Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

I have to agree with you mate.

It's great that Warner and Smith support the Roosters. Good on them for choosing the right team. But this isn't about who they support.

IMO Smith, Warner and Bancroft all got off lightly. Cheating is cheating. Those Pakistan players hadn't been paid for 6 months and so bowled a couple of no balls for cash. They disadvantaged their team by 2 runs (hardly match defining) but rightly so were suspended for 5-10 years. I repeat cheating is cheating. Smith and Warner were tryimg to alter the course of a match yet only got 1 year. Give me a break, they got off very lightly
    Only one year?

Klein and Cummins do it every week and have never been punished.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Only one year?

Klein and Cummins do it every week and have never been punished.
      Lol

Comment

You've got to look at what the normal punishments are for ball tampering. They're not a year, more like a match or two. Thing is ball tampering happens every game. Player deliberately throws the ball into the keeper on the bounce? Ball tampering. Sure, our guys did it more stupidly.

Cheating used to happen every match as well. Snick a ball to the keeper and don't walk? Cheating.

Cheating happens every NRL game. Milk a penalty? Cheating. If cheating is cheating and every guy who does it is banned for more than a year, you won't have any one playing.

I would have been happy if we'd accepted the ICC's authority on this matter, a ban of a Test or two, but then banned them from leadership positions in the Australian cricket team for at least a year. You can't have your leaders behaving like that. That said, the fact that they were banned from Test cricket for a full year - the harshest penalty ever handed out for ball tampering, at the cost of millions for the players - has meant that they can come back to the game with a clean slate (in my book, at least!)

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          No time for Steve Smith. Don't care he follows the Roosters. He's a cheat and a sook as is Warner. Brilliant batsmen yes, but it stops there. If Smith followed the Rabbitohs, how many here would be calling for his head?
          Amazing how reverse swing has disappeared in world cricket since that incident

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post

Amazing how reverse swing has disappeared in world cricket since that incident
            Yeah spot on Ticket- they were all doing it - saying a year is too light is ridiculous superman - unless you are saying we should completely ignore precedent.

Faf as captain of south Africa has been done on ball tampering (and that’s what they did) twice and got a match both times. It’s cheating I suppose superman but cheating in the same vein as laying down in a tackle when your not really hurt - it’s dishonest. But **** every team is/was doing it. Afridi was biting the ball - got caught banned for two T20 yep that’s right 80 overs of cricket not even one day of a test match.

Get down off your high horse!

Comment

And you can’t compare an incident where people bend or break the rules to gain an advantage to win and one where they intentionally play below their best to win a bet and profit be it for a ball or two or a match.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Why? I love it.

He’s a huge fan.
                I just don't like the bloke.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

We have Malcolm Turnbull as a Roosters follower. Mainly because his seat was here. We also have prominent Sydney businessman John Ibrahim as a fan.

Comment

Firstly, I think it is difficult to compare lying down in a tackle to changing the condition of a cricket ball. They are two different things. I agree with you that both are dishonest. While I don't like seeing players milking penalties, many people call that gamesmanship not cheating. It's like sledging a player. It's not a good look, you should not do it, but it's not against the rules.

Maybe I'm being harsh (it's just my opinion) but I stand by my view that the players got off lightly. Especially when you consider the negativity it brought to the game Thanks for the references to Faf and Afridi - I think that they got off way to lightly as well. The precedent was way too light. Just because everyone was doing/does the wrong thing, it doesn't mean that it is right. Cricket Australia set a new precedent and hopefully cricket players will think twice before attempting to cheat by tampering with the ball.

Comment

Yes that is right CA set a new precedent and hopefully that will stop the rot I agree.

But still to say say they got off lightly and got a year and others got a game or two for the same offence I will have to agree to disagree on that. Compared to others they have been hammered.

It looks to me they have learnt a valuable lesson - Warner is a different person on the field these days but it seems to have destroyed his mojo - hopefully that’s just temporary and he is due this next test.

Comment

Cricket died when we lost Garner, Richards, Holding, Marshall, Haynes and Dujon in the space of a decade. It didn't matter if we lost as long as we got to watch them play.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Coolah mate, central west NSW.

Good thing was we never had to indicate as everyone knew where you were going.
                          How did the Roosters come into your life growing up in Coolah?

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                            Cricket died when we lost Garner, Richards, Holding, Marshall, Haynes and Dujon in the space of a decade. It didn't matter if we lost as long as we got to watch them play.

Chook.
                            Brilliant Chook! My greatest memories of Cricket was watching the West Indies in all their glory in the late 70's and the early to mid 80's. And you can throw in Greenidge, Lloyd and Richardson in there as well.
                            "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

In 1982 when I was 15 myself & two guys I went to school with attended a few day, nighters at the SCG without our parents. What an experience for 3 x 15 year olds. General admission was the hill area & mate the hill was a law unto itself.There were beer can fights with full cans made of steel & there could be up to 100 cans in the air being thrown between 2 sections of the crowd, dangerous. Fights galore & we saw heaps of blokes being carted off by the police & viciously thrown into the back of bum wagon.
                              When there was just Test match cricket & the day nighters you knew all the players from not only Australia but also the players from what ever country was visiting but now with the introduction of 20/20 cricket & cricket being played non stop it became to hard to keep up & the interest wavered. I still enjoy Test cricket & the one dayers but I cant cop the 20/20 sh!t. 20/20 farked it. India farked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                In 1982 when I was 15 myself & two guys I went to school with attended a few day, nighters at the SCG without our parents. What an experience for 3 x 15 year olds. General admission was the hill area & mate the hill was a law unto itself.There were beer can fights with full cans made of steel & there could be up to 100 cans in the air being thrown between 2 sections of the crowd, dangerous. Fights galore & we saw heaps of blokes being carted off by the police & viciously thrown into the back of bum wagon.
                                When there was just Test match cricket & the day nighters you knew all the players from not only Australia but also the players from what ever country was visiting but now with the introduction of 20/20 cricket & cricket being played non stop it became to hard to keep up & the interest wavered. I still enjoy Test cricket & the one dayers but I cant cop the 20/20 sh!t. 20/20 farked it. India farked it.
                                I don't think India stuffed it up. India is keeping the game alive financially. Just like Fox and the betting agencies are with RL. Agree though there is too much useless 20/20 being played. Give me 5 days of test cricket any day

Comment

Working...
                                X