One on one stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One on one stripping

My opinion on the current rule regarding stripping, this could really get out of hand (pardon the pun).
    It might be OK at the moment, but what will the game become, if this now is the focus of training for all teams going forward.

What we will see - instead of tacking the opponent, we start to see two men wrestling for a ball for 30 seconds while everyone else just waits to see the result,
    Even attackers on the ground aren't safe, defenders won't tackle they will just strip and shake.
    Again the smaller players will be at a disadvantage.

It might be insignificant at the moment, but going forward I think this will become commonplace.
    Is that what we want too see?

I remember when rugby league was once a contest for the ball.

Comment

Refs already can’t keep up and now they have to watch the ball the whole time to see if a second player has a finger left in there. It’s shiit.

Comment

If a player with the ball hangs onto a tackler does that mean there are still two in the tackle? Maybe there's room to manoeuvre and get a penalty for a strip when they try to drop off.

Comment

NRL need to go back to the original intent of the rule. That is, when an attacker breaks free from a tackle then treat it like he was never tackled in the first place. This is very different to defenders intentionally dropping off the tackle.

In the meantime, Robbo should wake up and take advantage. We have struggled against teams with an offload. Train our boys to target offloaders the same way the opposition have been targeting our offloaders.

Comment

I thought the strip had to happen while players were still standing. I’m certain we were stripped in the first half while on the ground.

Can it be done while on the ground now?
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Genuine 1-on-1 stripping of the ball is great but these 3-on-1 spit roasts are an absolute shambles.

So just change the rule back to what it once was, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                I thought the strip had to happen while players were still standing. I’m certain we were stripped in the first half while on the ground.

Can it be done while on the ground now?
                A couple have been while the player has been on the ground, i assume the player is not touched and only the ball.
                Others have been stripped when falling to the ground during the tackle,
                It seems to be allowed until the ref says "held" in many cases

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                  I remember when rugby league was once a contest for the ball.
                  I remember too,
                  Contested scrums, raking for the ball at the play the ball and stripping.
                  However I am worried ball stripping will become a lot more common until almost every tackle becomes a ball strip attempt
                  Fullbacks will have to be careful as they will be targeted when trapped in goal

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    Genuine 1-on-1 stripping of the ball is great but these 3-on-1 spit roasts are an absolute shambles.

Agree, however I think it should become a instant clear strip of the ball, and not a tug of war between two players.
                    Sometimes we see two players on the ground both claiming they have control of the ball, and in this case in my opinion, it should stay with the attacking team
                    Last edited by "gaz"; 08-13-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

This
                      Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

I thought this was a Johnnie Tobin thread when I saw the title
                        barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                          NRL need to go back to the original intent of the rule. That is, when an attacker breaks free from a tackle then treat it like he was never tackled in the first place. This is very different to defenders intentionally dropping off the tackle.

In the meantime, Robbo should wake up and take advantage. We have struggled against teams with an offload. Train our boys to target offloaders the same way the opposition have been targeting our offloaders.
                          Totally agree with dice here. The NRL need to clarify the rule so that teams like the faiders (read hodgson) can stop corrupting the original intent.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Cant stand anything that may lead to surrender tackles and less "footy" being played!!! This will be the result of this rule. I love the way our guys run for metres not just play the ball speed. I keep saying it, footy is about what you do when the ball clears the ruck...how you use it with runners and off loads to scatter the defence...the off load will die now!!!
                            Its not about getting to the ground first (even thought hat is the tactic now) and letting your dummy half run wild. That's touch football!!! It SUX!!!! That's what will happen now with players too scare to try to gain metres or off load.

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post

I remember too,
                              Contested scrums, raking for the ball at the play the ball and stripping.
                              However I am worried ball stripping will become a w more common until almost every tackle becomes a ball strip attempt
                              Fullbacks will have to be careful as they will be targeted when trapped in goal
                              If ball stripping becomes more common then coaches will coach their players anti stripping techniques.

Comment

Working...
                              X