No announcement yet.

Collins - the gift that keeps giving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think Collins has a big future and is better propthan the farmer. Now has size, needs experience/minutes to develop a motor but won’t get minutes due to error rates
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
      I actually think Collins has a big future and is better propthan the farmer. Now has size, needs experience/minutes to develop a motor but won’t get minutes due to error rates
      I see the potential there too mate but we can’t give him more game time cause he makes too many mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
        Could be some of the same loyal experts who wanted to punt Jake, Joey and Toups over the years.

#eatyourown
        It's got you going more than I've seen. The crux is that it wasn't an error in isolation. It's been habitual in Lindsay's early NRL carries. So against a side like the Raiders, with Hodgson having a go at stealing the pigskin every tackle, and some team mates making an art form out of it too, he becomes a higher risk.

I get your angle Jack and I support Collins going forward. In fact I'd like to see him run forward right on top of Hodgson's ball stealing antics. Wouldn't we all. And to be fair to most of the posters here.

Yes there were criticisms of Captain Jake early in the season 2018. They were well justified at the time as Friendy will be the first to admit. From my memory you yourself said that we couldn't win the comp with Jake as hooker. If I am wrong let me know, but I know that was going around.

It's a forum where analysis and criticisms are prevalent. But this one has a sorer spot with you than most. I get it in terms of lets look at the positives. We just wiped a team off the SCG and he did his job okay. Just needs to concentrate on that first carry.

Comment

For me I think the most frustrating part is just about everyone on here wants him to do really well, and succeed in his role and a good portion of it comes from his mullet and missing tooth.

As footy fans we want that type of guy to rip in, but the stupid errors make it more difficult than it should be.

Or perhaps we should just take the good with the bad, like we did for so long with SKD.
          ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

It's got you going more than I've seen. The crux is that it wasn't an error in isolation. It's been habitual in Lindsay's early NRL carries. So against a side like the Raiders, with Hodgson having a go at stealing the pigskin every tackle, and some team mates making an art form out of it too, he becomes a higher risk.

I get your angle Jack and I support Collins going forward. In fact I'd like to see him run forward right on top of Hodgson's ball stealing antics. Wouldn't we all. And to be fair to most of the posters here.

Yes there were criticisms of Captain Jake early in the season 2018. They were well justified at the time as Friendy will be the first to admit. From my memory you yourself said that we couldn't win the comp with Jake as hooker. If I am wrong let me know, but I know that was going around.

It's a forum where analysis and criticisms are prevalent. But this one has a sorer spot with you than most. I get it in terms of lets look at the positives. We just wiped a team off the SCG and he did his job okay. Just needs to concentrate on that first carry.
            Mate don't take me too seriously especially if it upsets you!

Neither of my one liners were directed at you , and I suspect we wouldn't be having this conversation if my initial reaction hadn't followed a comment of yours.

I do hate any mindless knocking of our players and staff, and do often defend players (top 30 at least) and even officials sometimes in the past. Comments like "career reserve graders" or "should never see first grade " just leave me cold. Obviously I see all players in our squads as potential first graders. I've commented in this spirit ever since the days of the Wall and later the Chookpen. Made plenty of enemies but still see it as doing "my bit" in the belief that we are all one club...incl the fans. I ignore most of these comments but occasionally push back. And cop some abuse along the way as many on here do.

I did lose patience with Jake at one time true, but we were going like busteds and I thought we needed a change at the time. Unlike now when we are in a golden period. I will say I was a big advocate for Jake in his very early days however, when many wanted him punted there and then. I'm flattered you know my boring history so well!

Anyway nothing personal was meant...And while we are handing out advice...Maybe change your "we" to "I" unless you have become an unofficial representative of posters here! There are many others (think Quiet Australians analogy) who just read the forum or are members but don't post who don't share the negative views of those more vocal.

If you acknowledge that analysis and criticisms are prevalent on here, hopefully you can accept mine as well whilst choosing to disagree whenever you choose.

Go Easts.

Comment

LMAO,Lindsay will play more 1st grade games than everyone on this thread combined,it wasn't that long ago Jake was copping it,before that Toops,Crighton is a new fave whoopin boy and don't forget Latrell.Even Cronk had a turn early last year.Thank fark Robbo is the coach,Lindsay Collins keep your chin up,once you get it right,you will chew more ground than Adani!
              The world is full of Kings & Queens,who blind your eye's & steal your dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post
                For me I think the most frustrating part is just about everyone on here wants him to do really well, and succeed in his role and a good portion of it comes from his mullet and missing tooth.

As footy fans we want that type of guy to rip in, but the stupid errors make it more difficult than it should be.

Or perhaps we should just take the good with the bad, like we did for so long with SKD.
                ​​​
                You can sit and watch SKD highlights for us for an hour or two. The only real highlight I can recall if Collins was half a tackle on SBurgess last year on the semi, alongside Jared. Collins is no SKD!

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

You can sit and watch SKD highlights for us for an hour or two. The only real highlight I can recall if Collins was half a tackle on SBurgess last year on the semi, alongside Jared. Collins is no SKD!
                  I have a feeling Lindsay started out as a back, possibly winger and gravitated to playing prop.

His Grandad is Lionel Williamson who the older posters will know well. Played for Newtown and also a number of tests for Australia
                  on the flank.

Robbo is probably waiting until the finals but that's when we may see Manu to Hooker and Collins replacing Toups on the left wing.

Comment

100%. The kid has all the attributes of a good front rower just needs time. He's a pig on a spit.

Chook.

Comment

So leave him in reserve grade. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by infidelrooster View Post
                        LMAO,Lindsay will play more 1st grade games than everyone on this thread combined,it wasn't that long ago Jake was copping it,before that Toops,Crighton is a new fave whoopin boy and don't forget Latrell.Even Cronk had a turn early last year.Thank fark Robbo is the coach,Lindsay Collins keep your chin up,once you get it right,you will chew more ground than Adani!
                        I love your optimism.

Comment

He is a big unit and can bend the line. Unfortunately, he currently has the ball handling skills of a lesbian. I still think in time he will prove to be an asset.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Mate don't take me too seriously especially if it upsets you!

Neither of my one liners were directed at you , and I suspect we wouldn't be having this conversation if my initial reaction hadn't followed a comment of yours.

I do hate any mindless knocking of our players and staff, and do often defend players (top 30 at least) and even officials sometimes in the past. Comments like "career reserve graders" or "should never see first grade " just leave me cold. Obviously I see all players in our squads as potential first graders. I've commented in this spirit ever since the days of the Wall and later the Chookpen. Made plenty of enemies but still see it as doing "my bit" in the belief that we are all one club...incl the fans. I ignore most of these comments but occasionally push back. And cop some abuse along the way as many on here do.

I did lose patience with Jake at one time true, but we were going like busteds and I thought we needed a change at the time. Unlike now when we are in a golden period. I will say I was a big advocate for Jake in his very early days however, when many wanted him punted there and then. I'm flattered you know my boring history so well!

Anyway nothing personal was meant...And while we are handing out advice...Maybe change your "we" to "I" unless you have become an unofficial representative of posters here! There are many others (think Quiet Australians analogy) who just read the forum or are members but don't post who don't share the negative views of those more vocal.

If you acknowledge that analysis and criticisms are prevalent on here, hopefully you can accept mine as well whilst choosing to disagree whenever you choose.

Go Easts.
                            Goodaye Jack and thanks for the full on answer. Much appreciated for clarity.

Wasn't upset, as much as curious as to why the thread had got under your goat so much. That's all. And my reference to we, rather than just I, was in context of the earlier posters and the 'unofficial rep' of those prior. So nothing personal involved and it had little to do with your criticism following my comment either. I never thought you were having a go at me, but you were welcome to.

As per Jake posts I too was critical of the clunky service, panic plays etc and we weren't alone at the time. Why I noticed your was that you'd ruled out our premiership chances with him hooker. I just thought that was going in a bit hard at the time. Maybe in a similar way to you seeing some of us going hard on Collins.

As you have explained, re Wall, Chickenpen etc you've been mostly supportive of Friend. Me too. In fact the way he was developing in Robbo's first years I thought he was the natural replacement for Smith. Things went awry during that 2016 season when the extra responsibility got to him. But lately we have seen a return to the days of the 40/20's and creative dummy half play. And isn't Verills a gift going into the finals.

Fact is we tend to agree on most posts, and share an interest in the reserves as well as the main stars plus enjoy a play on words and a bit of humour. As for loyalty to the players, well I can trace back to 1962 and there's been a lot of them wear that jersey along the road from Doug Ricketson to Kurt Sherlock's Moe.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Easts to Win

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Goodaye Jack and thanks for the full on answer. Much appreciated for clarity.

Wasn't upset, as much as curious as to why the thread had got under your goat so much. That's all. And my reference to we, rather than just I, was in context of the earlier posters and the 'unofficial rep' of those prior. So nothing personal involved and it had little to do with your criticism following my comment either. I never thought you were having a go at me, but you were welcome to.

As per Jake posts I too was critical of the clunky service, panic plays etc and we weren't alone at the time. Why I noticed your was that you'd ruled out our premiership chances with him hooker. I just thought that was going in a bit hard at the time. Maybe in a similar way to you seeing some of us going hard on Collins.

As you have explained, re Wall, Chickenpen etc you've been mostly supportive of Friend. Me too. In fact the way he was developing in Robbo's first years I thought he was the natural replacement for Smith. Things went awry during that 2016 season when the extra responsibility got to him. But lately we have seen a return to the days of the 40/20's and creative dummy half play. And isn't Verills a gift going into the finals.

Fact is we tend to agree on most posts, and share an interest in the reserves as well as the main stars plus enjoy a play on words and a bit of humour. As for loyalty to the players, well I can trace back to 1962 and there's been a lot of them wear that jersey along the road from Doug Ricketson to Kurt Sherlock's Moe.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Easts to Win
                              No worries mate, and keep up the good work. Always one of the best reads.

Comment

Mustn’t be such a bad thread after all considering you keep posting in it!
                                Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Working...
                                X