Cord's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cord's

Good to see the Machine back, but where does he play? Mullet has looked good on the left edge.

Naturally one would assume the Machine goes back to the left edge and Mullet to middle. Despite suggestions that Mullet play right edge and Aubbo goes to the bench, I'm not so sure. Aubbo and Morris have made the right edge immense in defense (), and I don't think Robbo will mess with that.

Is it possible Cords goes to 13? Whatdayareckon?

TIT.
    Originally posted by jism
    I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

What you been smoking Flipper Brain?

Comment

Do you remember the old cords, corduroy pants?
      How cool were they.
      Then there was the cord shorts, Quicksilver.
      Hope that helps.

Comment

Mickie cords were squeaky when you walked in them, paired with your dessert boots you were the bee's knees?

Comment

One time I drove over an electrical cord in Kings Cross, severing it, and the guy who was part of the work team that had put it there went to pick it up, but stopped when I asked him if he knew whether the power was off. Some people aren't too bright.

You'd figure Crichton has probably earned a starting spot, so he'll probably be on the right. Radley's going great in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            What you been smoking Flipper Brain?
            The good stuff apparently Maybe maybe my man love for Aubbo is crossing the line.

So where does Crichton go?
            Last edited by Flipper Hands; 08-13-2019, 10:29 PM.
            I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
              You'd figure Crichton has probably earned a starting spot, so he'll probably be on the right. Radley's going great in 13.
              Maybe, like I said, I dunno. Mullet was not great on that edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                Do you remember the old cords, corduroy pants?
                How cool were they.
                Then there was the cord shorts, Quicksilver.
                Hope that helps.
                I do, I believe I had a couple pair. Remember that noise.......

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

The good stuff apparently Maybe maybe my man love for Aubbo is crossing the line.

So where does Crichton go?
                  13 Rad
                  12 Angus
                  11 Cords

Aubo bench

Itís as simple as that Flips.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                    Mickie cords were squeaky when you walked in them,
                    much like George Costanza's suit that 'swooshed' when he went for his job interview !

Comment

Maybe, like I said, I dunno. Mullet was not great on that edge.
                      On the one hand - if Robbo wanted Angus to play on the right you'd figure he would have played him on the right while Cords was out. Aubo could have played on the left.

On the other hand - at that stage it wasn't clear cut that Angus was going to start for us when Cords came back and Robbo might have felt comfortable leaving Aubo on the right and thought playing Angus on the left might have been a kind of circuit breaker for him.

Comment

Good to see the Machine back, but where does he play? Mullet has looked good on the left edge.

Naturally one would assume the Machine goes back to the left edge and Mullet to middle. Despite suggestions that Mullet play right edge and Aubbo goes to the bench, I'm not so sure. Aubbo and Morris have made the right edge immense in defense (), and I don't think Robbo will mess with that.

Is it possible Cords goes to 13? Whatdayareckon?

TIT.
                        It's the catch ay?

Cords to #11 and Friend to #9 (for finals) looks better on paper but isn't without its risks.

On the one hand - if Robbo wanted Angus to play on the right you'd figure he would have played him on the right while Cords was out. Aubo could have played on the left.

On the other hand - at that stage it wasn't clear cut that Angus was going to start for us when Cords came back and Robbo might have felt comfortable leaving Aubo on the right and thought playing Angus on the left might have been a kind of circuit breaker for him.
                        Does the left improve you rather than vice versa? Our left is pretty good...

Comment

Crichton comes off the bench when Cordner returns for mine.

Radley is crucial at lock and our right edge has looked it's best with Radley at lock and Maubs on the right edge.

Maubs gives Cronk the structure he needs to play with and Radley allows him more space and time by shifting him 2 passes deep and a little wider of the ruck.

Crichton still isn't structured enough to play on an edge in Robbo's team. He is showing good signs of progression and his time in the middle seems to have made his running game a lot more direct and aggressive but we are a month out from finals and 2 good games is when he had played 12 sub par ones prior is far too small of a sample size to go changing combinations again.

In the back end of last year when Robbo was trying to make our right edge click it was Aubusson who he shifted to the right edge and it worked for him. He did the same this year by moving Crichton and playing Aubusson. Since doing so our right edge has undeniably looked better.

Crichton was very good off the bench for us and he can be a weapon there for us come finals time but I don't think we will see the best from Crichton in the second row until next year when he has another off season to fine tune his craft.

The exciting part of Crichton is if he can build that base he has some unstructured footy in him that could lift our attacking game to another level. But fundamentaly he needs to be running the right lines, timing his runs off his half and understanding when the team needs a hit up, decoy or a little bit of creativity.

The issue has never been that he doesn't inject himself into a game it's how he injects himself and when.

Playing off the bench in the middle simplifies his game in the mean time and as Robbo has eluded to gets him to understand how the team operates from the organisation of a transition set, yardage set or good ball set.

Comment

Crichton came out in the press and said he was an exclusive right side edge player. That pissed Trent off.

Since then, he lost his Origin spot, was benched and forced to play in the middle and now on the left. Trent has said that Angus needs to learn to play a few positions. And it has worked with Angus finding form at the end of season.

Well done to coach and player
                            Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                              Crichton comes off the bench when Cordner returns for mine.

Radley is crucial at lock and our right edge has looked it's best with Radley at lock and Maubs on the right edge.

Maubs gives Cronk the structure he needs to play with and Radley allows him more space and time by shifting him 2 passes deep and a little wider of the ruck.

Crichton still isn't structured enough to play on an edge in Robbo's team. He is showing good signs of progression and his time in the middle seems to have made his running game a lot more direct and aggressive but we are a month out from finals and 2 good games is when he had played 12 sub par ones prior is far too small of a sample size to go changing combinations again.

In the back end of last year when Robbo was trying to make our right edge click it was Aubusson who he shifted to the right edge and it worked for him. He did the same this year by moving Crichton and playing Aubusson. Since doing so our right edge has undeniably looked better.

Crichton was very good off the bench for us and he can be a weapon there for us come finals time but I don't think we will see the best from Crichton in the second row until next year when he has another off season to fine tune his craft.

The exciting part of Crichton is if he can build that base he has some unstructured footy in him that could lift our attacking game to another level. But fundamentaly he needs to be running the right lines, timing his runs off his half and understanding when the team needs a hit up, decoy or a little bit of creativity.

The issue has never been that he doesn't inject himself into a game it's how he injects himself and when.

Playing off the bench in the middle simplifies his game in the mean time and as Robbo has eluded to gets him to understand how the team operates from the organisation of a transition set, yardage set or good ball set.
                              Not for mine. Angus runs on. Aubbo to the bench.

Comment

Working...
                              X