Love this move by the club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this move by the club

While I know some here aren't the biggest fans of the NRLW comp, but I'm a big fan of how the club has embraced having a team in the NRLW competition, like everything the club takes on they do it in a professional manner to try and get the best outcome possible.

Without question Uncle Nick/Robbo are making a big effort to make the girls feel like they are a huge part of this club, and I also have no doubt they are going all out to win the NRLW competition this year.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...t-to-remember/

Fletch, that look on Simaima's face when she is sitting next to Jake, it shows a lot about that moment and what it meant to her.

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
      Fletch, that look on Simaima's face when she is sitting next to Jake, it shows a lot about that moment and what it meant to her.
      Also another great article on NRL.com today about another one of our NRLW players Kirra Dibb who was a massive Roosters/Freddy fan when she was younger.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/13/...ers-nrlw-star/

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
        While I know some here aren't the biggest fans of the NRLW comp, but I'm a big fan of how the club has embraced having a team in the NRLW competition, like everything the club takes on they do it in a professional manner to try and get the best outcome possible.

Without question Uncle Nick/Robbo are making a big effort to make the girls feel like they are a huge part of this club, and I also have no doubt they are going all out to win the NRLW competition this year.

That's absolutely awesome. Thanks for sharing.

God damn I love this club. They truly are a family and community orientated club.

Comment

That's pretty good.

I met her before the first grade GF out an ANZ last year. She was cool. Said we'd smash them. She was right.

Comment

No time for it.

Comment

That comp needs to be longer though. They ought to support it more.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

Not sure about everyone being on board including Nick and Robbo.

The idea came from the sponsor Steggles to have the woman's team names on the men's jersey this year. I don't like it, but hey I am not the sponsor.

I am guessing that most of the players and their wives/daughters/mums/grandmas would have preferred to have one of their own family members like previous years on the front of the jersey.

Comment

I think this competition is great and I hope it's here to stay. Hopefully the NRL can find away to make it longer and include more teams

Comment

If you look at the Chookpen as an example, we could probably make it easier for female supporters to feel more at home. (What's the male/female ratio here?) Establishing and encouraging our women's team shows we're serious about growing our base.

The players have conflicting choices about which name to wear, so some might like the idea of the choice being taken out of their hands for this year.

Comment

The female game is growing and not just in numbers. The NSW Harvey norman comp increased by 2 teams but the standard across the teams improved a huge amount.

I also think the Roosters WNRL team will go one better this year with a more athletic and fitter side this year
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

No disrespect to any of the girls but I would rather they pump money into having there own reserve grade team.

Comment

got to be honest... couldnt really care less about the womens competition.. i dont wish bad on it or anything i just dont have any real urge to watch it even if they are wearing the red white and blue.
                          My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                          My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                            I think this competition is great and I hope it's here to stay. Hopefully the NRL can find away to make it longer and include more teams

Until every club has a team it can't be embraced by all clubs, all fans.

Comment

I don't like women getting smashed in tackles, getting scarred [a man can get away with having a baseball stitching scar down his face...one young boy told the Big Marn in a Footy Show segment "Chics love scars"...but it doesn't look too good on a woman's face.

A woman going to the Ball with her hair up, and cauliflower ears...no thank you.

Yes I know..."Life is a not a beauty contest". [It is really though, beautiful people have a walk-up start]

I don't like women drinking beer either...so I guess I'm a dinosaur.
                              Last edited by bondi.boy; 08-15-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X