Cord's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    ... Playing off the bench in the middle simplifies his game in the mean time and as Robbo has eluded to gets him to understand how the team operates ...
    You're using it wrong.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Alluded*

Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
        Crichton comes off the bench when Cordner returns for mine.

Radley is crucial at lock and our right edge has looked it's best with Radley at lock and Maubs on the right edge.

Maubs gives Cronk the structure he needs to play with and Radley allows him more space and time by shifting him 2 passes deep and a little wider of the ruck.

Crichton still isn't structured enough to play on an edge in Robbo's team. He is showing good signs of progression and his time in the middle seems to have made his running game a lot more direct and aggressive but we are a month out from finals and 2 good games is when he had played 12 sub par ones prior is far too small of a sample size to go changing combinations again.

In the back end of last year when Robbo was trying to make our right edge click it was Aubusson who he shifted to the right edge and it worked for him. He did the same this year by moving Crichton and playing Aubusson. Since doing so our right edge has undeniably looked better.

Crichton was very good off the bench for us and he can be a weapon there for us come finals time but I don't think we will see the best from Crichton in the second row until next year when he has another off season to fine tune his craft.

The exciting part of Crichton is if he can build that base he has some unstructured footy in him that could lift our attacking game to another level. But fundamentaly he needs to be running the right lines, timing his runs off his half and understanding when the team needs a hit up, decoy or a little bit of creativity.

The issue has never been that he doesn't inject himself into a game it's how he injects himself and when.

Playing off the bench in the middle simplifies his game in the mean time and as Robbo has eluded to gets him to understand how the team operates from the organisation of a transition set, yardage set or good ball set.
        What does this mean?

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

So, based on the team line-up today, it looks like Aubo holds his spot on the right edge.

Wonder if that's how they line up?
          Originally posted by jism
          I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
            Mickie cords were squeaky when you walked in them, paired with your dessert boots you were the bee's knees?
            Desert boots! I got a pair in yr3 and I thought I was the worlds greatest explorer wandering through the bush near my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post
              So, based on the team line-up today, it looks like Aubo holds his spot on the right edge.

Wonder if that's how they line up?
              I think the 17 named are in the right order as well.

No late changes?

Comment

Would be a very rare thing for Robbo to start with the Tuesday team. Has that happened all season?

Comment

We won without Cordner. He comes back and we don't win. Missed another crucial tackle in a big game.
                  That left side is a problem, put Angus back there and Cord's off the bench.

Comment

Working...
                  X