Clear All

• Steve Smith Rooster

How cool is Steve Smith:

Woke up to this on his Twitter:

Steve Smith

@stevesmith49
    I’ll be back in time for the finals
    @sydneyroosters

https://instagram.com/p/B1tTXsUHx2T/?igshid=klpgum4f1qys…
    10:36 PM · Aug 28, 2019·Instagram

https://twitter.com/stevesmith49/sta...636255233?s=20

I haven't been a fan of cricket for decades (used to like it as much as league) but I have a lot of time for this guy. I have seen both him and Dave Warner at games. Both Easts tragics from childhood.

And as a bonus we just got 30,000,000 Indian members...

also, Virat is a fan, thanks to young Angus

Comment

Great cut out pass from Steve on the instagram link.

Comment

NIce. Its great to see high profile Roosters supporters. I used to love the cricket too Johnny Tobin. A lot of people seem to have lost interest in cricket. For me it was when they just started playing so often that it became hard to keep up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
          NIce. Its great to see high profile Roosters supporters. I used to love the cricket too Johnny Tobin. A lot of people seem to have lost interest in cricket. For me it was when they just started playing so often that it became hard to keep up with.
          I can't pinpoint the time but maybe it was when Australia was too good for everyone else.

Comment

Keary out
            Smiths in
            Finals solved

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I can't pinpoint the time but maybe it was when Australia was too good for everyone else.
              Me too...although mine was more of a falling out of love with the Aussie cricket team dating back to the Lillee/Marsh days. It was my first taste of poor sportsmanship at the elite level and didn't sit well obviously. Then later Steve Waugh and co. continued the sledgefest if not worse.

I'm a pretty patriotic cat but was not when it came to Aussie cricket. I was a Windies disciple with Viv my hero. Growing up in a small country town in the 60s/70s it was footy in the winter and cricket in the summer. Not much more both playing and watching. Life was simple.

Yeah somewhere along the way I reckon Aussie cricket lost a generation of passionate local support, rightly or wrongly.

Now cricket just bores me. I barely know the players.

Comment

Cricket is only there to pass the time when there is no footy on

Comment

It's a shame Warner goes for the Chooks.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

No time for Steve Smith. Don't care he follows the Roosters. He's a cheat and a sook as is Warner. Brilliant batsmen yes, but it stops there. If Smith followed the Rabbitohs, how many here would be calling for his head?
                    "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Wow. Australia's two best batsmen of the last decade and some here are taking cheap pot shots. I love watching both of them bat.

They did the wrong thing, were punished (excessively) for it, and have done their time. Time to move on. You guys are worse than the boo-ers at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                        Wow. Australia's two best batsmen of the last decade and some here are taking cheap pot shots. I love watching both of them bat.

They did the wrong thing, were punished (excessively) for it, and have done their time. Time to move on. You guys are worse than the boo-ers at the game.
                        You may love watching them bat but it's hardly a cheap shot? More a reality check. Punished excessively? Smith (as Captain at the time) would consider himself very, very lucky for the minimalist time he got.
                        "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

i dont mind smith, but warner can go support brisbane or souths or melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post

You may love watching them bat but it's hardly a cheap shot? More a reality check. Punished excessively? Smith (as Captain at the time) would consider himself very, very lucky for the minimalist time he got.
                            The ICC - the peak body - suspended him for what, one test? But he ends up getting the longest suspension ever recorded for ball tampering. Hardly minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Me too...although mine was more of a falling out of love with the Aussie cricket team dating back to the Lillee/Marsh days. It was my first taste of poor sportsmanship at the elite level and didn't sit well obviously. Then later Steve Waugh and co. continued the sledgefest if not worse.

I'm a pretty patriotic cat but was not when it came to Aussie cricket. I was a Windies disciple with Viv my hero. Growing up in a small country town in the 60s/70s it was footy in the winter and cricket in the summer. Not much more both playing and watching. Life was simple.

Yeah somewhere along the way I reckon Aussie cricket lost a generation of passionate local support, rightly or wrongly.

Now cricket just bores me. I barely know the players.
                              Just wondering JFC which town if you dont mind me asking.

Comment

Working...
                              X