Angus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angus

Boy he has stepped up his game another gear the past few weeks.
    I think we are all starting to see the real Angus we paid top $$ for and boy is he looking impressive. Can find a tackle bust and it's a shame he had no support yesterday as we could have iced off the raiders earlier.
    His running game looks very strong and he is hitting hard in D too.
    If he can maintain that sort of consistency, wait until Cords and Teks come back we will be hard to beat! He will make their workload significantly less.

Would also like to see a few haters silenced around here if he can propel us to another premiership. he will be key.

Totally agree Nigel, as usual there were a few too quick off the mark to bag him.

Comment

Didn't overplay his hand too early, did the hard work, and ready to play his part for the team.

Comment

You just had to look at the analytics/statistics of his earlier season form to realize his form wasn't that bad, also thought being stuck on the right edge of a left dominated team didn't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
          You just had to look at the analytics/statistics of his earlier season form to realize his form wasn't that bad, also thought being stuck on the right edge of a left dominated team didn't help either.
          Well said Fletch. Angus wouldn't know how too play a bad game, he's too dedicated to success. Looks a very powerful edge runner when he has a little room to move. Apart from being neglected our right edge, early on, played a fairly cramped formation. Compared to the left, the right players had standing starts, right out to Hall's wing. Teddy is doing a lot to remedy that and promote some faster ball movement there. Manu and Morris are benefiting, but still a lot to be accomplished.

Comment

i was thinking, we miss the long kicking game of pearce as well as the extra yardage from penalty kicks, do we realize Angus played as a rugby center and as such has a very long kick! well worth trying out at training?

Comment

Funnily enough the last few weeks they seem to be going right more.

Comment

A Robbo masterstroke to bench him and play him in the middle for a couple of months then bring him back in hungry for the finals. Surely handbrake Aubbo has to go to the bench and Angus gets the 12 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  A Robbo masterstroke to bench him and play him in the middle for a couple of months then bring him back in hungry for the finals. Surely handbrake Aubbo has to go to the bench and Angus gets the 12 now.
                  Good comment Johnny,
                  I defended Angus on here when he was copping it. Yes he wasn't setting the world on fire early and I was never really convinced we should have signed him at the time but since he was moved to the middle he has been really good and now filling in for Cords has been awesome.
                  I think he will slot back on the right side with super sub Maubs back to the bench.

Comment

Angus was always more dangerous for Souths on the fringes. Playing him in the middle might have hurt his highlight reel but has probably toughened him up a little. I would definitely like to see him on the right edge, his usual position and see what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                      i was thinking, we miss the long kicking game of pearce as well as the extra yardage from penalty kicks, do we realize Angus played as a rugby center and as such has a very long kick! well worth trying out at training?
                      We have our third string kicker all sorted bud........JWH!!
                      Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Angus might find himself with more support in future games. Great to see his form getting better week by week.

Comment

Don't think we will see the best of him until next season. He's starting to understand his role much better but still some fine tuning to go.

It will be interesting to see where he plays when Cordner comes back, I'm not convinced Robbo will shift him back into the second row.

Comment

Nah he was poor and his stats showed it. Even he has come and said it. Robbo has come out and said it.

Comment

Angus is a gun footy player. Always has been.

That whole right edge was starved of the footy.

He just needed an oil change and a tune up and now he's ready to fire.

The finals are on the horizon and he's hitting peak form just as Cooper did last year.

Shock horror. Trust in the talent. Trust in Trent.

Comment

Working...
                              X