Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Man you're one of those dudes!!!

Cars since the mid 90's have had cruise control. Heard of it? Basically when you are on a long road you set it to 110. That way you never catch 'slower drivers' (i.e. people sticking to the limit) so there's less congestion + you don't get all frustrated about them 'slowing you down'. Also, you don't have to watch your speedo because it can't go above 110. Revolutionary, I know.
    Yep ive heard of it and nope i'm not one of those dudes, my car hasn't got cruise control, it is a 2005 Holden Cruze and doesn't have cruise control, so get off your high horse
    Last edited by horrie hastings; 08-10-2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Man you're one of those dudes!!!

Cars since the mid 90's have had cruise control. Heard of it? Basically when you are on a long road you set it to 110. That way you never catch 'slower drivers' (i.e. people sticking to the limit) so there's less congestion + you don't get all frustrated about them 'slowing you down'. Also, you don't have to watch your speedo because it can't go above 110. Revolutionary, I know.
      Also a thing called fox sports these days that lets you watch all NRL matches live

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Also a thing called fox sports these days that lets you watch all NRL matches live
        Well real-time, not 'live'. Being at the game is always better.

Also, there's things called FTA, NRL app and pirate streams that allow you to watch footy without paying $80+ a month to Rupert Murdoch. $80 a month is much better spent on:
        - Going to the pub/club to watch games.
        - Taking the Mrs out to dinner.
        - Coffee/breakfasts.
        - Saving so I can retire early.

Comment

Snow and ice warnings for the roads around Goulburn on the signs on the M5 just past Liverpool and no I'm not texting while I'm driving, I'm enjoying being in the passanger seat.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Driving back after the game in 1982 we passed one of the supporters bus that had broken down somewhere on the Federal Highway and Brian Cooley and his sister Jane were hanging out the back of the bus. Coming back I think it was 1984 there was a pretty nasty head on on the Lake George section of the road but traffic was diverted around it . Yes the road is as boring as batshit now but it is a safer drive although I have admit driving back in a new car back in 2005 thinking how good the road was the speedo had crept up to 145km, I really had to watch it all the way back to Sydney with the good road and a brand new car ( still have the same car which is doing the trip down to Canberra this time but it’s days of creeping up to 145 are well over although earlier this year coming back from up the coast just south of Newcastle the old girl was hitting 120km still no problems, made sure she went straight back to a 110km though, the old girl goes better than me these days)
            Before all the new road was built and you still had to go through Mittagong and Goulburn, it was always a challenge to see how quick you could get from Liverpool to the start of Northbourne. Im not going to say who but I know if it being done in 1.5hrs once before.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

The point to point average speed cameras in NSW are only for trucks and heavy vehicles.

So unless you’re a truckie or on ACT federal roads they won’t nab you.

or just a fat bastard like me who wants to avoid the weight toll.. comm cars can’t
              Im not so sure about that. Its not a fatigue camera for trucks. Its an average speed camera the same as the ones they have installed on the Pacific Hwy that have replaced a lot of the fixed cameras. I never tempt its fate anyway. 115-119 all the way up and back gets me there in good time without the risk of being caught. Legal speeding!
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

This is not a pleasant drive down, the wind is rocking the car even though it is well weighted down. Watching other cars drifting with the wind is quite scairy, a small truck just drifted into the break down lane and we thought it was going to flip, getting cloudier the further south we go.

Comment

This is not a pleasant drive down, the wind is rocking the car even though it is well weighted down. Watching other cars drifting with the wind is quite scairy, a small truck just drifted into the break down lane and we thought it was going to flip, getting cloudier the further south we go.
                  Its alright down here actually. Not that cold and the sun keeps coming out to warm us up. In fact when the suns out, its rather pleasant.

Safe travels.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

Snow and ice warnings for the roads around Goulburn on the signs on the M5 just past Liverpool and no I'm not texting while I'm driving, I'm enjoying being in the passanger seat.
                    I'm in Canberra... dead set there is no snow and my current indoor temperature is 23'C. The car's thermometer said it was about 14'C outside at ~8:30 when I took my son to gymnastics. Despite this:
                    - Everybody's posting FB messages saying 'ooooh snow in my backyard' [with a video of it raining lightly... nothing on the ground... isn't raining now but I swear that rain was sleet... swear!!!]
                    - Some annoying dude in the coffee line today (local shops at 8:20am) boasted there was snow outside his window 'half an hour ago' that I woulda seen if I woke up early enough (assuming I'd only just rolled outta bed). Yeah mate I have a 3 year old who gets up at 4:00am, when were you up?!? No snow in my hood, brother and we live in the same suburb.

PS - my suburb (Aranda) is next to Bruce stadium. Zero risk of snow IMO. A bit windy and it'll be like 15'C but I'm gonna go for a 30km run around midday. Will wear shorts and a singlet for it. All week I've been wearing my regular suits to work (decent woollen ones but no arctic jacket...etc needed).
                    Last edited by ism22; 08-10-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Its alright down here actually. Not that cold and the sun keeps coming out to warm us up. In fact when the suns out, its rather pleasant.

Safe travels.
                      Tah , sprinkling just north of Goulburn at the moment, just went past the section where i realised my car had crept up to 145km going northbound back in 2005., re phrase that, it is actually raining at Goulburn now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I'm in Canberra... dead set there is no snow and my current indoor temperature is 23'C. The car's thermometer said it was about 14'C outside at ~8:30 when I took my son to gymnastics. Despite this:
                        - Everybody's posting FB messages saying 'ooooh snow in my backyard' [with a video of it raining lightly... nothing on the ground... isn't raining now but I swear that rain was sleet... swear!!!]
                        - Some annoying dude in the coffee line today (local shops at 8:20am) boasted there was snow outside his window 'half an hour ago' that I woulda seen if I woke up early enough (assuming I'd only just rolled outta bed). Yeah mate I have a 3 year old who gets up at 4:00am, when were you up?!? No snow in my hood, brother and we live in the same suburb.

PS - my suburb (Aranda) is next to Bruce stadium. Zero risk of snow IMO. A bit windy and it'll be like 15'C but I'm gonna go for a 30km run around midday. Will wear shorts and a singlet for it. All week I've been wearing my regular suits to work (decent woollen ones but no arctic jacket...etc needed).
                        Yeah there were no road warnings for Canberra, just around Goulburn, apart from the wind the road is fine, just about to turn onto the Federal Highway now, love the drive in on the Federal Highway

Comment

• Poured rain going past Collector, just ducked into Lerida estate for some of their yummy prosecco and having lunch here, lovely view across the lake with no water from here. Lol my nephew in law just sent a pic of his backyard covered in snow this morming in Goulburn.

Comment

• Hope you got here safe champ.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Cant get there tomorrow so just reminding everyone to have fun .

Comment

• Does anyone know what time the team is travelling down tomorrow? Robbo looked like he was at the Bears game just now.

Comment

Working...
                                X