Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Betting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Betting

    Sydney Roosters 2.65
    Melbourne Storm 3.00
    Canberra Raiders 10.00
    South Sydney Rabbitohs 10.00
    Manly Sea Eagles 12.00
    Parramatta Eels 15.00
    Cronulla Sharks 29.00
    Penrith Panthers 29.00
    Brisbane Broncos 51.00
    Wests Tigers 151.00
    New Zealand Warriors 251.00
    Newcastle Knights 251.0

    Latest market - bookies have a 2 horse race basically. Can't believe how short we are this far out.

  • #2
    I don't bet and when I do I don't take those sorts of odds.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah why us rather than the Storm?

      I mean we had a mad win against the Titans but they are kinda shyte. The Raiders at home was a big win but again... Sticky reckons his boys proved they could beat anybody in a GF during that game.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ism22 View Post
        Yeah why us rather than the Storm?

        I mean we had a mad win against the Titans but they are kinda shyte. The Raiders at home was a big win but again... Sticky reckons his boys proved they could beat anybody in a GF during that game.
        Not sure how losing proves you can win, but that’s Sticky for you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Seems punters aren’t falling for this Canberra as a premiership threat bullshit.

          Comment


          • #6
            If you can't beat the Roosters at home with 58% possession then freaking good luck beating them in a finals match in Sydney.

            The Raiders are almost no hope.

            This comp is a 2-horse race between the Roosters and injuries & hunger.

            Comment


            • #7
              I could be wrong but I don't think we got bigger odds than $3.50 during the whole year....stingy bloody satchel swingers.
              To our fans we tell you
              If you have not been told
              We play this game for all of us
              We play it from the soul!

              (Jack Gibson, 2002)

              Comment


              • #8
                Melbourne were pretty hot favourites to beat us in the big one last year. Means nothing really.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  If you can't beat the Roosters at home with 58% possession then freaking good luck beating them in a finals match in Sydney.

                  The Raiders are almost no hope.

                  This comp is a 2-horse race between the Roosters and injuries & hunger.
                  It is the only thing that can beat the Roosters. I think they have to have Friend fit to win the comp.
                  Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                  Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

                  Chook.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Based on everyone having a full strength team come semis I think Manly are overs and Storm are unders.
                    Roosters are fair value.

                    I wouldn't touch Souths or Canberra.

                    Parra down should all be 330/1.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by player 1 View Post


                      Latest market - bookies have a 2 horse race basically. Can't believe how short we are this far out.
                      brother look what we’re doing to opponents when we’re up for it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                        Yeah why us rather than the Storm?

                        I mean we had a mad win against the Titans but they are kinda shyte. The Raiders at home was a big win but again... Sticky reckons his boys proved they could beat anybody in a GF during that game.
                        It’s because the market is based on all the betting from when the final whistle went in last years GF. It’s the weight of money bet on the Roosters early and the Storm have slowly through the flow of bets on them through the season closed the gap.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Horrible odds for Easts and Melbourne. Both are one or two injuries away from disaster.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Saw Toddles' new add for a betting company on my tv yesterday....then he and his mum were on A Current Affair last night.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                              Based on everyone having a full strength team come semis I think Manly are overs and Storm are unders.
                              Roosters are fair value.

                              I wouldn't touch Souths or Canberra.

                              Parra down should all be 330/1.
                              I still think Parra are shit. A semi against them would be a gift.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X