, you didn't see me because you didn't look!
            Get well Shuey
            You could be the most careful rider in the world, the problem is when something goes wrong it goes very wrong. Cars don't check blind spots, pull out in front of you, all sorts of things. I am a Fire Fighter now and have seen some really bad stuff. Both with cars and motor bikes. The thing is I have seen cars crunched up into a mess and the driver walks away, not the same with a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Actually i think JWH has a pimpin truck, it could be a RAM?
              Great news.

Now all Radley has to do is get rid of his bike and I'll be happy.
              He could be just as happy driving an "eat utes for breakfast" truck or a nice red Volvo.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I feel for anybody who dies or has a serious injury. Without suggesting either this person or Ian were riding recklessly, motorbike riders do seem to be a particularly fast, reckless group of road users (literally as I thumb this out during my bus ride, there's a dude going ~120km/h through a school zone (I'm outside Radford, near the Raiders' home stadium) on his motorcycle. He made a hell of a lot of noise and would for sure be a fatality if he came off. I encourage all riders to slow the fark down and be more careful (rather than blaming drivers for their woes), particularly given they are vulnerable and only have 2 wheels.
                "Temporary citizens" is one description of motor bike riders some people use.

Comment

According to Trent in the Roosters media interview, Ian has had his second operation and it appears things are going well so far.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...dia--round-25/

Comment

Schuey...legend
                    Trent.....legend

Comment

Working...
                    X